Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. authentication log

The Authentication Log is great. To make it more usable at a glance, could ProtonMail add more details to the IP Address. One useful piece of information would be Geographic Location. It would be nice to know that if I'm in the US and somehow my email was last accessed from China, at a glance I'm able to determine my email account was compromised.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3D Touch support and Split screen multitasking

3 D Touch actions from the home screen for Inbox, New Message, Settings. Also peek and pop on messages. Split screen multitasking on iPad.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User Interface (UI) arrangement

1. Would be beneficial to be able to drag/rearrange the left side of the mobile app containing the inbox contents, contacts, and labels. Some users would like to order the widgets in their own order.

2. Would be ideal to be able to collapse all the above mentioned categories as well. This is in case you only care to see your labels and nothing else.

3. Would be nice to be able to pin the above sections also.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. calling and texting option in ProtonMail

Could be nice to have a calling option (at competitive rates) users could buy credits to top up their accounts. Calls from/to proton mail users could always be free.

Similarly texting option could be provided as well, where messages to mobiles could be sent on much lower and competitive rates

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Navigate emails with buttons in app

I find it quite annoying to navigate from one email to the next within the iPhone. Would love to read my emails by clicking on a button to get from one email to the next one, instead of always going back to the inbox overview and clicking on the next email. Similar to arrows in the top right hand corner in the Apple Mail App.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. threema

Please integrate Signal (by openwhispersystems) or Threema for the password.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. (mobile) Adding a "delete" button in incoming email notifications (as per gmail app)

Adding a "delete" button in incoming email notifications (as per gmail app) would be great..I think

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. envelope content splitting

chiaramail ECS technology

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow two addresses/aliases for everyone

Considering that one main focus (and appeal) of PM is security and privacy, I think it'd be a good idea to allow for two addresses even in the free version. I want to give my kids an "e-mail address for life" and I don't want it to be gmail or other similar. So I'd like to get them firstname.lastname@protonmail.com as well as something that does not make them identifyable, like "foodoo@protonmail.com". They may not be ready to use this just yet, but I want them to have this as their first choice when the time comes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. idiomas para los diferentes paises

dar la opcion de tener idiomas para seleccionar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Using arrow keys (and keyboard shortcuts) to navigate mail

It's great to be able to use the service without needing the mouse.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. delivery status

for emailing WITHIN Protonmail community, show the delivery status.

Here is a link to the competition
    https://www.safe-mail.net/support/eng/help/faqxamples/generaluse.html

Here is a description

an you explain the meaning of the different mail status I can see in the Sent folder.

An email that is sent to an internal user (i.e. a user of Safe-mail), can have the following statuses:

Delivered - which means that the mail was delivered to the recipient's inbox.

No such user - which means by default that there was no recipient either.

Inbox full - which means that the recipient's inbox was full.

A date - which tells…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Contact Scrolling without Pages

Instead of having to page thru contacts, it would be nice to be able to scroll A to Z on one page.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. spdy

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to add the spdy (or http/2) on the web server of protonmail. It's not the best features but maybe it can improve the time answer of the web server.

Best Regards.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Read receipt - encrypted, expiration set for mails to outside

Show if an encrypted mail has been read (decrypted).
    Only for external users. For internal can be in form of : "inform sender about read" button.

Especially great if you send with expiration flag. So you can see if it was read - delivered. Suggest to store in system without any other info - only yes/no. Without IP, date, time only flag to minimize exposure surface.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sender should know

Hi,its very good initiative to have fully encrypted mail box.You are having many new features,why cant you introduce other feature that sender should know whether his mail is read or not?????.

This gives sender a idea what about his mail ,whether it is going to address his need or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Localization

Сделайте пожалуйста локализацию для всех языков.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a "Fake Mailbox"

Create a fake mailbox pin, which takes you to an alternate mailbox which has only E-mails you want to show there. This is a feature currently used by KeepSafe and it is extremely helpful.

http://support.getkeepsafe.com/hc/en-us/articles/203847080-What-is-the-Fake-PIN-

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think the encrypted emails are pointless if there are no security measures to access the app on my phone

I think the encrypted emails are pointless if there are no security measures to access the app on my phone especially when it is not shown in encrypted form simple yet overlooked??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base