Keyboard shortcuts
I would love to see keyboard shortcut support in the web version of Proton Drive. Out of habit, I always press F2 when I want to rename a file (same as in Windows and other Microsoft products, it has also been implemented in Google Drive).
It would also be nice if e.g. Ctrl+A (or Cmd+A on macOS) selected all files/objects in the current view.
Using the arrow keys (up and down) to move the selection from one object to the next. Extending selection of files by using the arrow keys (up and down) while holding Shift.
Alt+Arrow up to traverse up one directory. This would pair well with moving with the arrow keys and using Enter to traverse into a selected directory (last shortcut works currently).
-
herb
commented
Also DEL to delete and Alt+D to download would be a gamechanger!
-
Jack Pawlicki commented
In Windows File Explorer, you can use F2 to immediately enter the text field for the file name, making renaming files in bulk much quicker.
F2 is the feature I use I can think of, but over all I think all shortcuts from common file explorers should be available so Proton feels more like an upgrade than a sidegrade. I should have to trade off less with this premium subscription, and small quality of life features like this would make me feel more confident with my continuing support of your product.
Thank you to anyone who reads this for your time. I hope you have a great rest of your day, whatever that means for you (restful / productive / etc. ).
-
Annika
commented
It would be faster if one could use shortcuts to delete a file or create a new folder. (f.e. "Entf")