General Ideas
998 results found
-
PDF compression service
Something similar to what Adobe offers: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/compress-pdf.html but privacy first
7 votes -
Proton anti-virus
Proton Anti Virus :
Stop and Protect Computer Or Device from Virus, Malwares, Spyware, etc
Anti-virus have access to everything on your computer so it will be nice to have a trusted one made by Proton.21 votes -
New Product Proposal: Lumen — A Proton Browser That Illuminates the Path to True Privacy
Imagine a web browser built with Proton’s guiding philosophy at its core — a platform where privacy, intelligence, and design coexist in harmony. This vision takes form as Lumen, a new kind of browser designed to unite Proton’s ecosystem into a single, secure experience.
The name Lumen means light or illumination, symbolizing clarity, transparency, and enlightenment — the very principles Proton stands for. It captures the essence of a browser that helps users navigate safely through the modern web’s dark corners while illuminating truth, privacy, and control. Lumen is more than a browsing tool; it is a guide — shedding…
30 votes -
Proton Authenticator - Sort
In Proton Authenticator setup add two options for Sorting:
Sort Order: none || alphabetical || TLD (top level domain) || date-created || last-used
, with additional ascending || descending optionShow most recently used on top: On || Off
44 votes -
Professional/Academic-level Writing Support in Proton Docs
I am working hard to de-Google, de-Meta, de-Amazon, and de-Microsoft my life. I would love to switch my word processing needs entirely over to Proton Docs, but I need to write at a high academic level, including things like postdoc applications, journal articles, and books, and the support for that just isn't there, especially in things like footnotes and references/bibliographies. I know there are a lot of free alternatives to MS Word out there, like Google Docs, but I want to know for a fact that my writing won't be scraped for AI training.
28 votes -
A Unified Proton Desktop App with Lumo at the Center
A Unified Proton Desktop App with Lumo at the Center
I would love to see Proton eventually move toward a single, unified Proton desktop application that brings the entire Proton ecosystem together in one interface, with Lumo as a persistent, context-aware AI assistant.
Instead of having separate desktop apps or browser tabs for Mail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Pass, VPN, etc., the user could have one central Proton application.
Proposed interface
The app could have a left sidebar containing all Proton services:
- Lumo
- Calendar
- Drive
- Docs
- Sheets
- Slides
- Pass
- VPN
- Account / Settings
- Other Proton services
The currently selected…
3 votes -
Add a Unified Security Center for All Proton Services
It would be great to have a single Security Center where users can monitor all Proton services from one place. The dashboard could display login activity, connected devices, recovery options, security alerts, and personalized recommendations across Mail, Drive, Pass, VPN, and other Proton products.
Having everything organized in one location would make account management simpler and help users react more quickly to any unusual activity. Users looking for information about secure streaming services can also visit https://atlasprofficiel.com/ for additional resources.
This feature would improve convenience while supporting Proton's strong focus on privacy and security.
5 votes -
Offline editing support for Proton Docs files on Proton Drive apps.
In 2024, a suggestion for introducing offline editing support for documents in general on Proton Drive was published (see https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/932839-proton-drive/suggestions/48610982-offline-editing-support-for-documents-in-proton-dr).
I think this suggestion, while somewhat different, is now ever more critical with the introduction of Proton Docs in late 2025.
Please do, however, indicate whether this suggestion is best merged with the specified previous suggestion.
6 votes -
Feature Suggestion: Automated Personal Data Removal
I greatly value Proton’s commitment to protecting user privacy through your suite of encrypted services. However, I see an opportunity to enhance the user experience and strengthen Proton’s value proposition even further.
Currently, users who want to remove their personal information from the internet must manually contact data brokers, websites, and search engines ... a time-consuming and ongoing task. I suggest Proton develop a Personal Information Removal System that would:
- Scan and Identify: Automatically detect where a user’s personal data is publicly available or held by data brokers.
- Automate Removal Requests: Send verified opt-outs or deletion requests on behalf of…
33 votes -
Proton Spreadsheets: custom formatting of number cells
Would be nice if you could add custom formatting of number cells ('50' -> '50 g/kg', basically like currency but custom text)
18 votes -
A video hosting platform
YouTube started getting accused of using AI and getting large creators banned. Proton already has a userbase and this is a great opportunity to make one.
13 votes -
Proton Messages App
I would love to see a Proton messaging app that supports SMS, MMS, and RCS so I can get rid of Google Messages. Especially now that Samsung Messages is gone (I didn't really trust it either).
I already use signal, but TOO many people, companies, etc. do not.
4 votes -
More desktop apps that support the ARM architecture.
Except for VPN, those of us running Linux on Raspberry Pi ARM hardware are stuck with web-based apps or browser extensions.
5 votes -
Oled dark theme for all
Add a black OLED theme for all products.
33 votes -
Integrate Voice commands into Lumo AI
I hope that Lumo AI will have the ability to open android apps, and perform commands like opening spotify and being able to play/stop songs, or opening a browser and search for something.
52 votes -
Proton Pay: Safe and secure payment processor as alternative for Gpay/ApplePay
Hello Dev-Team,
I'm not happy with the limitation to big-data collectors when I want to use my smartphone for payments in the supermarket.
Is there a way to tamper the payment or develop an own payment processing system?879 votes -
passkey
que se pueda utilizar passkey en replazo total de contraseña y no solo 2fa
3 votes -
ENCRYPTED KEYBOARD FROM PROTON
ENCRYPTED, USER SIDE KEYS, KEYBOARD. A simple idea come true... and maybe, only maybe, people will believe privacy and secrecy is central to Proton :-) ...And I mean for Android and Web and Desktop... I mean REALLY a central thing
4 votes -
Add Voice Input / Speech-to-Text to Lumo Web Browser Version
I noticed that voice input is currently unavailable in the web browser version of Lumo. As someone who frequently uses Lumo on desktop, I would love to see this feature extended to the web interface as well.
Here's why I think this would be valuable:
…Accessibility: Voice input is an important accessibility feature. Users with mobility impairments or those who struggle with typing would benefit greatly from being able to dictate their prompts directly in the browser. Multitasking: When working on a desktop, being able to speak a prompt while referencing documents or taking notes would improve productivity significantly. Consistency5 votes -
shared workspace
Shared workspaces would be nice because we have a drive and we're meeting soon. You can share files and chat with each other in a space where you can share files and chat with each other, like Teams/Sharepoint. We already have a drive, and we get meet soon. I think this will make it complete.
22 votes
- Don't see your idea?