Proton Mail & Calendar
2272 results found
-
caldav
Please enable adding external CalDAV calendars in addition to ics.
93 votes -
Show count of read/unread on Folders
Show count of read/unread on Folders. If the count is 0, then I know work needs be done, else I don't even have to click on them.
16 votes -
Move or Archive conversation as a whole via keyboard shortcut
MAC desktop App for proton mail version 1.12.1
Current behaviour
When a conversation is open pressing the keyboard shortcut 'A' archives a single message from that conversation.
When a conversation is open pressing the toolbar archive button archives the entire conversation.
The tooltip on the toolbar archive button shows the Letter A as the shortcut.Desired functionality
Make a clear distinction between the two functions of archiving an entire conversation vs a single message.Suggested solution
Add SHIFT-A as a shortcut to archive entire conversation.10 votes -
Show categories above folders
It would be nice to show the categories above the folders on the left side panel.
I use categories much more often than folders and right now I have to scroll through all the folders before I can choose a category for an email.
A bit more rearranging flexibility would be welcome.
Or, come to think of it: if I choose "pit mail into category" don't show folders at all and vice versa.
3 votes -
Mail layout - bleh. I moved away from protonmail to fastmail cause i just couldn't stand the proton mail interface.
the UX is not great. Here's how to make it simple for you. Go look at Fastmail. Make Proton Mail like fastmail. Customizability of the inbox, hey what a concept, I can scroll thru 1000s of emails, rather than having to PAGE THRU EACH 25 or 30 EMAILS , that alone stinks. I'll stop as I have no more energy for this fight--- I already switched.
3 votes -
Feature Request: Native Retention Policy Support with Backup and Export Integration
Dear Proton Developers,
Retention and deletion management in Proton Mail currently require manual intervention using labels and searches. Although message expiration (self-destruct) and trash/spam auto-delete exist, they don’t provide sufficiently customizable or automated retention control based on user-defined policies.
Proposed improvements:
Introduce native retention policies configurable per folder and/or label, with options like:
Keep emails forever
Keep in inbox for X days, then archive or export automatically
Delete immediately or after specified time periods
Integrate automated export/backup functionality to securely transfer emails to secondary encrypted storage before deletion, enabling safe archiving and compliance.
Provide a user interface to monitor, audit,…
40 votes -
keep Proton Mail linux open in the background
Please add an option to keep Proton Mail Linux open in the background when closing the window. This would make opening it back faster, and allow us to receive notifications on new messages.
3 votes -
Feature suggestion: Day counters / milestone tracking in Proton Calendar
Feature suggestion: Day counters / milestone tracking in Proton Calendar
Proton Calendar currently only looks forward: events and appointments. I'd like to suggest adding a simple but powerful complementary feature — day counters, similar to apps like Daycounter.
What it would do:
- "Days since" a chosen date (e.g. company founded, quit smoking, contract start, sobriety, purchase date)
- "Days until" a future date (countdowns to renewals, deadlines, anniversaries)
- Optional reminders at milestones (100 days, 1 year, etc.)Why it fits Proton:
1. It's calendar-native data — dates are already the core object of the app. No new data…3 votes -
Remove elipses in titles of all-day-events
In the week-view of Proton Calendar, the titles of all-day-events end with an elipsis (...) when they are too long to be displayed completely. But these elipses take over so much space that it gets hard to read the actual title! For example some events in my calendar look like this:
- "🧽 cl..."
- "Visit..."
- "Call..."
Instead of displaying an elipsis, Proton Calendar should display as much of the title as possible. Then these events would look like this:
- "🧽 clean"
- "Visit Gran "
- "Call Deb"This is how it works with the month-view. Let's also mae make…
4 votes -
A setting to optionally include the "From" email address in the Inbox View
There should be a setting to optionally include the "From" email address in the Inbox View (in addition to the email Display Name, which is the default).
I feel that not having this as an option is a security vulnerability. Here is an example: a local company (vet, physical therapy, chiropractor, etc.) outsources various aspects of online client interaction (feedback surveys, OTP, appointment reminder, billing, etc.) to various 3rd party companies. As a result, I receive emails from 4-5 different companies that all use identical Display Names ("XYZ veterinarian"). I have gotten used to the idea that it's normal to…
6 votes -
Modern contact management with social links
Hello Proton Team,
I really enjoy using Proton Mail and I recently migrated my contacts from iCloud.
One thing that feels currently limited is the Contacts interface and contact management features. Compared to Apple Contacts or Google Contacts, Proton Contacts still feels quite minimal.
It would be amazing to have:
- A more complete and spacious contact interface
- Full-page contact editing/viewing
- Support for social media fields (Instagram, LinkedIn, Mastodon, etc.)
- Custom URL fields with personalized labels
- Richer notes and profile information
- Better organization for modern digital identities
Proton Mail has become a full ecosystem, and having more advanced contact management would…
7 votes -
Better UX for iPadOS Proton Mail app (split‑view layout)
Proton Mail’s iPadOS app should adopt an adaptive split‑view layout that takes advantage of the device’s wider screen: a fixed‑width left column for folders and the message list, a flexible central pane that previews the selected email, and an optional right pane for contextual content such as thread history or attachment previews. This layout mirrors the familiar two‑column designs of Apple Mail and Outlook, reduces vertical scrolling.
By implementing responsive spacing, larger typography, and split‑view states, the app will feel more native on iPad (currently it just feels like using a big iPhone app on the iPad screen, improve workflow…
25 votes -
Event share links
The ability to share links to events on Proton Calendar, in which recipients can RSVP using, instead of exclusively via email.
Would be a nice feature, especially when working with people outside your organisation, and in a personal setting.
Image(s), event description, attendee count, location, RSVPs.
3 votes -
Flagging email importance
I would like to be able to flag the importance of outgoing emails. Default should be Normal, but it would be nice to be able set the importance/priority to High for some emails, so the recipient knows whether an email has above average importance and could also filter by this flag.
Note that this is different than the Star marking, which can not be applied during email composition and can not be transferred to the recipient.
21 votes -
Collapse folders on mobile
Web and desktop versions have ability to collapse folder that has sub-folders. Please bring to mobile.
37 votes -
Actions when hovering over an email
I suggest adding an optional setting to the interface that disables quick actions when you hover the mouse over an email. These actions include move to trash, move to archive, mark as (un)read, and so on. It’s quite inconvenient to switch between emails when your inbox is divided into two panels (the email column on the left and their details on the right). This means you have to reach further with the mouse and risk accidentally clicking on the icons.
3 votes -
Detect hidden text in emails
In emails detect hidden text - for instance, if an email arrives and presents with a white background and has white text the text is automatically highlighted for the user. More and more emails are doing this where they are hiding things in emails and it would be good if this was identified by default.
3 votes -
Snooze / Remind Me function for simple email follow-ups
I’d love to suggest a feature that would make email management in Proton Mail so much smoother: a "Mark as unread in X days" or "Mark as unread on [Date]" option (basically a classic Snooze / Zurückstellen feature, similar to Gmail).
The Use Case:
Right now, keeping track of emails that need a follow-up later is a bit clunky. My ideal workflow would look like this:- I receive an email that I don not need right now, but need to act on in a few days.
- I select "Mark as unread in X days" (or pick a specific date) and…
2 votes -
Add Calibri to email fonts, and show fonts names in their font style
In All settings>Message and composing>Composing, I would like to the the dropdown list of fonts names written in their own font style. Also I would like to see Calibri in the list of fonts, it's everywhere nowadays.
3 votes -
Swipe to snooze email in mobile apps
Add "Snooze" as an option for the customizable swipe actions (either right or left). I'm glad snooze is finally in the mobile navigation, but it also needs to be added as an option for either swipe direction.
17 votes
- Don't see your idea?