Skip to content

Proton Mail

241 results found

1. ProtonMail leaks my real address when replying to alias received mail and use BCC

1. I have created an email alias in Proton Pass for Firefox.
    2. I have sent an email to this alias (from different provider) and inside ProtonMail (opened in web browser Firefox) replied that e-mail. During replying, I have also added my other external e-mail into BCC field.
    3. I have received an anonymized reply to main address to which I was replying, good. But the copy sent to BCC address was NOT anonymized.

I think that when i want to remain private under alias, the privacy should be complete, not revealing my real address when BCC or CC(not tested). Will you consider…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Management of message expiry in filters and in the APP

I use filters to tag my incoming mails depending on the subjet, sender address and destination address.

I would love to be able to add an expiry period (1week, 1month, 3months, 1 year) as additional action in the filter. This would allow to automatically delete old and useless messages without having to browse through them.

I would also love to have a minimal expiry management in the APP.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Images in Auto-Reply message

Coming from Google, one feature that we had to give up was the use of images in Auto-Replies. Having an image helps us easily convey more feeling in the message, and it is a sorely missed feature after switching to Proton from Google. Maybe this would be an easy change to the Auto-Reply feature?

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Open Proton Mail desktop beta to other plan types

allow your paying customers to test out Proton Mail (Beta) for windows without having to be a Proton Visionary subscribers (legacy). I'm not quite sure why you would want to have a smaller userbase able to access , use and provide feedback on a new premium offering.,

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improved synchronization error resistance in Proton Mail Bridge

I really like the option to use Proton Mail Bridge to be able to get my Proton Mail account into Outlook.

However, the Bridge is lacking a bit when it comes to resistance against synchronization errors. I have had several instances when the message count is different between Outlook and the Proton Mail web app.

I need to be 100 % sure that what I see in Outlook matches what I see in the web app, and vice versa. Some sort of built-in folder/message comparing feature would be nice to have. I understand that the way things work with Bridge,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Preview Sender Email and Recipient Email

We currently can see the name of a sender in the Inbox view, but an enhanced view option would help me and I'm sure others. I'll elaborate... When a ProtonMail member has multiple email aliases set up, it would be beneficial for us to be able to see a preview line without opening an email which would show the email address the sender is sending from AND the email address the sender sent the email to (i.e. one of our aliases). This would help members be able to better identify possible spam/phishing attempts. I would imagine this could be set…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable ability to click email links

When looking at attack vectors the possibility to click on a link is one of the important attack vectors for mail.
    I would recommend a optional function where a user can turn off link clicking completely.

Like others suggested you could in addition provide a option where you still allow to copy a link with a button.

Another good suggestion I saw was to highlight the domain within a link

In combination with disabling content loading this will be very effective to mitigating most threats.

Finally you could make a function where users are give the option to scan…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Set subscriptions per subaccount addresses

I want to be able to receive most of the Email subscriptions but not have those on sub-accounts / member accounts as they don't want them. Currently only the main account owner can set subscriptions, and they may not know the other members of the account can't set that setting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. iPadOS App Interface

I wanted to share a suggestion regarding the iPadOS app. Currently, the app is structured similarly to the iOS app designed for smartphones, leading to an inefficient use of space, especially on iPad Pro devices. The valuable screen real estate is not optimized, resulting in reduced productivity.

I recommend incorporating the Web interface seamlessly into the iPadOS app, especially the opportunitiy to see folders, the messages overview and the opened message all at the same time. This would not only maximize the use of the larger iPad screen but also provide a more intuitive and productive user experience. By adopting…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Highlight unauthenticated e-mail adress to fight phishing

Just received an e-mail from gov which is a phishing.

It would be much better if unauthenticated e-mail adresses which may have been falsified show like BIG AND RED on the e-mail header.

Moreover, with a falsified authentification, it's surprising to have an e-mail going to the inbox instead of the spambox.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Push notificarions

It is curious, to say the least, that you who defend email privacy so much, do not allow push notifications on android if google services are not installed.
    It is certainly known that google reads push notifications from your application (and all the others), and the fact that your application requires that Google is present, gives food for thought.
    They must understand that more and more of us do not use these services, and the fact that this is so, only leads to think of some collusion between Protonmail and Google.
    Cosnpiranoias apart I understand that this is not a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove email address (not just disable)

Once a paid plan user added a new email address (@proton.com / @pm.me), they would not be able to remove it if they no longer want it, or they simply made a mistake when creating one.

This would occupy one quota of plan, for example, there are only 10 addresses for mail plus user.

I would like to suggest enabling removing undesired email addresses, releasing the quota for the user, and opening up the addresses again for the public to choose from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Extend limit of 3 months for scheduling emails

Remove the limit of 3 months maximum schedule time. For my business (and personal life) it would be tremendously valuable to schedule emails a full 365 days in advance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customizable view setttings on mobile

Add ability to customize the view of the mailbox on mobile apps, such as changing the width of each email listing; view sender, time received, subject line, and 1st line of email body; show icons from sender instead of the 1st letter of the sender's email address, etc etc

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support and provide information for older macOS

I am a paying customer and wish to remain one. But Proton Bridge for Proton Mail is currently only for Big Sur and above, and I am using an older version, v. 3.0.21 of Bridge. I get a message to update it but I am scared to because I have zero idea if it will download the last supported version for my system or else the newest thing which is (supposedly) not supported. Bridge is working for me and I do not want to break it. And I have no idea which version is okay for my Mac and where…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Paste unformatted text

In Gmail one can change the font of a pasted in text to match normal look of the rest of the email. Proton only lets one change the entire email to text or normal

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simplify thread view

please simplify the view of the emails in a thread view or whatever where more emails can be seen at once. as it stands now, it is a bit hard to navigate in emails one has sent. one can make a branch view where when an email is no longer sent to the same people, it branches off. you could call it branch view. it would be the next big thing and would suit ar glasses too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improved Folder Options

I have two ideas that I think would be great:

1) The folder automatically sees all the senders added to the folder and a new option (toggle) allows you to automatically add all of them to a rule that automatically sorts the senders into this folder (a check box could allow all current emails to be sorted in as well as all future emails) - this is automatically updated when a new sender is added to the folder. In settings, you can changed the settings for each folder > sender, for example to allow push notifications for a certain sender…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve usability on wide-screen iPads - persistent folder list

iOS will discontinue PWAs leaving the Proton Mail app the main option to access mails. The main difference between the PWA and the app has been that the folder list is fixed in the PWA, while it moves automatically out in the app, as the app is overwhelmingly used on vertically held mobile phone screens. But for wider iPad screens a small ‚pin needle‘ could allow the user to fix the folder list on the screen leading to a better user experience and an almost identical user experience.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Switch protonmail.com to proton.me

For all usernames, both are blocked, as @pm.me (as reception address) is assigned to them. Some time ago, new users could only choose between @protonmail.ch and @protonmail.com - there was no @proton.me option.

Hence, it would be nice to allow older users using the @proton.me address for sending and receiving - as it already exists on the servers, anyway.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Proton Mail