Let me pet the cat
Whats the point in having a cat mascot if I can't even pet them!
-
G
commented
I don't like the cat as a mascot. There are, from my perspective, entirely too many cats on the internet already anyway. I would prefer a personification for the search for knowledge like an anthropomorphic torch, lighthouse, or a "loyal dog sniffing out knowledge" or some such. If anything the usage of a cat seems more directly tied to the rising tide of antisocial behavior and misanthropy in our internet connected and media saturated culture. As a superficial mascot a dog would be more "social" is my argument and "community oriented" in its cultural context. Otherwise thank you for Lumo.
-
Alexander Simbun commented
I think pet the cat is already implemented in recently. I think so.
-
Bingohansolo commented
Heart particles come out while petting it
-
Eamon Tracy commented
This is the feature request we didn't know we needed, but absolutely do.
-
Polymath
commented
This is legit tho. This is the "human" side of things, where we still enjoy whimsy and cuteness, and the same origins of like the [Boaty McBoatface](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boaty_McBoatface) trend of having some human amusement with naming conventions and similar.
I am all for the idea of petting a cat, and/or like the Proton team formally sponsoring a local cat sanctuary and rescue, with one cat always being the formal "Lumo," in the same way that like the University of Texas Longhorns always have "[Bevo](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevo_(mascot))" as a real, live steer, and whenever one dies or moves on, the next one becomes Bevo.
Or maybe the local stray cats from the "cat distribution system" can be like "Lumo 1" "Lumo 2" all the way through like Hexadecimal "Lumo F" then on back to 10, 11, 12, 13... FD, FE, FF, 100, etc as each local cat from the Proton area gets adopted or sponsored by users
-
HomelessShoe
commented
I have to admit, when I opened Lumo for the first time I tried was to pet it or boop its nose. Even trying to circle around with my cursor like a laser pen.
-
Wei
commented
Agreed, of course it was also the first thing I tried to do too!
I don’t know if you or anyone else reads this but I just posted another idea… to Choose Lumo’s Face!
I think it is at least as critical as being able to pet Lumo ;-)
-
Pierre-Eric
commented
Ce serait génial de pouvoir personnaliser l'avatar de Lumo
-
Asbjörn
commented
And when idle, it would pick different stuff from the screen and push it of the "Table"
Maybe one could give it a scratch or a pat on the head...
Or Lumo would go an scratch something...
-
Legion495
commented
And the cat eyes should follow the mouse cursor.
Today i noticed the cat is missing from the prompt input since Lumo 2.0 -
Fantos
commented
Nice idea. :)
I discovered Lumo a few months ago. This AI turned out to be quite good for my needs. The mascot is beautiful.
-
Dauntae
commented
I love the idea of petting the cat mascot!
It would be even better if Lumo could also critique responses, code, or ideas as a friendly second opinion. Something like the old Claude Buddy feature would make it really useful while keeping the fun vibe.
-
Julian
commented
That, plus let me buy a Lumo plushy in the Proton shop – kthxbai
-
Ansoron
commented
Lumo is already superior to chatGPT and any other AI, but this feature will make it infinitely unbeatable.
-
Charles
commented
haha love this! It will definitely make me use it more XD
-
N192K001
commented
This MUST be done: Allow us to pet the cat, but running the mouse over the cat's head and/or across the cheeks!
-
Midori242
commented
Haha nice idea😆
As some of you have already said, it would be also good if Lumo actually identified itself as a cat!
Though as it's already really cute (and nicely animated!), those things might not be a priority. -
bayleekrum267
commented
LOL yeah I've gotten kind of attached to Lumo as a mascot. The best AI for not only being private but having the best logo of a cat instead of a generic star/diamond!
-
Raphael E.
commented
Needs more votes.
-
rattledox
commented
And when petted, the mobile app vibrates (purrs)... =^.^=