Proton Mail & Calendar
2283 results found
-
Alternating row color in inbox
Also known as zebra stripes. Title says it all. Looking to see where I can enable interchanging the background row colors between two colors (white and grey).
Simple theme change to help with readability or accessibility. Pretty commonly implement in many operating systems and other products.
4 votes -
Advanced PGP Key Management for Proton Mail Users
Description
Currently, Proton Mail allows users to manually add PGP public keys to external addresses only.
This creates several limitations for users with more complex encryption setups or personal key hierarchies.
Problem 1: Limited Manual Control
Users cannot manually specify whether an email should be:
- Signed only
- Encrypted only
- Signed and encrypted
Instead, Proton Mail enforces a fixed default behavior per contact.
If a user wishes to change how messages are sent, they must manually adjust the contact’s encryption settings each time.
This slows down workflows and complicates secure communication.
Problem 2: External Keys for Proton Addresses
Some Proton users…
12 votes - Signed only
-
Lock desktop app
It would be interesting to be able to lock the Proton Mail Windows application with a security code like the Proton Pass application, both manually and after a certain time, so that you do not have to constantly log out and log in
458 votes -
“Read Receipt” as DEFAULT for Mac app users? Thanks.
It would be very helpful, IMHO, to have a default setting option to request read receipts for outgoing messages. Thank you!
3 votes -
For Huawei devices
Hi, I like the app and it would be nice if it is also available natively for Huawei devices in its app store, appgallery, for a better experience
3 votes -
Would love an API to read and send emails for Proton mail addresses.
A possible use case could be showing unread emaisl on a TRMNL screen :)
6 votes -
Ability to copy paste and edit calendar events on Android devices
I want to be able to copy paste an event (e.g.: Doctor appointment) to a different date and create a new event with modifications.
6 votes -
server-side integration for proton mail
Proton Mail lacks a developer-facing event/API platform for backend automation. I need machine-to-machine notifications for incoming email (webhooks/events) and programmatic mail access without relying on Proton Bridge or desktop clients.
Maybe allow users to opt into developer integrations (webhooks/API access) for specific addresses or folders, even if that requires a different trust model or user-granted application permissions.
Or api access via user-held keys.2 votes -
Resizable folders panel in Column layout
On desktop and web, when using Column layout, I can resize the messages list vs. the opened message, but I can’t resize the left folders panel (Inbox, Trash, etc.). Please add an option to resize that panel too.
For me it’s way too wide, and making it smaller would give more space to the message view, which is more useful.
5 votes -
Adresse aus Kontakt als Vorschlag für Veranstaltungsort im Kalender
Wenn man bei Apple im Kalender einen Termin erstellt und den Veranstaltungsort auswählt, reicht es aus einen Kontaktnamen einzugeben um die gespeicherte Adresse auswählen zu können.
3 votes -
I miss the possibility for ‘to do’s’ with a check box if done in Proton Calendar.
Every day the Proton Users has things to do. In Proton Calendar the to do’s should be visible every day on top of the day. IF finished check the box and the user knows that he has done what he had to do.
Importing to do lists would make life easier.2 votes -
See & Accept invites for others' calendars (if editor for them)
If I am an editor on another's calendar, I want to be able to see and accept pending invites for them FROM MY OWN CALENDAR.
EX: I help manage family members' calendar at times and I manage our family calendar. When I create and event and invite family members (ex: my wife and daughter), I cannot see it as a pending invitation on their calendars until they accept. I can view our daughter's calendar and I am an editor on my wife's calendar, but I have to open my own event to check that they were invited and I must…
2 votes -
Pending invitation viewable (for others' calendars I can view or edit from my calendar)
I need to see pending invites on other calendars I have privileges on. If I can view or edit another's calendar, I should be able to see pending invites on theirs.
EX: I help manage family members' calendar at times and I manage our family calendar. When I create and event and invite family members (ex: my wife and daughter), I cannot see it as a pending invitation on their calendars until they accept. I can view our daughter's calendar and I am an editor on my wife's calendar, but I have to open my own event to check that…
2 votes -
advanced syntax in search
Mail : Advanced Search Syntax, operators and Keywords
Having an advanced search syntax ("from:user@domain.com", "to:user@domain.com", "filetype:xlsx"...) would ease and speed up the use of the search feature among mail or other apps. Many competitors propose such feature but search engines (like Duckduckgo, Brave, etc..) might also be inspiring for a powerful search syntax.
6 votes -
Add "Custom" Labels for Contact Details in addition to or instead of "Others"
Most Contact apps and programs offer the ability to add emails and phone numbers to a contact with a custom label, e.g. "email for ...".
Right now Contacts can only have these labels for email:
- Email - Work - Home - Others (Basically acts as the catch-all label, which isn't useful at all)So yeah adding custom labels would greatly improve the usability of Proton Contacts
7 votes -
Open attachments in a separate tab or window
It is already possible to preview PDFs and images in attachments. I propose a feature that would allow to open attachments in a separate tab or window. This way it would be possible to view attachments and read emails at the same time. At the moment, doing this requires downloading the attachment and opening it in a separate application. This should be optional behaviour and the user should be able to choose how they wish to view attachments.
11 votes -
Import PGP keys of contacts from public key servers
While we can import other people's public keys manually, it would be much less hassle to just import them from public key servers if they have a key listed in one. Just searching them for the mail address shouldn't be hard to implement, and from that point on it'd be the same as if the key was attached to the mail (asking wether the key should be trusted, then import)
10 votes -
Support TOTP field in contacts
It would be useful if it were possible to store a TOTP code to a contact entry in Proton Mail, similar to what is supported in Proton Pass. The code would be shared with the contact. As an identity-verification feature, the contact and myself could use the time-generated code to verify by voice that the interlocutor is indeed the contact. This can be done today using Proton Authenticate but it would be useful to associate the TOTP code with a contact in the same manner this can be done for a userid in Proton Pass.
2 votes -
Partial export of .ics of Calendar
In order to update records locally, it would be useful to be able to export only part of the calendar’s .ics file so that we can update local records without having to export the entire calendar every time, which becomes cumbersome for daily updates.
Ideally, it would be possible to set a date range for the export.
3 votes -
Create a PIN-code for the application in Windows!
Be sure to create a PIN-code for the application in Windows! Otherwise, what's the point of all your privacy? If anyone can walk into a computer's workstation when a user is gone and gain full access to their email proton !
8 votes
- Don't see your idea?