Quality of email life issues and suggestions
All mail: I understand that this could be from a 'trying to make the transition from Gmail smoother' perspective. However, I have had major issues with Gmail, of certain mail only going to All mail and not showing up in my inbox. I would really appreciate if there was a way to turn this off because I never check All mail. I understand that people can find it very useful. I find it to be the exact opposite, and my brain doesn’t work well with the idea of having an inbox, all the rest of the folders, and All mail, that could potentially need to be checked.
The interface feels cluttered. Maybe it’s because I like the more 'metro' feel but there’s so many things that are high contrasted into buttons or sections and frankly there’s so many little icons to work with that it feels very busy. There’s a lot pulling in my attention in different directions even if it’s something that I barely use or never use. It would be awesome to have a way to customize the interface even more, so you can go on hide certain things.
I don’t know if this is something privacy related, but when I open up an email the header and the subject line are all in the dark mode theme that I have set, yet, the body of the email shows up in the light mode, it hurts my eyes. My use of dark mode isn’t just a preference. It’s actually better for my very migraine sensitive, and migraine prone, head and is more soothing on my eyes. It’s surprises me that Microsoft and Apple both manage to have a cohesive dark mode throughout the email, including the body of the email itself, whereas Proton doesn’t seem to have that feature. Is it something dealing with not scanning emails or not interacting with the actual body of the email? It seems strange because the header, which is where the actual email address is, shows up in dark mode.