General Ideas
1000 results found
-
A videocall app comparable to MS Teams
No email ecosystem can nowadays exist without a videocall app.
Having to rely to external apps means setting up a calendar, copying the url etc.It would be easier to have a Proton videocall app.
236 votes -
A storage management dashboard
Hi,
A storage management dashboard, with details of what's taking what and the file types, a bit like Treesize, can be very useful.(https://www.jam-software.com/treesize)
A a good day !
18 votes -
Proton fitness
Convenient, confidential and anonymous. You can use them as workout plans created specifically for your body, calorie counting and much more and also adapted for Proton maps
15 votes -
All in one desktop app
I wish instead of having 5 different services all on different platforms, all being separate entities, I wish all of the Proton Services were on one menu and one program I can download. Having to open 3 tabs for Mail, Calendar, Drive, then open an Extension or another Tab for Pass, and then a separate program for the VPN is EXTREMELY F**CKING FRUSTRATING! It's so hard to navigate.
If all of this was on one program you can download to manage all of this - Life would be miles better.
277 votes -
What Makes an HRMS Partner Worth Trusting?
Choosing an HR solution is about more than features alone. Long-term support, regular updates, and understanding business requirements often matter just as much. At ASC Hrms, we believe every organization has different expectations from an HR technology partner. When selecting an hrms software company, what gives you the most confidence? Do you value responsive customer support, an easy-to-use interface, product reliability, or continuous improvements? It would be great to hear what qualities have made the biggest difference in your experience.
2 votes -
Location sharing with family
Given Life360 shares our information and no one trusts Google, it would be great to have location sharing with family and friends. It would open up Proton products to new users when we try to share with them.
1 vote -
Please add a feature that automatically switches VPN servers based on which app is currently open.
Feature Request: App-Triggered Auto-Connect to Specific Profiles/Servers
Hi Proton Team,
I would like to suggest a feature that would greatly improve automation and user experience on mobile (especially Android).
Feature Concept:
Ability to bind specific installed applications to different VPN Profiles or Server Locations automatically when opened.
How it should work:
App Association: Allow users to assign a specific Profile (e.g., US Server for YouTube) and another Profile (e.g., Netherlands Server for Browser) to individual apps.
Auto-Switching: When the user launches App A, Proton VPN automatically switches the connection to Server A. When the user exits App A and opens…1 vote -
iPhone Duo Optimization
Just a friendly heads up to optimize apps for iPhone duo’s aspect ratios and maximize form factor. Made the switch to proton and would love to continue to see a feature rich and native experience with this new form factor. Keep up the awesome work! :)
1 vote -
Oxford English Literature
https://oxfordsummerprogram.com/en/english-literature
The English Literature summer course is designed to inspire, challenge, and prepare the next generation of literary minds. Whether you dream of becoming a novelist, critic, poet, or academic, you will find the tools to find your unique voice and cultivate the creative and research skills that top universities seek.2 votes -
Share custom Lumos with other proton users
Allow other proton users to access custom Lumos built by other proton users. This would allow custom Lumos with specialized information inside their 'knowledge bases' to assist others who don't have access to hyper specialized or data or knowledge.
2 votes -
Keyboard shortcuts in Proton Sheets
Hello, Proton Team,
I know the keyboard shortcuts is a thing that Proton Docs already has, I believe this would be a great idea to have in Proton Sheets too, simply because it rises user's productivity, or says working speed.
And... if possible, I personally prefer Microsoft Excel's design. But maybe there are some more people prefer other services' design. I'm not sure. Maybe this could be discussing more or held a poll ? Anyway, even if don't take any reference from the existed app, it will be fine still, as long as the shortcut design is user-friendly.
Sincerely,
sia6 votes -
Partition data access within services via unique secondary cryptographic keying and passwords
One of the things that keep me up at night as the broad exposure given to my data anywhere I am signed in on my proton account. Here's some threat examples:
- Suppose I am signed in to my email on my phone, should my phone or that email app ever become compromised, literally every email and the ability to send and receive future emails to/from all addresses (should the compromise remain undetected) belongs to whoever compromised it
- Suppose I wish to store extremely sensitive passwords alongside less sensitive ones, one proton pass login allows access to all of it
- Same…
3 votes -
Introduce Proton Backup (BorgBackup) Service
Currently there aren't good alternatives to the built-in backup services on Android, etc. A Proton Backup service based on BorgBackup (basically just needs hosting of the existing open-source server) would fill this market hole while offering a deduplicated and ideally even ransomware-resistant service representing strong advantages over competing offers.
1 vote -
Proton Spreadsheets: Enhanced Printing Options
Thank you for Proton Spreadsheets. It would be most helpful to be able to "set print area." Currently, only the portion of a spreadsheet that is visible on the screen is printable. Thank you as you work to make Proton Workspace an attractive and viable option for the growing community of privacy-minded professionals today.
1 vote -
Passkey Log-in to Proton Services
It should be possible to log-in to Proton services using passkeys. (I don't mean the ability to save passkeys of other services to Proton Wallet)
1 vote -
Recording App
I would like to have a Recording App like Sprachmemos from Apple.
1 vote -
list of deleted aliases
I created an alias using SimpleLogin domain, used it for a while then deleted it.
This was more than 30 days.Several months later I gave out that address to a shop because I did not remember I had ever used and deleted it.
The shop said they sent emails to me which of course I never received because that address is permanently deleted.
SimpleLogin blocks emails to an alias address we have deleted:
that means they must have a list of addresses we have deleted.Why can we not see that list so we will not hand out those…
1 vote -
Provide a checksum option to verify data is backed up as expected
It would be great if we could calculate a SHA512 checksum for files or folders we want to make sure have been backed up with absolutely no corruption. Make the feature on-demand, and not for every file anyone uploads to prevent unnecessary workload.
22 votes -
Add Modern Fonts (e.g., Inter) for Improved Readability and Writing Experience
Hello,
I would like to suggest adding more modern font options in Proton Mail, such as Inter or system UI fonts. These fonts improve readability and provide a cleaner, more professional look compared to traditional options like Arial or Verdana.
I understand this may not be a priority, but it would be a really nice enhancement to the overall writing experience if implemented.
Thank you for your work and consideration.
3 votes -
Quiz visual interface in Lumo AI
ChatGPT recently introduced a very convenient quiz visual interface. Students may use it to prepare for exams (study material through the chat, then ask to be quizzed as a prep. method).
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?