Add a separate 2FA requirement for Proton Pass I would like to suggest adding an optional security feature for Proton Pass.
Suggestion: Add a separate 2FA requirement for Proton Pass
I would like to suggest adding an optional security feature for Proton Pass.
When the additional Proton Pass password is enabled, users could also have the option to require a 2FA verification code specifically when unlocking Proton Pass.
The authentication flow would be:
- Log in to the Proton account.
- Complete the Proton account 2FA.
- Enter the additional Proton Pass password.
- Enter a separate 2FA verification code required to unlock Proton Pass.
This would provide an additional security boundary specifically for Proton Pass, since it contains extremely sensitive information such as passwords, authentication codes, credit cards, and secure notes.
I think this should be an optional advanced security setting, because some users may prefer convenience while others may want maximum protection for their password vault.
The goal would be to ensure that compromising the Proton account and even obtaining the additional Proton Pass password would still not be enough to access the contents of Proton Pass without the separate second factor.