Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select/link to contacts using 'To:, CC:, BCC,' field in COMPOSE

When composing a new message, the TO:, CC:, BCC, field titles should link to the contacts list. As it stands now, you have to start typing in order for any contacts to appear. Also, it would be nice if once those fields link to the contacts there were check boxes to select the contacts more than one at a time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Other Internet Services

Free, Open Source and Secure : Web Hosting & Building, Cloud Storage, Notes, Reminders, Contacts Storage, Calendar, VPN and Cloud Office Software.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable "Send From"

Ability to send e-mail from a forwarded address. Many universities provide forwarding addresses rather than full e-mail accounts; I would like to see ProtonMail add this feature, a la Gmail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to disable timestamps on replies

Instead of manually removing time stamps each time whenever I reply due to privacy, and risk forgetting it, I wish to have an option to disable adding timestamps to the reply.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert text as quotation

It would be good to be able to quote text in my emails. So far I have to use plaintext tricks, such as inserting '>>' before text I want to quote.

For me adding button into email editor menu inserting empty quote into email where the cursor is (like in GMail), or context menu item 'Paste as quotation' (just like in Thunderbird) would remove the primary obstacle in everyday Protonmail use.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A note pad, calendar with reminder.

A note pad, with calendar and pop up message reminder would be great. Thank you Protonmail.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sign all nonencrypted emails to outside

When using my non-protonmail account, I currenty sign every Email I send with my private key using thunderbird/enigmail and attach my public key. People who do not know how to deal with encryption are not bothered by this, but everyone who has a mail-setup that supports encryption will automatically know that
    a) I have a PGP key
    b) all mails signed from that key are from me, or at least are able to get suspicious if my key changes or a non-signed mail arrives
    c) can reply encrypted and attach their key, which will let me know in turn that…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Desktop Client + Secure 3rd Party Mail provider support

While making a secure desktop client for ProtonMail alone shouldn't be difficult, this idea focuses on how to use ProtonMail Servers to add a layer of security to 3rd Party email providers.

If the ProtonMail server is used as an email client to receive 3rd Party email through POP3/IMAP4, those emails could be encrypted and stored on a ProtonMail server. But they would be encrypted by using the User's Public Key. Thus once received an encrypted, they cannot be opened by anyone else but the User himself.

Then the email could either be fetched by or pushed to the desktop…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Volunteers Tool

Dear,

I'd like suggest to the Protonmail provide the Volunteers Tool, for help on Protonmail translation global language. Cause I'm looking forward for see Protonmail in Brazilian Portuguese.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Phone or laptop

Do you plan to release yourself or in collaboration with other like minded people a secure hardware like mobile phone and/or laptop computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Graceful Failure of Security or Why have Servers Outside of Switzerland

I think ProtonMail should setup incoming mail servers around the world, preferably within every provider (similar to Google's caching infrastructure). Combined with geographical DNS resolution, outside users' emails would always get to a nearby server - where all email is encrypted - before crossing heavily monitored international links.

Yes, those servers might be under surveillance, but this is less damaging than requiring all emails from gmail, hotmail, yahoo... to go past the "five eyes" (and others) before being "kept secret" in Switzerland. Yes, the US might see American emails, and Libya might see Libyan emails, but that's status quo not…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A way to remove contacts from the mobile app even if they are in the device's contact list.

The Android app added all of my contacts from my phone's contact list. But I don't want ever contact in my phone to be included in my ProtonMail contact list. Some of them are only used for specific apps. But I can't delete the ones that came from my phone's contact list.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. security concern with delete my account

I think delete my account is a bad thing to have on protonmail and the way you guys put it on protonmail and how it works is a security problem you guys put delete my account so if a friend or someone that finds out your password can easily delete your protonmail account instantly I think it needs to be improved in way that so it takes like 14 days to delete your account and be able to reactivate the account if you still want it instead of being deleted instantly as security so not just anyone who manages to…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HTTP Public Key Pinning (HPKP)

Please consider to support HPKP so as to provide enhanced protection against MITM attacks by using forged certificate. If I were right, another secure email provider Posteo.de does support HPKP.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Composing in RTF

Please allow composing messages in rich text format

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Proton email custom domain namer server names/listing - URGENT...........

Please, what are the Proton name server settings for my custom domains to put in my DNS settings? I must get your name servers in ASAP so my email will go through your servers and not my previous providers.....

Please advise ASAP. Reply to erik.lawrencekansas@gmail.com.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Priority email addresses on top when you start typing an email address

When you type an email address suggestions are displayed, but there is not a priority defined. This feature would allow the most used email addresses to be displayed on top. Also the recently used ones.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If email has an attachment eliminate the requirement for the email to have content

Email service currently require all emails sent to have text content. Sometimes I am trying to send an atarchemnt to someone and find it completely unsecessary to add text content.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a mail collect feature.

ProtonMail should add a mail collect feature for outside email addresses (Gmail,GMX etc ).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base