General Ideas
1000 results found
-
Proton Docs - Scaling line height with font size
When adjusting the font size to be small to fit a lot of content on a single page for printing, the line height spacing does not scale correctly. Right now, I'm annoyingly having to hack this myself by disabling the margin-top on the html before printing:
.DocumentEditor > :not(:first-child, [class*="Lexicalh"]), .DocumentEditor > .Lexicalparagraph:not(:first-child) {
margin-top: .75rem;
}Since signing up for Proton, I've been impressed in the overall quality of the products and services. There's just a number of quality of life features that are holding it back to be a complete replacement for document usage.
I do…
5 votes -
Iterative calculation
Please add iterative calculation as an option is sheets like Excel, Google and ZOHO sheets have.
3 votes -
Proton Phone&Chat
I would like to use a Proton Chat (Messenger) and Phone on my (i)Phone and a desktop App. Log-in with proton e-mail address. Threema has not been updated and lacks features. Whatsapp is comprehensive, but not trustworthy.
62 votes -
End-to-End Encrypted Investment Portfolio Manager
I'd like to propose a new Proton service: an end-to-end encrypted portfolio manager that would complement Proton Wallet.
Similar to services like Finanzfluss Copilot or Parqet Portfolio Manager or even Google Finance, this would be a comprehensive investment tracking tool where users can:
Track stocks, ETFs, bonds, crypto, and other investments
Monitor portfolio performance with real-time market data
Analyze asset allocation and diversification
View historical performance and returns
Track dividends and capital gainsUnlike existing portfolio managers, all user data would be end-to-end encrypted. Only the user would have access to:
What they've invested in
How much they own
Their…4 votes -
Proton Docs - Paragraph Line Spacing
Please adding paragraph line spacing. I generally like to list out things using new lines rather than a list function. The current spacing between new lines is about 2-3 times bigger than I'm willing to tolerate.
101 votes -
Bounded Grid
Hi Proton team,
I'd like to request the ability to set a bounded grid in Proton Sheets, essentially, the ability to define the last column (and/or row) of a spreadsheet so that anything beyond it is not displayed.
Currently, Proton Sheets uses an unbounded grid, meaning the spreadsheet extends infinitely to the right and downward. While functional, this creates a lot of visual noise when working with small, focused spreadsheets. The endless empty columns make it harder to stay focused on the actual data.
Google Sheets handles this well by allowing users to delete columns entirely, shrinking the sheet's total…
2 votes -
Please give some attention to Simple Login.
Simple Login has been abandoned for 4 years now. The apps are extremely outdated. Addy.io (the competition of SL) has been taking strides in development during the past few months. Their apps are very modern, feature rich. SL can't even replace capital letters by small letters and gives errors all the time when creating aliases. Mostly autofill doesn't work as we have to click and edit the auto filled email or it doesn't register on most websites. It just visually populates the field but doesn't really type anything unless you edit it.
2 votes -
Tarifs spéciaux pour les organismes sans but lucratifs
Proton ne pourra pas compétitionner la suite Google auprès de nombreux organismes sans but lucratif s'il n'offre pas un tarif abordable pour contrer le fait que la suite Google est gratuite auprès de ces organismes. L'idéal serait une offre semblable à celle de Google, mais à la limite une offre qui se rapproche de la gratuité pourrait inciter plusieurs OBNL à migrer vers la suite Proton.
2 votes -
Set a Default Self-Destruct on all incoming mail.
To keep inboxes, and even folders, under control I find myself using the self destruct frequently. However, it takes time to set for many emails. I suggest being able to set a default self destruct timer on every incoming (and outgoing) email, that I could disable only on the emails that I would actually like to keep long-term.
2 votes -
Ask the EU forcing companies very easy noob account/data transfers from gmail/.... to others like proton
In the netherlands for many services the law forces to have an easy way to move from one service to an other, like phone, electricity, healthcare issurance,... Moving from basic functionalities like email, drive, photo storage, password managers, basically everything where data gets involved need to be a real simple single button transfer solution for any consumer. This to avoid vendor lockin by not having the technical skills to do so.
2 votes -
Launch this and focus on distribution from day 1: Introducing Proto, world's only privacy tightened platform to prototype your best ideas
Launch this and focus on distribution from day 1 (Pre promote that is) : Introducing Proto, world's only privacy tightened platform to prototype your best ideas from mind to mvp.
End to end secured.
(Unlike other platforms that likely see everything you are doing. All your ideas and concepts and wireframes and... you get the point.)
Build the MVP within the platform.
Let your intial users test it within the platform.
Proto ≠ a 'better' vibecoding app.
Proto ≠ Figma Make.(I am adding this because this is the problem with experts. They immediately associate a term or a concept…
2 votes -
A Decentralized, Privacy-First Digital Identity Platform to Empower Global Freedom
Dear Proton Team,
I write with excitement about an idea for a project that feels like a natural evolution of your mission: a self-sovereign digital identity solution that puts power back in users' hands, not governments'. In a world where centralized ID systems are becoming the norm, Proton could lead the charge toward true digital freedom. Allow me to outline the urgent problem, a ready-made solution, and why you're uniquely positioned to make it happen.
The Problem: Centralized IDs as a Slippery Slope to Surveillance
State-backed digital IDs promise efficiency but deliver vulnerability and control. Take the UK's "Brit Card,"…7 votes -
Adopt WEBCAT for all web-based applications
The whole existence of Proton revolves around a trustworthy, easy-to-use suite of end-to-end encrypted applications. But one thing is to use Proton's digitally signed mobile applications, another is to use Proton's web-based applications.
So I suggest the early adoption of WEBCAT, a Freedom of the Press Foundation project currently in alpha.
From their website (https://webcat.tech/):
"""
The ProblemWebsites can change their code at any time, and HTTPS alone does not guarantee that every user receives the same, intended web application. WEBCAT addresses this by enabling signed delivery and transparency log–backed distribution of participating web applications, allowing end users…
3 votes -
Proton Phone with ProtonOS and Integrated AI
I would like to suggest a Proton Phone that runs either on a dedicated ProtonOS or a Proton-customized Android. This phone would feature a system-wide AI assistant like LUMO and have all Proton services—Mail, VPN, Calendar, Drive, Proton Pass, and more—fully integrated from the start.
By replacing default services like Google with Proton equivalents (e.g., Proton Pass for passwords), users would have full privacy across the entire device and enhanced security options. Such a phone would provide a seamless, secure, and privacy-focused experience, making it much easier to manage subscriptions and Proton services.
This could represent a major step forward…
10 votes -
Proton Pass: provide a identity interface with pass and possibly the system locked down
Currently one can save identity documents but not necessarily show them securely.
What would be of great benefit, is a locked down interface, which can be entered from the pass interface where one selects one or more identity documents.
Upon confirming, a locked down show ui should be started, that locks proton pass and possibly the device, but keeps showing the identity documents.
This would make pass a good alternative to carrying identity documents.3 votes -
Add private search to Proton
The private and unmanipulated search with their own web index of Timpi would be an amazing addition to Proton suite.
https://timpi.io2 votes -
Tails OS and Proton AG
I'll address this as a problem, not an opinion. First, the Proton Pass and Proton VPN Tor (Firefox) extensions don't work at all on Tails OS, and no Linux apps, especially Proton Mail Bridge, work properly (in .deb format). I know Tails OS is a Linux distribution focused on security and high-level privacy, but Proton and its privacy mission are excellently supported. My journalist colleagues and I have been using Proton Mail for a long time, and it's an indispensable service for us. I urge the Proton team to address this issue as soon as possible. If possible, contact Tails…
9 votes -
Log in with QR code
I'm using Proton Pass for all logins. But to start using it on a new device I have to manually enter my Proton password there. It would be very nice to be able to scan a QR code by already logged in device instead.
Here is an example of this feature implemented: https://help.kagi.com/kagi/privacy/log-in-with-qr-code.html
9 votes -
Approve login request on mobile to log in (passwordless login)
Currently when I login on my Desktop through a webbrowser on a Proton web service I need to fill-in my MFA code, instead off filling in a MFA code I wou like the possibility to get a pop-up on my Phone and approve it with bio metric validation.
331 votes -
Proton Profile
I want a firefox/windows feature that captures my user profile. I can launch it on a fresh linux install and it immediately brings my entire user profile down to the local device - so i can start working right where i left off.
All my short cuts, firefox favorites, etc.Ideal for say a debian live usb stick - i install proton profile and boom im productive immediately right where i left off.
It local self destructs based on user setting or on idle.
6 votes
- Don't see your idea?