How can we improve ProtonMail?

Choose the language for "Protonmail encrypted email notification" for external users when sending a message

Many external users don't speak or understand english, so when they receive the Protonmail encrypted email notification, many of them are tempted to ignore it.
I'm a french guy, and most of my contacts don't speak english, so even "decrypt" (in fact, translate) the english email notification is difficult for them !
Same thing for the "online" message, once recipient has entered the password to access the message, the web page containing the message is in english, it would be great that this page appears in the language selected at the moment the message was sent.
... because using Protonmail to send message in a language that recipient does not understand, or sending an uncrypted message to a "gmail" or "yahoo" recipient is really a non-sense !
So, for a convenient use of Protonmail, I hope to see this feature soon :-) - Thanks

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dom H.Dom H. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rémi MathieuRémi Mathieu commented  · 

I do not completely agree with Dom H. request and comment.

Rather than having to select the recipient's language at the sending of the message, why not provide the option to memorize it in the contact's card ?

Sending a message from Protonmail to a gmail or yahoo e-mail is not non-sense. Why not considering to promote Protonmail to gmail or yahoo users, when the ignore the existence of it ? Rather then keeping the use of your old unsafe e-mail addresses.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Definitely! - Please feel free to contact me if want a language file in Cymraeg, and I will what I can do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base