Skip to content

General Ideas

998 results found

  1. Proton Chat

    I’ve seen multiple other users suggest this, but I would like to make a request. If this is done, I’d like for it to have features that would make it a viable alternative to discord. The community I am in that suggested this company to me is becoming wary of continuing to use discord, and we may start looking for an alternative shortly.

    34 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Markdown Editor in Proton Mail

    In addition to the WYSIWYG and plain text editor, add a Markdown text editor to Proton Mail. The markdown is then converted the moment the email is being sent.

    The main reason I asked for this are code blocks. Also, I would like to be able to define another formatting for text between backticks to make it more obvious than just monospace text.

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Filter AI content across multiple platforms

    Proton has covered privacy and protection for so long. It's time to protect users, especially more vulnerable ones, from AI generated content. This will not be easy, but they could be the first ! Keep up the great work proton !

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add link to all apps to submit compliments, not just reviews in App Store/Play Store

    As someone who has worked in tech support for several years, I know how great it is to know when I've done something good, since people usually only contact you when there's a problem.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dead man switch with scheduled emails

    I'd like to propose an enhancement to the current Emergency Contacts feature, specifically for situations where the account owner becomes incapacitated or passes away.

    I think there is an opportunity to make it more flexible by allowing information to be securely shared with people who do not have a Proton account, while also giving them more direct access to the information they need.

    This design is in a way similar to what Google does:

    I can configure a period of inactivity after which an email is automatically released to one or more designated recipients.
    
    The message would be encrypted/password protected,
    …
    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a Task application, which is connected to the calendar

    Applikation ähnlich Google TASK, die mit dem Kalender verbunden ist, indem die Tasks eingetragen werden, wenn dort ein Zieldatum angegeben ist.

    11 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create a phone contact list app

    Create a cell phone contact list app that can transfer to new phone carriers and between iPhones and androids.

    107 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Proton chat messenger

    Messenger would be end-to-end encrypted for video calls and voice messages.

    This feature has been requested many times and has been under review since 2016.

    34 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [Proton Meet] Dedicated Proton Meet Category on the UserVoice Platform

    It would be very helpful to have a dedicated category for Proton Meet on the service/feedback platform, even while it is still in closed beta.

    At the moment, Proton Meet feature requests have to be posted in the general category, which makes them harder to find, track, and discuss. A separate category would improve visibility, feedback quality, and organization for both users and the Proton team.

    16 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Proton Docs App

    Google Docs (as opposed to Word) is the only tool that I continue to use in the Google Ecosystem. I use it for school, work, etc., and I am trying to make the switch to Proton Docs. While the features are still lacking, and I assume Proton is redesigning and adding to this platform, I think it is paramount to have a Proton Docs app I can download on Mac. I love that Word has an app, and unfortunately, Proton doesn't. I hope, as they are implementing a better docs platform, that they will consider designing an app as well.…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would it be possible to create aliases for fingerprint and facial data?

    Would it be possible to create aliases for fingerprint and facial data when setting up biometrics? Biometrics are often promoted as the most secure login method, since only I possess my specific fingerprint and face. But what if my fingerprint and facial data were to be leaked? I see users claiming that biometric data is safe because it is stored on the device rather than in the cloud. I admit I’m no expert on the subject, but this is a concern for me.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share files within Proton Meet chat

    Allow for the sharing of files within the chat function of Proton Meet during a meeting. At the moment, if I want to share a file with someone for them to download in the meeting, I have to send it them in a separate email.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CO2e-neutrality pledge

    Alphabet (Google) has abandonned their CO2e-neutrality pledge and schedule, because of the energy cost of AI.

    Now is the time to shine for Proton, by taking the vacant place that is offered!!

    It would be extremely popular, especially in Europe, and would push a lot of climate-conscious people from other service providers towards Proton.

    111 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Proton Payment

    Something like Privacy.com, where you can make burner debit cards to pay anonymously without sending all your sensitive info to online companies. Currently looking into secure online payment methods, and having one through Proton would be great. I plan on buying Ultimate soon anyway.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Proton Journal – An Encrypted Personal Diary

    Day One and Apple Journal are popular, but neither offers true zero-access encryption. Your most personal thoughts deserve the same protection as your email.

    I'm proposing Proton Journal — a diary app built on Proton's encryption model, completing the "digital home" vision.

    Core features:

    🔒 End-to-end encrypted text and photo entries
    🗓️ Timeline/calendar view for easy navigation
    🔖 Tags and collections for thematic organization
    🌍 Cross-platform: iOS, Android, Web
    🤖 Optional Lumo integration — reflection prompts and conversation summaries saved as entries
    ✉️ Email-to-journal functionality (the Evernote workflow many of us miss)
    📤 Export to Markdown/plain text — no lock-in…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make seperate app for document and sheet

    Seperate app for both document and sheet. Remove that from inside the proton drive that features and make seperate app for proton document and proton sheet and also seperate website, not inside the drive website

    6 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Subject prefix/suffix when forwarding Mails

    When forwarding mails with Proton Mail, I'd like to prefix the "subject" field. I'd be using this to give the mails a label/tag. Optionally also a suffix, but i wouldnt really need that.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Proton Journal

    I was thinking about something just now: there doesn’t seem to be any open-source, end-to-end encrypted software for keeping a journal. In my research, apart from a few self-hosted projects, I couldn’t find an open-source, trustworthy journaling app offered by a company. Apple has an app that looks nice, but it’s closed-source.

    I don’t keep a journal myself, but for people who do, this could be a great idea. I think Proton could consider this and release an end-to-end encrypted Proton Journal. Honestly, it seems sensible and I believe people would use it.

    32 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 … 6 8 10 … 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?