Support Nix & NixOS by publishing up to date CLI/Headless binaries in a freely available manner
The nixpkgs repository holds the largest amount of packages of any package repository out there. The Nix community is thriving and growing, and even the full government of of the Netherlands seem to be changing from Windows to NixOS now.
Supporting nixpkgs, which by extension, in itself, would amount to a very concrete support for the Nix ecosystem as a whole, this would make a huge difference.
-
Mark
commented
I am in the process of switching to NixOS and found it to be rather annoying that the community maintained Proton apps are all out of date and in the case of VPN even lack support for split tunneling because of a missing dependency. And Proton refused to create an AppImage, the Flatpak I believe is unofficial.
Kind of surprising, I would have expected Proton to happily support NixOS given how easy it is to make it immutable and secure. Or at least make self-contained and portable packages where possible.