General Ideas
999 results found
-
Mistral AI Connector
Create a Connector for privacy-focused LLM provider Mistral AI, e.g. for Mail or Calendar connector, similar to existing connectors to other mail and calendar providers. This would allow users to interact with Proton via Mistral and further improve the existing features.
7 votes -
Add Anti-Bot Measures to these Suggestions
Bots seem to post here quite frequently, because they want to advertise links to random sites, but links are not necessary for the functionality of these comments, so I would suggest disabling links in comments, or only allow links to the proton.me hostname. Also, you could put a few honeypot fields into the registration form, as well as put a Web Application Firewall in front of the registration form, with a captcha. Both CloudFront and CloudFlare offer this functionality. Stopforumspam.com also offers an api that can be used to query for the reputation of ip addresses, emails, and usernames before…
5 votes -
Proton Cleaner
Proton Cleaner deletes Browser data, ... (like CCleaner or Incogni)
12 votes -
Firefox-first Proton Scribe Browser Extension
I currently use LanguageTool, although not only did they recently switch to reCAPTCHA, they've been using Doubleclick for longer than I can remember.
As such, I'd appreciate it if there were a Proton Scribe browser extension, especially because I've been planning on upgrading to Proton Unlimited, and it would seem more worth-it if there were a writing system bundled in.
I suggest making it Firefox-first to respect users who have gone out of their way to switch away from Chromium.7 votes -
What if you had Lumo doing something in the background of the base website
I was just thinking that Lumo is almost going to become your mascot and thought that is might look cool if you had Lumo jumping around and playng in the background of the website. She could be jumping around off of objects. She could be chasing a ball of yarn down the page to encourage people to scroll further down. I don't pretend to know how to do this which is why I bring it up.
3 votes -
Auto sort new Labels
Allow a setting to auto sort labels when I create a new label. Now I need to go into the settings to sort new labels.
5 votes -
Mark archived emails as Read with rule
I find it frustrating that I can't setup a filter or rule to make emails moved to Archived as Read.
5 votes -
Make Folders Smart - Don't move emails
Today all emails that are sorted into a folder don't show up in the mail Inbox. Which makes it super easy to miss incoming emails. Allow emails to be found both in a folder AND in the main inbox. More like how Smart Mailboxes work in Apple Mail.
And no, viewing emails in the All Mail folder is not an efficient alternative because also for example Archived emails are visible in All Mail.
5 votes -
Authenticator as a web application
I work in an environment that doesn’t allow application installs and doesn’t allow my personal device. I’d still like to be able to use 2FA so it would be nice to have Authenticator as a web application, no app to install. I could use Ente Auth for this but would trust Proton more.
10 votes -
Proton Rumble channel to mirror YouTube
Proton should create an official Rumble channel and upload its YouTube videos there as well.
Over the past several years, Rumble has established itself as a YouTube alternative that is solidly pro-freedom, anti-censorship, and NOT OWNED BY GOOGLE!
It might be necessary to be on YouTube to attract the most eyeballs, but many people who use platforms like Rumble to distance themselves from Big Tech are the same users who will resonate with Proton's privacy-conscious mission.
The amount of extra effort it takes to upload content to a 2nd platform is miniscule compared to the time and expense invested in…
5 votes -
General Link Tracking Protection
Hi team!
I know that removal of tracking IDs in emails is currently being worked on, and I think this is a great feature that I can't wait to see fully implemented, but I think proton can take it further and clean links outside of the proton ecosystem. There are a couple of apps that currently try to do this (Léon URL Cleaner, Link Sanitizer and, URLCheck) and they are all very immature implementations. As proton is already creating the mechanisms to complete this function from email, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to expand the capability to…
6 votes -
Proton Guardian: Anti-Spyware Solution for Deep-Level Security
Introducing Proton Guardian: Advanced Anti-Spyware for Deep Security
The idea of launching a dedicated anti-spyware tool under the Proton brand—let's call it Proton Guardian—could provide Proton users with a comprehensive security solution. This tool would scan systems for spyware, detect deep-level security vulnerabilities, and provide actionable solutions. With Proton's commitment to privacy, Proton Guardian could become a trusted choice for users looking to enhance their system's security against malware and spyware, building on Proton's reputation for privacy-focused services.
47 votes -
Please support Korean in your program.
Hello.
I live in South Korea.
I recently discovered that using Proton is very useful for protecting my personal information.
I'm requesting Korean support for programs that don't support Korean, not for the web.
Proton Mail/Proton Calendar support Korean, but other programs like VPN/DRIVE don't.
It's a difficult question, but I'd like to request Korean support.
Thank you.
PS) The English version was translated using Google Translate.
2 votes -
Create an Option to seperate email accounts from each other
In order to be able to focus on a certain email account, please make it possible to have the option to include/exclude one or several accounts. But keep the all accounts in one view as well.
3 votes -
MilaNote Alternative with Proton?
I've tried searching up options for a kind of "pin board" application like MilaNote, Thinker, AFFiNE, Obsidian, etc. for people who want to organize their writing/art ideas. However, it's hard to find any that are 100% desktop AND fulfill all the needs I have for such an application, which makes me worried about privacy issues (privacy issues being entire point of going full desktop/local).
MilaNote seemed the closest fit in terms of needs, but privacy concern was a deal breaker.
So if the only truly even mildly secure options available right now require internet connection to use anyhow, why not…
2 votes -
Make email and calendar tabs in Proton Mail
Not being able to read an email and create a calendar event at the same time is ridiculous.
having to switch the "app" withing the "app" to do so totally breaks the workflow of creating an appointment while reading an email.make this tabs like thunderbird does
2 votes -
Please update the Mac desktop app to allow multiple windows
I use ProtonMail's app on my Mac laptop everyday. However, I'm frustrated by the inability to see email and the calendar at the same time. I resort to logging in via a browser and accessing the calendar there instead. That's a pain, though. How about some way to look at both of these from the app at the same time?
3 votes -
Proton AG programming language
Proton AG's high-level, scripting-based, cross-platform, multi-paradigm, compiled, general-purpose, structured, imperative, procedural, object-oriented, functional, statically and strongly typed, generic, logic-based, and open-source programming language, with auditable transparency, would be one of the most important software options for Windows, Linux, and macOS for software engineers and developers to use in creating, developing, and enhancing websites, web applications, mobile applications, software, and much more, focusing on privacy and end-to-end encryption with zero access, as an alternative to Python, Java, and other languages.
The programming language is called ProtonScript or ProtonLang and is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among its features and characteristics,…
3 votes -
53 votes
-
Make a deal with Fairphone to become the default digital workspace provider for their /e/OS phones
Proton should make a deal with Fairphone to become the default digital workspace provider for their phones that run /e/OS. It would be a great way to promote the Proton app ecosystem, while also promoting Fairphone. Ensuring that your apps run well on /e/OS would mean that Proton provides support for most deGoogled versions of Android.
Having the Proton apps be the default digital workspace provider on the Fairphone 6 with /e/OS would get a lot of media coverage. You might even be able to convince Fairphone to provide a promotion in which Fairphone users get a discounted introductory rate…
13 votes
- Don't see your idea?