How can we improve ProtonMail?

Undo send

I would like to see an "Undo Send" feature, as found in Gmail. This is essentially a delay in sending, I guess, during which you can click an "Undo" link that appears in the bottom of the screen after you have hit "Send" on an email, for a varying amount of time that you can set (ex. 20 seconds). This gives you the chance to abort the send and tweak the message if, after hitting send, you realized you had forgotten something or you wanted to change the tone. It's something I find I use quite often for work.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Becky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to switch my work email to ProtonMail from Google's G Suite, but Google provides three features that I don't think I can live without in ProtonMail. Undo Send is #1. #2 is scheduled send (fairly new to G Suite but very useful) and the last is full-text search of emails. TutaNota provides full-text searching and I like it's UI as well, but in nearly all other respects it's not nearly as mature a product as ProtonMail, so I don't see TutaNota as an option.

If ProtonMail just added Undo Send (a.k.a. "send delay") I'd be strongly tempted to use it exclusively.

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally for this idea! As a business user, there are times when you have to redo the content of the email before sending. Every word is crucial so you really have to think about what you are saying and this Gmail feature saves a lot. Would like to see this in Protonmail because I'm leaning more and more to using the platform for my businesses, but the features are still lacking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base