Native Excel (.xlsx) editing and export support
I'd love to see Lumo able to work directly with Excel files — not just reading them, but actually editing them and returning the result as a downloadable .xlsx file.
My typical use case: I upload a spreadsheet and want Lumo to clean up data, recalculate columns, merge sheets, apply formulas, or reformat cells. Right now, the best I can get back is a markdown table or CSV text that I have to manually copy back into Excel — which is tedious and loses formatting, multiple sheets, and formulas.
It would be a huge productivity boost if Lumo could:
Read and analyze .xlsx files (including multiple sheets and formulas)
Apply requested changes (editing, filtering, calculations, restructuring)
Return the modified file as a proper .xlsx download — preserving original formatting where possible
Since privacy is Proton's core promise, this would also be a great differentiator: processing sensitive spreadsheets locally in an encrypted environment instead of uploading them to Big Tech AI tools that train on user data.
-
Nick R commented
This would be perfect to have for all of my projects that I'm working on. Proton, Please add this!
-
Aaron
commented
I use Excel daily and have resorted to using other AI platforms because they can import/export excel files. I use AI to cleanup, create, edit, run python prompts and several other things all within excel.