Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to see an option where emails go to your server are encrypted and get forwarded unincrypted

Many people are not willing to do anything new not even to enter a password to open an encrypted mail.

Sad to say.

So I would like to see an option where mails and attachments are sent to your server encrypted and are forwarded to the recipient unincrypted. This has at least some security better than nothing for communicating with people who do not want to care with encryption.

I also would like an option where all mails that get sent unencrypted get automatically encrypted on your server and get forwarded just like the ones who come from a protonmail…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wider column/box for composing body of email by shrinking or collapsing column for attachments, expiration, and encription check box.

Perhaps a link to enlarge the text box for composing (body) like a pop up of sorts (similar to gmail), or just a wider middle column so that the compose (body) box is larger and person can view more of the composed message at one time. This box is especially too small if CC and BCC are used. It seems taking space from the column with the attachments, expiration time, and encryption check box would help with this issue. Or a way to collapse portions of the view that are taking up too much space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increasing custom CSS theme's priority

Now it is possible to customize CSS theme in our inbox, but it does not really work properly because of custom theme's low priority compared to default style sheet.
    For example now changing colours of main parts of interface (like primary buttons and main divs), hiding unwanted options, editing style of headings are NOT possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expiry should not be indicated and screen capture ability disabled

I suggest a recipient should not be able to see that the e-mail has a expiry time.Seeing that there is an expiry time may cause the recipient to forward the e-mail or take a screen shot of the e-mail.
    I further suggest any e-mail with an expiry time should not be able to be captured by way of a screen shot.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to send attachments unencrypted

Ive found Gmail is rejecting encrypted attachments as a security risk.
    Does Automatic encryption have an opt-out.?
    I cant see?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Never forget SIMPLICITY and MINIMALISM, the very strength of Google's Gmail

Never forget simplicity and minimalism otherwise it will end up as bloatware in the future. This is one of the main reasons behind the success of Google and Apple as to why people like the services so much especially Gmail. Simple, minimalistic yet powerful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Encrypt email address when sending messages to "unknown" recipients.

For example, PM encrypts my email address username@protonmail.ch when it is send to their servers, thus coming out something like Dj4^vsSD@ or total nonsense to the "unknown" recipient.

When the recipient replies the email address is known by PM therefore it is decrypted on their servers, found to be [me] username@protonmail.ch and delivered to the correct inbox. This, I believe, would protect users from third party email distribution or that "friend" who is a little too active on their FB page.

I have seen this utilised, surprisingly, by PayPal. PP knew my email address, but the merchant I bought something…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recipient-specific encryption keys

Instead of setting an encryption key for each email I send to non-ProtonMail users, I would like to set an encryption key for each recipient.

This allows me, for example, to agree upon separate encryption keys for John and Dave, so that they can decrypt emails with their own unique password. Then when I send an email to both of them, their individual copy of the email is encrypted separately with the key I have assigned to them.

This also relieves me of the burden of constantly creating keys and hints for people I regularly correspond with.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Merging mails with the same subject

The subject is pretty clear. Merging mails with the same subject would improve the search of mails and make the inbox cleaner and more user friendly.

If you receive 20 or more emails per day within one "chat" with your friends, you better not go on vacation...

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. news feed

I would be great if you did some sort of news aggregation like Google News or the Duckduckgo app on smartphones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. push

When imap is working then perhaps you could implement push technology.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to be able to create additional files to store and label emails.

Need to be able to create additional files to store and label emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select multiple contacts for messaging, deletion

Put a checkbox beside each contact to allow multiple selection of contacts for sending them the same message, or for deleting several contacts at once. Multiple editing of contacts could be nice but might not be possible.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Refresh

Could you put a refresh-button on the inbox?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clear formatting function should switch to plain text without stripping line breaks

The mail composition clear formatting function should switch existing text contents in the mail window simply to plain text WITHOUT stripping the carriage return / line breaks. Presently, Protonmail web mail defaults to HTML mode composition, but it would be useful to switch to plain text composition WITHOUT causing (especially) the quoted text from the e-mail that the user is replying to, to lose carriage returns / line breaks when switching to plain text mode.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Placement of Reply & Forward Functions; Differentiate Back Function

The reply, forward, etc. functions are far to the right of the e-mail you are reading and not presented contextually (on a small windows 8 machine). Also, the arrow to move back to list view is nearly the same visually as the already-established-by-other-sites reply arrow. The two are confusing and I frequently think one is the function of the other.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WYSIWYG Editor in UI with Ability to Add Hyperlinks

Most e-mail services have WYSIWYG-type formatting editors built into their interfaces. This allows a user to do things such as: add bullets, add numbers, enlarge and reduce font, change to another web-safe font, embed a hyperlink in the e-mail, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Transfer Protonmail.com to another provider! (Godaddy is against privacy)

Please,

transfer the protonmail.com domain to another register, GoDaddy support some of the worse privacy law that are in the world!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base