Skip to content

General Ideas

998 results found

  1. Pin favourite Authenticator codes

    It’s be great if I could pin my favourite Authenticator codes to the top of the app (maybe just the icon, then I could tap to show the code). Assuming more sort options come along, having this feature would be beneficial to always have these frequent ones easily available.

    6 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Lumo Saved Prompts

    Also a prompt pinning button so I can use my "brevity" and "cooking" together if I want.

    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Proton Docs - Add word and character counter

    It would be great for Proton Docs to have a world and character counter. I have to stay within certain limits for both and I'm sure many people do too.

    Please, add a counter that:
    - is persistent on screen to the side or is there just for a while (toggle, but remember toggle for the account, unlike Google Docs)
    - displays words
    - displays characters
    - displays characters without spaces
    - does 3 of the above for selected block

    Maybe some someone else has also so ideas.

    81 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BULK Import Export Everything Feature Request

    << Visionary Member Here >> BULK IMPORT EXPORT FEATURE REQUEST: select a sidebar
    menu item called IMPORT/EXPORT > next UI: 2 columns of checkboxes listing everything from Calendar Events to Contacts to Sieve Filters (Rules) to Folders to Labels and most importantly -- the JSON metadata files of the email messages ( I don't need the actual eml file but I need the JSON METADATA so that I can create intelligent sieves to automate all of my messages) with a simple IMPORT or EXPORT button at the bottom of the UI. THANK YOU.

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. spotify like music app

    since Spotify is now blocking VPN connections sometimes. maybe proton could step up and add a music app for 5 bucks a month...

    10 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for Drive, Pass, and wherever applicable

    RBAC would be useful for personal accounts (i.e. families) but particularly for businesses in which role assignments are standard management and security practice. I'm not sure what the most user-friendly way is to handle the CRUDing of roles or similar operations, however, I think it should be possible to smoothly integrate this in the current experience.

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add filter action to send UnifiedPush notifications

    Add a filter action which would allow you to send a UnifiedPush notification when the filter criteria have been met. UnifiedPush is a decentralized push notification system that lets you choose the service you want to use. It’s designed to be privacy-friendly, flexible, and open - see https://unifiedpush.org. I use the NTFY app on my de-Googled GrapheneOS phone for push notifications from most of my apps.

    Being able to write e-mail filter(s) that send me a push notification (without involving Google or Google Play Services) would be very helpful in handling my e-mail inbox. ProtonMail only has Google-based push…

    15 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New Product: Proton Transfer (WeTransfer alternative)

    A secure, trustworthy, and reliable alternative to WeTransfer. With a free plan with limited data size and a subscription that allows you to send files up to 200GB, for example.

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Archival options for deceased or otherwise historically significant accounts

    There's an internet activist who's on the way to expose serious community and structural scandals in a well-known encyclopedia platform which could very well become another Epstein moment if they got their wish. In anticipation of that they said on X that they're gonna voluntarily donate their web accounts and so on for congressional investigations and subsequent archival preservation one day.

    https://x.com/Liltjay08Foo/status/1742507448512978988

    Whether it's crazy for you is an open question but inspired by that, I want to suggest that Protonmail offers options for those who want their accounts to be archived/locked forever upon death which can either be proven…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A no frills plan/subscription that only includes proton mail

    A cheaper version of Mail Plus that only includes proton mail features and nothing else.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto-Reply Per Email Address

    It would be great to be able to setup an auto replay per email address instead of account wide.

    Use case: autoreply only from work address when out of office but not from personal address.

    Thanks!

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter to hide Archived emails when viewing Labels

    Even tho I have archived an email, it shows up when it has a Label and I select to display all emails with that Label.
    I would love a new Filter option so I can display or hide Archived emails when viewing emails linked to a Label.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filter to hide Archived emails when viewing Labels

    Even tho I have archived an email, it shows up when it has a Label and I select to display all emails with that Label. I would love a new Filter option so I can display or hide Archived emails when viewing emails linked to a Label.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import from OTP Auth (iOS)

    This app can create backups and is quite simple to use for iOS, but I want to try and migrate to Proton Authenticator

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Storage one time purchase

    It would be wonderful to have an option to buy storage in proton. So that someone could offload their files from other services like google to totally degoogle their lives. A one time purchase that was separate from your monthly subscription would be great!

    8 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop deleting right away messages without sending a copy to the user with the deletion notification

    I just had two messages deleted by Proton Administrator.
    I get notified by email with this short message : 

    "Hi, please report this through the "Report a problem" option on the app."

    And so... since you deleted my contributions, if I had not by chance corrected their text in my AI chatbot, I would be left without any copy of it and would be forced to re-write them from scratch.

    So a copy of the deleted contribution should be included in the deletion contribution.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Presets for docs in drive

    On the app or computer application or as an edit to current online drive.proton.me

    I'd like to see: as i do enjoy using the drive possiblities.
    that i can create a preset for the settings inc. font sizes and font preferences and margin and such. maybe like the dropdown menu on droid where i can edit the options.

    thanks.

    also, i notice i must create an account -separate than proton here [im logged into proton]- & this is due to ???

    thx

    & i have done the quick-access via my google redirect sign in method proposed. i clicked i agree.…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Request for Arabic Language Support

    Dear Proton Team,

    I hope you're well. I’d like to request support for the Arabic language across your services and apps. For example, file names in Proton Drive appear incorrectly on the website, and Arabic is currently not available as a language option in the apps or web interface.
    I’m happy to assist however I can to help bring Arabic support to your platform.

    Warm regards,
    Feras

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Proton Mail - Option to permanently collapse mail folders

    I would love to be able to tick a box in the settings to permanently collapse all of my mail folders on login.

    Currently, upon logging in, all folders are fully expanded, but I find it easier to use them collapsed. This is because I have many different folders, and finding the exact one is easier based on the root folder rather than having to look through all the subfolders within the different categories of root folders.

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Proton Authenticator - Deduplication

    Add the ability to automatically remove duplicate cards / accounts (deduplicate).

    6 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?