General Ideas
1000 results found
-
Proton Keyboard Inspired By Swiftkey
I’ve been thinking that a Proton keyboard would be a total game-changer. Imagine something with the sleek design and smart suggestions of SwiftKey, but built by a team that actually respects privacy. It would be great if the app allowed us to toggle data storage for word predictions on or off, so we get the convenience of a smart keyboard without feeling like our every keystroke is being tracked.
5 votes -
A small picklist of favorites of email recipients at the top - just tap to pick a regular recipient.
Especially on a phone, rather than trying to type in an address until it differentiates from recent, have a user configurable number of favorites (including zero, which prevents the favorite section from showing up) to choose from. Additionally, allow a user defined grouping: eg selecting my "hikers" favorite autofills the To, Cc, and Bcc fields with predefined recipients.
3 votes -
Which is better: Rocket.Chat or MirrorFly, and why?
I'm comparing Rocket.Chat and MirrorFly for an enterprise communication solution. I would like to understand the key differences in features, customization, scalability, integrations, and overall developer experience. Has anyone used both platforms and can share their experience?
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Proton VPS
I need a VPS I can trust. When will Proton VPS be available?
2 votes -
Proton RCS Phone Carrier Messaging Service
RCS is an "upgrade" to SMS/MMS messaging with read receipts, typing indicators, the ability to send larger files, and encryption. Proton can implement end-to-end encryption for this service, similar to many others. No other company could pull off a service like this like Proton could.
I'd also love to see a feature that allows users to sync their messages to their desktop, similar to Google Messages.
21 votes -
Distribute applications through package managers
I would like to keep the Proton Drive CLI and Proton Mail Linux desktop applications up-to-date and manage them using either my operating system package manager, apt, or a third-party package manager like Homebrew.
As of right now, I need to manually visit https://proton.me/download/drive/cli/index.html, click the download link for my architecture, manually validate the checksum, and then delete the existing installation and install the new version. There's a lot of friction in that upgrade process. Even if I write a script to try to automate most of it, it would be fairly brittle. Something as simple as
brew upgrade…1 vote -
Cape mobile carrier
"Cape is a mobile carrier designed with privacy and security as major considerations". They "partner with proton to provide their subscribers with Proton unlimited". Do you think that in the feature Proton will also partner with them to provide Proton subscribers access to their network?
1 vote -
Organize Sheets order
There is no "saving" when you organize the sheets order on one workbook. I would like the ability to reorganize how I see fit.
2 votes -
14 votes
-
2 votes
-
Lumo - Add Brave Browser feature - When you put query in URL
Open Brave Browser: Launch the Brave browser on your computer.
Access Settings:
⦁ Click the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner.
⦁ Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
⦁ Navigate to Search Engine Settings:
⦁ In the Settings menu, click on the Search engine tab on the left panel.
⦁ Locate the Search engine used in the address bar dropdown.
Add Lumo:
⦁ Lumo is not listed, proceed to add it manually.
⦁ Add Lumo as a Custom Search Engine:
⦁ Click on Manage search engines and site search in the Search engine settings.
⦁ Under the…24 votes -
Lumo - Import chat history
I would like to import my chat history from chatgpt to use lumo as my daily chat assistant.
23 votes -
Add Self Hosted Video Conferencing Support to Proton
It would be useful to have a self hosted video conferencing option that gives Proton users more control over their meetings and data. This could be helpful for teams and organizations that prefer to host video calls on their own servers instead of relying entirely on third party platforms.
Solutions such as MirrorFly provide self hosted video calling capabilities that could be considered for this type of integration. Some useful features could include:
Self hosted deployment
Secure video and audio calls
Group video meetings
Screen sharing
Chat during meetings
User and access management
Custom branding and configuration
Support for web…1 vote -
Intranet site for your business, individual or team
In google workspace I used to use SITES to create my own intranet with really valuable infos for my day a day, direct access to some of my sheets, docs, pdfs, showed the calendar, access to email, pages with youtube videos to watch, etc.... would be great to have something like this in PROTON. Could be for individual use or for business use.
I had it set not public so I could only access to it or people with the link, but I also had public sites published.
2 votes -
Desktop Manjaro/Arch Linux Proton apps
Hi,
I'd like to recommend to build a secure apps for Manjaro/Arch. Manjaro/Arch has growing network of users. Please consider this request.
Thanks in advance.
M
40 votes -
Offer Onion Routing in the Apps
Proton needs to add a feature to route its services directly to its onion service in the apps (mobile/desktop). This isn’t a new feature by any metric and it’s actually quite underrated among other privacy oriented apps.
It shouldn’t have to be explained, but Tor itself is a superior circumvention tool to online censorship worldwide. Proton already offers its own onion services on web for people who NEED it. The only caveat is this purpose is strictly limited to the browser and not where it could be an option within the apps to route directly to an onion site for…
2 votes -
Add a Regional Digital Services & Resource Hub to Proton Docs
Proton already offers excellent documentation, but it could be even more useful by providing a community-maintained section with links to trusted regional digital services and official resources.
Many users rely on Proton Mail, Drive, or VPN while accessing government portals, education platforms, and public services in different countries. A curated resource hub (or community wiki) could help users discover reliable information without needing to search across multiple websites.
For example, while helping users in Morocco, I found that guides such as https://massarservicema.net/ make it easier to understand the Massar Service portal and common account-related tasks. Similar community-recommended resources for other…
2 votes -
Lumo: Navigation to top of conversation is difficult on long responses. Please add a 'Jump to Top' button or sticky header.
In Lumo, Navigation to top of conversation is difficult on long responses. Please add a 'Jump to Top (= the last question to which Lumo is answering)' button or sticky header.
1 vote -
Scheduled Account-Wide Login Restrictions (All Proton Services)
My Idea
I'd like the ability to choose specific hours when my entire Proton Account cannot accept new logins—across all services (Mail, Pass, VPN, Drive, Calendar, Wallet, Authenticator, Meet, Lumo).
Example:
Set account to close from 8 PM to 7 AM daily
No one can log into any Proton service during this window
Automatically reopens at 7 AM
Why This MattersWhen I'm sleeping, I don't want to worry about someone accessing my Proton services if credentials are compromised or there's physical device access. An account-wide restriction would add a temporal security layer beyond password and 2FA.
Key Requirements
Account-wide…
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?