Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Only custom domain

Hello!
    I no need extra space or email send, but i like to have my domain on your service. if this feature has been available for a fixed amount on a regular basis, just one custom domain and one name and free plan limits, of course with the ability to upgrade to another plan.
    Thanks you!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paypal als Zahlungsmethode

Leider ist die Zahlung per Kreditkarte in Deutschland etwas spartanisch. Warum wird nicht wenigstens auch Paypal akzeptiert, es wird ja eh schon für Spenden akzeptiert.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Visualize encryption process

Protonmail user experience doesn't "feel" any more secure than any other email provider.

Create the feeling of security by replacing the message body with animated random ascii characters when a user clicks the send button.

Watching their message turning into unreadable encrypted text will create a reward that will make users less likely to give up on proton mail and go back to their old email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Itshould be possible to find and read won contributions, especially in forum-like environment. Can't find mine.

It should be possible to find and read own contributions, especially in forum-like environment. Can't find mine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Security Accreditation

Hey, have you guys got accreditation for carrying government docs? The UK criminal justice secure mail is really really broken (too many users and may even be insecure http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/03/uk_justice_email_insecure_protocols/)

If you guys were accredited then we, contractors, could send sensitive documents legally using your system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mohamedkassr

I have my ID: mohamedkassr but I want to change it to mohamed,kassr but I want to receive on both. Where mohamed,kassr is my ID in many things.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. access inbox

so from today on you can't access your inbox. you have a welcome message and tips on how to manage layouts.
    since none of the "close", "next tip" or "finish" button actually do something, you are stuck with tips and can't access your inbox.
    my dream would be to be able to access my inbox like I was yesterday.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bombing password

Adding bombing password if someone signed in with this password all the data inside the mail will archived in special cloud and deleted and the only way to retrieve the deleted data is by interning special diffrent password

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make this site a notrack user zone...

Do i really have to explain why?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Possibilty to change to protonmail.ch in App

I have a protonmail.ch adress, but when I try to login to the app, I can't change the protonmail.com to protonmail.ch? App is useless to me right now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shake to undo

It is so common on the iOS platform to shake one's iDevice to undo a recent performed action (e.g. archiving an email) that it feels this option is somehow missing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Software

Greetings ProtonMail
    I have a idea and I think it's a good one so we have ProtonMail on the web I was thinking we should make a software of ProtonMail for users to download for example Microsoft have office 365 but you can download outlook on to your pc desktop, This can higher the ranking of security.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create addresses within custom domain, that can be forwarded to external adresses

As I use some 'custom domains' with multiple persons, I would like to have it handled by Protonmail, with the possibility to forward mail of certain e-mail addresses to external addresses, as I cannot enforce other people to start using Protonmail.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Internet

You have the internet in English and French, why not also in German?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. mobile text notification

Mobile Text Notification. let the user opt-in receiving mobile text notifications of when someone has logged in to their account. time/date and location.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. bigger attachments within Proton Mail Users

tlen.pl offers huge amount of attachments, could be good if proton could consider at least up to 3 Gb attachments. This could allow users to transfer files/movies etc

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mettre la France métropole dans la liste déroulante sur paiement ?

Mettre la France métropole dans la liste déroulante sur le paiement ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pincode protect ProtonMail app

Extra protection from default showing and viewing mails is to add a Pincode after starting up the app and wanting to view the inbox (or other folder) .
    A Pincode is on a smartphone an extra authentication layer, but much more usable than a password, like for example typing in.
    your secure inbox password each time.
    This way if your mobile phone gets stolen or lost, your ProtonMail isn't t directly compromised.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Privacy in donations

It's not a problem to donate some amount
    But it is out of logic to subscribe to Protonmail and have only bank card option (i.e. full identification) to donate

Guys, how to do it with bitcoins?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base