Skip to content

General Ideas

1000 results found

  1. Feature Request: Quick Language Toggle Button in Proton Docs Toolbar

    Hello Proton Team,

    I love using Proton Docs for its privacy and security, but I’ve encountered a workflow friction point when writing in mixed languages (specifically Danish and English).

    The Issue: Currently, changing the spell-check/autocorrect language requires navigating deep into the global account settings (Settings → All settings → Language and time). For users who frequently switch between languages within the same session or document, this is disruptive and breaks the writing flow.

    The Request: Could you please add a quick-access language toggle button directly to the Proton Docs formatting toolbar?

    Proposed Functionality:

    A small dropdown or icon in the
    …
    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 classes of passwords, one with master password one without masterpassword

    2 (or more) classes of passwords. One set requiring Master password one set NOT requiring Master Password.
    local logins to IOT devices locked down to local network don't need high security. OR even 2 or more groups with different Master passwords

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make Proton Docs searchable

    Add the function to search inside proton docs.

    16 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Address Aliases

    First of all, I love the email aliases future, because I'd rather not put my email on every single site I have to sign up for, and it's always as easy as removing the email if I don't want to receive emails from them anymore.

    However, a very big issue I have all the time is certain sites that want you to enter your street address. This is especially annoying for sites you don't trust but that you have to sign up for and create an account if you want to make any digital purchase.
    This idea came to my…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need support for passkeys on multiple accounts at the same site

    Background:

    • I have a personal Microsoft account
    • I have a work Microsoft account
    • My work Microsoft account is a guest user in another tenant

    Passkeys have been activated on the tenant of my work account, but I am not able to add one using Proton Pass.

    Expected behaviour: I work through the set up passkey remedies, Proton Pass detects that I have multiple logins saved for https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and lets me select the login I want to attach to the passkey.

    Actual behaviour: When I try to set up a passkey for my work account, Proton Pass has preselected my Microsoft…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add "Move existing conversation to a Project" feature

    Background

    Projects were introduced with Lumo 1.3 to centralize conversations, files, and instructions around a specific topic. It's a great feature for maintaining context and working in an organized way.

    However, there is currently no way to move an existing conversation into a Project. This limitation makes Projects useless for any work started before they existed, and forces users to lose the historical context of their exchanges.

    Why this is critical

    1. Context loss: A Project should gather all discussions related to a topic. Without being able to migrate older conversations, the Project remains incomplete and Lumo cannot access the…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support for Void Linux. Especially for Proton Authenticater. I love the Authenticator. Please expand services to support Void Linux.

    Nothing else to add, other than to say, I will beg if there's any chance it would help...

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Privacy-conscious age verification application with double anonymity (and ideally on-device, zero-knowledge, and open source)

    Governments around the world, especially in Europe, are currently enforcing age verification for social media and other online platforms, in the name of protecting minors. The idea is commendable, but the way it is being done requires users to provide identification to a “trusted” third party and, above all, to link their real identity to their online identity, which completely undermines privacy. We have witnessed enough leaks lately to know that this data will eventually leak if it is stored.

    Proton could develop an age verification (or more generally, identity verification) application that could be used on social networks (or…

    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Feature Request: Ability to Rearrange or Drag Custom Fields in Proton Pass Items

    Dear Proton Pass Support Team,

    I hope you are doing well.

    I am requesting the addition of a feature to rearrange custom fields within items in Proton Pass. Currently, there is no option to drag and drop or reorder custom fields (such as Text, Hidden, Date, or 2FA secret fields) after they have been added to an item. New fields are appended at the bottom, and the only workaround is to delete and re-add them in the desired order, which is time-consuming and inefficient, especially for items with multiple custom fields.

    This limitation affects the usability of custom items and…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Burner Credit/Debit Cards

    Add burner/single use card numbers. Similar to how Privacy has cards that can be one-time use or locked to only one vendor/company.

    620 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Aufgabenplanung

    eine einfache Aufgabenplanung, bzw. -verwaltung wäre super

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Up/Down-vote Community comments

    I miss a way to interact with comments here on Protons uservoice community.
    Sometimes i would like to upvote or show my support to a user-comment on the different ideas. A simple feature like upvote/downvote, to interact would be nice, and i imagine it would give developers more substance to work with as well.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let users choose which emails trigger notifications (by sender, recipient/alias , label, or folder)

    User story:

    As a Proton Mail user, I want to CONTROL WHICH EMAILS TRIGGER PUSH NOTIFICATIONS so that I’m only alerted about messages that require my immediate attention.

    I want to enable notifications only for certain senders, recipients/aliases, labels, or folders, so I don’t get distracted by unimportant emails.

    I also want the option to REVERSE this logic—receiving notifications only for emails that aren’t labelled or sorted, such as personal or unexpected messages.

    Ultimately, a filter system for notifications, giving users the same flexibility they already have for organising their inboxes.

    This would make notifications more relevant, REDUCE NOISE, and…

    15 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow aliases to be used on reply to and forward mails

    I recently received a reply to a message I sent using an alias address. When I tried to reply to and forward that message, I could not do so using the alias address. I could only use my primary or secondary address. Neither of which I want the recipients to see. I want them to see the alias address only. You need to add this feature because the current alias address feature is only half useful the way it is.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. how to make lumo like awise human

    Subject: Proposal: Triple-Loop Architecture for Next-Gen LLMs – Solving Alignment via Meta-Cognition

    Dear Research and Engineering Team,

    I am writing to propose a new architectural paradigm for Large Language Models (LLMs) inspired by neuro-mechanical theories of human cognition (specifically the distinction between Short-Term and Long-Term memory loops).

    Current LLMs function primarily as massive Long-Term Memory systems (statistical pattern matching). While effective, they lack a mechanism for inhibition, strategic oversight, and ethical governance. This proposal suggests a Triple-Loop Architecture that introduces a "Meta-Cognitive" layer to solve the alignment problem at the architectural level.
    The Core Concept: Triple-Loop Architecture

    Instead of a…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With the features I have discovered, managing long email correspondence chain histories is extremely difficult. Can it be improved?

    I have what are now multiple email chains dating back more than a year. These include broken series of replies to a single thread. With extremely sensitive and high risk issues it is crucial to maintain and be able to reconstruct chronologies of what was stated or claimed and by whom, when and in what order. As it is I have found very few features to keep track of email histories. Obviously Proton mail do not want to accept liability for features said to provide additional security beyond what can reasonably be offered but the software could simply add better…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delete an email forever before show on my account.

    Could Proton Mail add a feature that permanently blocks emails from specific senders FOREVER?

    Some abusive companies keep sending unwanted emails forever. Even after marking them as spam repeatedly, their messages continue to show up. I don't want those emails in my account at all—not in my Inbox, Spam, or Trash.

    It would be great to have an option to permanently reject emails from selected senders, deleting them automatically before they ever reach the mailbox.

    Is this something you could consider adding?

    Thank you!

    Rafael

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement Lumo Sidebar in Docs/Sheets (On-Demand Local Decryption) & Launch Proton Slides

    Feature Request:
    Integrate Proton Lumo as an active sidebar inside Proton Docs and Sheets using the same secure architecture already utilized for Lumo document uploads. Additionally, expand the workspace ecosystem by launching "Proton Slides" with the same integrated AI capabilities.

    How the Lumo Integration Should Work (Maintaining E2EE):

    Zero-Knowledge Architecture: The AI does not read the document in real-time. Instead, the document remains locally decrypted inside the user's browser/app session.

    On-Demand Processing: Only when the user explicitly triggers an action in the Lumo sidebar (e.g., clicking "Analyze this document" or "Generate summary"), the locally decrypted text is sent via the…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. free version vpn proton with choosing

    I would like to choose one of the seven countries sever (if we want) from the beginning not just auto choosing

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Proton Pay💳

    [•Proton Pay•]

    A Digital Bank,
    Like Revolut, Wise, Bunq etc.

    🫸🏼🩷🫷🏼

    330 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 … 8 10 12 … 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?