Add "Default digital assistant app" capability on Android
Android has the option to change your default assistant app. Proton should add this capability for Lumo. A partial screen view of the app might be necessary for this to work smoothly as well.
-
Dani
commented
It would really be amazing if this were implemented. Android users need this to protect their privacy.
As for iOS, it’s simply impossible right now because, as always with Apple, they’re trying to maintain a monopoly, but the EU will force them to offer third-party options sooner or later. Proton can start with Android and implement it on iOS in the future.
-
Thijs
commented
Please implement Android VoiceInteractionService to allow adding Lumo as the default Digital Assistant.
-
Proton Nutzer
commented
Can we have that for iPhone too please?
I know we can't currently, but you should develop that feature with iPhone in mind too,
cuz i think sooner or later Apple will open that up as well. -
Datatan
commented
This would be the make or break feature for me to use Lumo!
-
Javier
commented
This would make wonders for using the service. Much like adding voice recognition on the web
-
Lloyd
commented
Please, whomever works on the app side of proton or lumo, a default android AI assistant that respects privacy and is encrypted is a must for me. I would even pay (an affordable price) for the service, granted that it supports open source AI, as well as intended to be end-2-end encrypted and a general respect for user privacy (which ghost mode, seems to do). Please, how can I support this to happen? Because I hope this gets integrated and developed into it the mobile app space, and I believe it would be a game changer for a lot of people who use AI, as well as those in the mobile app user experience. Thank you.