General Ideas
1000 results found
-
Altcoins in Proton Wallet
Currently Proton Wallet only supports Bitcoin. Many users hold other crypto currencies, and would benefit from Wallet supporting the main cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, Dogecoin, Solana, etc.)
1 vote -
Markdown notes app
Markdown app request
A secure, private markdown notes app would:
* Open new revenue opportunities
* Extend Proton’s privacy ecosystem
* Expand customer's digital workflows
* Leverage existing encryption technology
* Clearly meet user demand (well, at least mine)
* Reinforce the promise of “privacy by design.”I am using Obsidian and really like it, yet unencrypted notes on my devices is a significant concern.
11 votes -
The video on https://proton.me/blog/proton-mission-video is restricted, I can't see it.
The video on https://proton.me/blog/proton-mission-video is restricted, I can't see it. Nu sure where to post this, I have no accounts on any of the suggested socials (I'm sure you can appreciate that ;))
1 vote -
Inbox Default Sort Order
Hi! I like my email inbox to appear with the oldest message at the top and the newest message at the bottom. I can select this behavior manually, but as soon as I open another folder and navigate back to the inbox, the default of "newest first" has been re-applied, and I need to manually switch it back to "oldest first" again. This gets old very quickly, and I wish there were a way to set a persistent default sort order for the inbox so that I would not keep needing to do it manually every time I navigate there.…
1 vote -
Export of document files in mass on proton drive
Provide the possibility to bulk export the files of type docs on proton drive, to allow users to more easily export their data such as for example to make backups.
8 votes -
Ordner verschieben in Protonmail
Warum ist es im Zeitalter der KI immer noch nicht möglich im Interface von Protonmail die Ordner in der Position zu verschieben. Dies muss man immer noch sehr umständlich über die Einstellungen machen. Die KI kann dies in 15 Sekunden programmieren.
1 vote -
Sent Email count by sender
I'm doing this now, manually, or at least trying to. Every time I send an email to my fiancee, I will, at the bottom, post the date sent and number of emails currently for that day. This way if any emails do not make it to her, she can see that something wasn't received. What this might look like:
Sunday August 2, 2026 3 Emails
Tuesday August 4, 2026 1 Email
Wednesday Aug 5, 2026 1 Email
Thursday August 6, 2026, 1 Email
Saturday August 8, 2026 4 Emails
Tuesday August 11, 2026 2 Emails
Monday, August 17, 2026 1…1 vote -
browser as a service
Offer an online browser that user can start and will be destroy after use can be a nice privacy feature, specifically for not tech-savvy users that aren't able to follow vulnerabilities induced in browser and/or plugins.
27 votes -
Talk to Mullvad, you're a match. They have the programming encryption for Great VPN Usage. You have the business size & workers &recognition
Combine businesses, Mullvad has the greatest encryption & safe guards and data laws. People can still see me on your VPN. Mullvad is an extremely fruitful endeavor if you combine, learn from or find out how they do things.
Proton is a bigger company and has more recognition, Mullvad has everything else, plus you guys hasve a cloud.
Talk to Mullvad, please.
1 vote -
The total revamping of onboarding guidance
Proton currently fails to guide you as a new user. I've introduced some people into my Visionary plan recently and realized that there's very little comprehensive guidance of switching into the ecosystem. This should be a defined workflow from Proton if they want to market themselves as an ecosystem.
Here's how you import, sort your emails and set up filters.
Here's how you import passwords, set up aliases, 2FA and migrate to Proton, while keeping backups so you don't lose data.
Here's how you can switch to Proton Drive, set things up and here are our suggested workflows.
This should…3 votes -
And I.D.E. (Independent Developing Enviroment)
Why not make an IDE. Proton is all about privacy so why not make one. You can easily integrate Lumo into the work space as a chat bot for building app structures, code, etc. You can integrate git repositories that have E2EE encryption as a part of privacy and have the ability to import files from proton drive or save files to the drive
2 votes -
A simple zero knowledge peer-to-peer file transfer service
I believe this technology already exists. My understanding of it might be incorrect or limited as I'm not a developer myself.
Essentially, when using WebRTC, the transferred data does not need to be saved on a server, but there has to be a relay server to connect the two computers. That means the users themselves carry the cost of storage and data transfer. Copyright infringement or other illegal material would not be an issue either as the service provider is comparable to a phoneline operator.
Commercial comparables include ToffeeShare (EU) & partially Wormhole (United States). Wormhole saves files smaller than…
2 votes -
Plain Text Editor
Support/create a true plain text editor. Opening text/txt files from Proton Drive would open a true plain text editor instead of the Docs rich-text editor. A true plain text editor would provide a lean, efficient tool for all text-only content. I migrated from Apple to Proton because Apple Notes does not support plain text..it is glitchy with slow, bloated rich-text features (same issue with Microsoft SharePoint). A Proton text-only editor would be lean, fast, efficient...it would standout in the marketplace as the only ecosystem with a text-only editor.
4 votes -
Zero Reliance on Web/Browser Interface
Please have full versioned, fully functional (including anything you can do in the online version including settings, mailbox rules, etc: full parity) locally installable programs for all products or that includes multiple products (Mail app that has Drive, Meet and Calendar and a pass/auth/wallet maybe) that is completely usable when offline and will resume any queued emails in outbox or shared files or updated events, etc. once internet service resumes. Not everyone has persistent internet due to things like geographical location or security protocols. Additionally, should be able to configure Drive to be utilised in the programs of choice like…
3 votes -
Add a function in the settings to automatically add "Request Read Receipt" to email
It would improve convenience to not click "request read receipt" every time you write an email. A function that does that for you automatically would be great.
4 votes -
Please give Android apps access to Proton Drive.
As the title says, the apps on Mt Android phone can't access files on Proton Drive. I store ebooks files, sound files, etc that I want to access with their respective apps, but there's no way to do so.
4 votes -
Configure spellchecker language in desktop app
In a browser, Proton Mail benefits from the browser functions to spell check. In the new Proton Mail installed application, the language cannot be configured or I do not know how to do it...
It would be very useful to be able to configure the spell checker language for people that are writing in a language that is different than the OS language used.
Thank You
98 votes -
Create a built in feeback button in all services.
Please create a built in feedback button in all services (app and webpage). It should be easy to be a customer and to provide feedback.
5 votes -
financial data in spreadsheet
In Proton spreadsheet a function like =FINANCE(NASDAQ:AMZN)
As in Google Sheets =GOOGLEFINANCE(NASDAQ:AMZN)
3 votes -
Integration support for funny emoji stickers for imessage in mobile app
It would be a great feature if Proton Mail for iOS supported a dedicated picker for funny emoji stickers for imessage. Adding more visual flair to secure emails would improve the user experience significantly. I’ve been working on a collection of these assets which you can see here for reference: http://funnystickersforimessage.com/
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?