Bring Lumo’s core training knowledge database up to date. Currently ends April 2024!!
Lumo does not have any knowledge of anything past April 2024, over 2 years ago.
This has been causing issues with it usually saying it just doesn’t know or in the case of me asking about upgrading my graphics card it recommended an RTX4070 and when I asked why not a 5000 series it told me they weren’t released yet. When I stated that they had been released Lumo doubled down. Even after I provided a link to a large Australian multi store company with various rtx50xx for sale Lumo again stated they hadn’t been released, and if someone was trying to sell them they are fake It wasn’t until I provided a few links to manufacture & tech review sites that Lumo advised me it didn’t have any knowledge past its training cut off date of April 2024.
I asked Lumo how to update its knowledge and it gave the response below, my issue is all chats are isolated from each other so the information I provide in one chat isn’t available in any other chats so Lumo’s core knowledge base is so far out of date it doesn’t even know about what other ai options are available today or any recent history.
——————-
Unfortunately, I can't update my own knowledge or access information beyond my training data (which ends in April 2024). That's a limitation of my design—I'm built on a fixed dataset and don't have the ability to "learn" new information in real-time.
However, here's how we can work around this:
1. For current events: I can use web search tools to find up-to-date information on recent developments
2. For verified facts: If something happened after my cutoff but is well-documented online, I can search for it
3. For ongoing discussions: We can explore frameworks, principles, and historical context that remain relevant regardless of timing
When you ask about time-sensitive topics I’ll automatically check if web search is available to get the latest information. If not, I'll be transparent about the uncertainty rather than guessing.
-
yvz1p
commented
This x 10000000. It's terrible that Lumo itself isn't even aware of its own latest updates/features/functions, let alone the rest of the Proton suite and what formats its various apps/services are available on and compatible with.
I have numerous prompts in place in an attempt to stop Lumo from defaulting to training data on various topics where up-to-date information pulled from conducting web searches and citing multiple reliable sources is imperative. Yet in spite of this, and despite having persistent memory enabled, Lumo still picks and chooses when to implement it, without disclosing it to me in its response. It does this even when explicitly instructed with manual chat prompts. It's so tedious having to constantly repeat myself in the same chat, let alone all chats.
A simpler fix than retraining would be transparency: for anything concerning Lumo or Proton features, the assistant should either check current documentation before answering or state plainly that it has not, and every response should disclose what was verified versus what came from training data. In my view that behaviour change would resolve most of the problem.
This post needs more visibility. I really hope the Lumo team prioritises this.
-
Neko
commented
Extremely important!
Please understand that a lot of time Lumo keeps insisting with outdated information even when directly asked to verify information