Add proper contact sync for iOS and android
Similar issue posted earlier but closed prematurely by Proton:
We need to be able to sync proton contacts with phone contacts on Android and iOS. I am unable to completely migrate from Gmail without this.
-
M
commented
Proton uses UserVoice as a pressure valve, users get a place to vent and vote, Proton gets to point to it as "listening to the community," but the actual development priorities seem to follow their own roadmap regardless of vote counts. - Lumo
-
Shandar commented
I’m in the same boat, being able to sync Proton contacts directly would make moving away from Google much easier.
-
Nikolambo Gamardjoba commented
میرے خیال میں تعلیم تب زیادہ بامعنی بنتی ہے جب طالب علم کو صرف تیار شدہ جوابات یاد کرنے کے بجائے سوال اٹھانے، بحث کرنے اور اپنے نتائج اخذ کرنے کی آزادی ملے۔ سننے، دلیل دینے اور دوسروں کے مختلف تجربات کا احترام کرنے جیسی صلاحیتیں کلاس روم سے کہیں آگے روزمرہ زندگی میں بھی کام آتی ہیں۔
یہی اصول آن لائن معلومات کے استعمال پر بھی لاگو ہوتا ہے۔ مختلف موضوعات اور پلیٹ فارمز کو خود دیکھنا اور ان کا تنقیدی جائزہ لینا بہتر ہے؛ پاکستانی ویب مواد تلاش کرتے ہوئے https://banger.pk جیسے مقامی وسائل بھی اس وسیع ڈیجیٹل ماحول کا حصہ ہیں۔ اہم بات یہ ہے کہ کسی بھی ذریعے کو حتمی سچ سمجھنے کے بجائے معلومات کا موازنہ کیا جائے اور -
Dario
commented
That should have been a standard feature a long time ago!
-
Marcel
commented
A workaround using Gmail or Outlook is nice, but that’s not why I chose Proton as my email client. I want to move away from Gmail, Outlook, and the like.
Why was this feature disabled again? Or rather, I keep seeing the note that it’s just a temporary situation, but it’s been like this for quite a while now. It’s one of the few things I really miss and consider very important. -
Richard Moore commented
Currently syncing with a goggle account. Not ideal. Please do this proton.
-
Ian
commented
This is definitely needed. I'm trying to degoogle and this is an important step that's missing
-
Dennis Tipsmark Lykke
commented
I really need this to be free from Google.
-
Lise Gerd Pedersen
commented
The only way I have found to transfer my Proton contacts to my Android phone (Samsung S24) is to export from Proton to Google, import to Samsung from Google, disable synchronization between Samsung and Google and then delete the contacts in Google immediately. I DON'T want my contacts to be stored in Google! When Samsung upgrades Android they anyway synchronize down from Google, and then my contacts disappear from my phone (except those that has been stored directly on the phone since last time). A Proton Phone app would be a big, big plus!
-
Edan
commented
+1 from me, too. Thanks for posting. I've been a Proton customer for 11 years and decided to finally complete the De-Google phase... but then I found I can't sync my contacts so I'm having to use an alternative solution for now.
-
Connor Johnson
commented
We need to be able to use contacts on iOS with other apps. So we need a way to sync contacts to iOS. Maybe using CardDav?
-
Sandro
commented
+1