General Ideas
999 results found
-
Standard notes widget
It's the only thing stopping me from finally migrating from Google Keep... I need better visibility on important notes, not hidden in an app I might forget to look at or update
5 votes -
pravacy
Hello Proton Team,
Please consider improving the privacy and security control settings related to account login so that users can access their accounts more easily when needed. While we understand the importance of strong security measures, logging into Proton apps can sometimes be very difficult, especially in regions with slow internet connections or where your website is restricted. It would be very helpful if users could have more flexible control options to adjust security settings according to their needs. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Best regards2 votes -
Hide previous conversations in a conversation thread with "..." button
When I open a conversation in ProtonMail, I see the entire conversation history. This is very annoying when there is a new email in that thread with an attachment - I always have to scroll through the ENTIRE conversation down to the bottom where the attachments are visible in the UI. Please hide previous conversations by default and make them visible by clicking a "..." button just link in Gmail.
5 votes -
Default SMS app
Since Samsung is discontinuing it's Messenger+ app and recommending Google Messages, why not have a Proton SMS app replacing the default SMS
56 votes -
New Proton Shop Merch
Would love to support Proton and their mission more through the merch store (already have a paid plan so supporting that way as well). But it seems that the products that are out there are slowly selling out and nothing new is being added. I would love for more t-shirts, shirts, and hooded sweatshirts; stickers, cups/mugs, etc. I have been able to purchase a couple of things, but have been limited by the lack of restock - especially in plus sizes. Please consider adding more to the store and re-stocking what is out there.
6 votes -
Background sync
Multiple Proton applications stand to improve my introducing background sync in more places.
Proton Calendar feels sluggish, often taking several seconds to create or update simple events. We welcome a local cache of calendar data, that periodically syncs with the cloud in the background. That way, the interface will feel much more fast and responsive.
Likewise, Proton Drive mobile apps have an artificial, obnoxious need to remain foregrounded during file transfers. Let's conduct transfers as background processes. This synchronous foregrounding aspect is cumbersome, particularly where large files ir many small files are involved. By contrast, the Proton Drive desktop applications…
9 votes -
Pop3 mail fetching via Proton's web interface
I would really like the ability to pop3 fetching email from other mailservers via Proton's web interface... that way I could use Proton as my primary mail service... trying to opt out of Gmail.
2 votes -
Proton Chess
A classic board game on Proton.
3 votes -
Easy to find, site-map
Dear Proton Team,
I hope this email finds you well. I'm a 63-year-old user trying to understand what's included in my current subscription plan, but I've found the account dashboard quite difficult to navigate.
After spending several minutes clicking through various links, I eventually found a "compare plans" option, but it only directed me to a list of apps at https://account.proton.me/apps.
I was particularly looking for information about the Documents feature in Proton Drive — I don't see it listed in the apps, and I'm wondering if it has been discontinued or removed from my plan. If it's not…
3 votes -
Proton Text to speech engine
How about a proton text to speech engine? There is a private one named Sherpa text to speech engine. Check here: https://github.com/k2-fsa/sherpa. The google/samsung ones are privacy nightmares. Lumo and other proton apps would have the ability to integrate with it.
6 votes -
mails safe on hd ore sd at pc (same as outlook)
What is missing from every email provider but why Outlook (old) is so strong, you can save emails on your PC so that they are never lost even if you change PC and email provider, and you don't need maximum storage.
2 votes -
Add a way to connect to a Proton account that will allow limited access
It could be useful to be able to connect into a Proton account from an untrusted device, without compromising our main password. For exemple when we visit a country that has a high chance to hack our device.
This could be a new password used for that purpose. To be secured, when we connect with that password, we shouldn't be able to edit the account settings. There could be restrictions on action that can be performed like we can't delete files in proton drive or we can't see the password of some service in Proton Pass. The best would be…
2 votes -
Encryption keys
Would it be possible to implement a function for re-encryption with a new key, both for email keys and the account key?
Also, one more thing – it would be great to have the option to reinitialize Proton Drive or Lumo AI directly from the settings. Currently, changing keys requires contacting support, which could be avoided with this feature.
9 votes -
Simple Login: Support DMARC reports
Currently SimpleLogin supports DMARC for user contolled domains, although does not provide the integrated possiblity to monitor dmarc for anomalies.
As such it would be a great addition to include the functionality to send dmarc reports (via the
rua/ruftag) to a simplelogin controlled email.
This would allow users to monitor for possible misconfigurations, and if emails might be abused, by third parties if there are DKIM/SPF failures.
It would be nice, if human readable reports can be generated out of this and if they were optionally send on a regular basis (e.g. once a month) to the…4 votes -
proton vpn
Hello Proton Group, I downloaded and installed Proton VPN, but after several hours and two days, I was unable to log in to my account. What is the reason for this and the strictness of the desktop version? Like the others, can you provide an easy installation and login, or, like Psiphon, a very lightweight version that does not require installation? I completely deleted it and installed Hotspot Shield. I also had a login problem with my Proton Mail. I can’t describe how much pain it caused me. I couldn’t log into my mailbox, and it showed an error every…
2 votes -
Proton Boost
Could we have a Proton plan that is in-between Mail Plus and Proton Unlimited? We could call it Proton Boost. It would cost $5.99 (or if needed I suppose $6.99).
It would include features of:
+ 1 user
+ 1 custom email domain
+ 10 email aliases/addresses
+ 300 GB of storage
+ Feature access to 15 calendars
+ Feature access to 10 high-speed VPN connections
+ Feature access to Proton Drive (300 GB)
+ Proton Sentinel programStudying as a student, a plan like thus would be helpful to maintain the privacy needed but also help with the affordability!…
5 votes -
Sign in with Proton/SSO
Email aliases are just hard to use in that you need to open Proton Pass (not Proton Mail!?) app to create one, then go back to the website that timed out, log in and then remember to save your password.
Sign in with Proton could have an easier way to sign in with passkeys and just be more convenient with the option to share only an alias
For a proof of concept sign in screen: Proton Drive https://drive.proton.me/urls/RP90G3XFZC#zuQBZlNJyUTv
7 votes -
Multi-select/delete
Please add a feature to select and delete multiple filters, folders, and labels. I just had to manually delete over a hundred of them.
7 votes -
Add Support for Storing and Using Digital Certificates in Proton Pass
Currently, Proton Pass allows storing credentials, notes, and files, but does not provide a way to store and use digital certificates for authentication or signing.
I propose adding a feature that enables users to securely store their digital certificates in Proton Pass and use them directly without installing them on the operating system or browser.
This would be extremely useful when working on shared or untrusted devices, where installing certificates locally is not safe or practical. It would also improve security and portability for users who rely on certificates for identity verification or encrypted communications.
9 votes -
Auto-lock for all apps and platforms
I would appreciate it if all Proton apps had the auto-lock feature on all platforms.
And please include following options for the timeout:
- Custom timeout value
- Lock on system lock
- Lock when browser closed
So it would be great if we could set the Auto-lock timeout in all Proton applications on all platforms to a custom value.
Also the option to lock the app only whenever I lock the device or close the browser would be a great feature.
214 votes
- Don't see your idea?