Skip to content

General ideas

458 results found

1. Support Accrescent store

I know many people here seem to want Proton to also publish on F-Droid, but F-Droid (as was also pointed out here) has some serious problems (see https://privsec.dev/posts/android/f-droid-security-issues/).

To make both the people - like me - wanting to have access to Proton Apps not just via Play Store or GitHub happy, but also to keep high security standards, Accrescent would be an awesome solution.
    It is a secure and private app store that doesn't need Google Play Services and aims to be developer-friendly.

--> https://accrescent.app/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add possibility to send signed only emails

For now in Proton Mail if the public key of an email is available the mail will be automatically encrypted. However for some specific cases it is useful to me to send signed but unencrypted emails. It would be nice if we could just click on the padlock next to the destination email to be allowed to change that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since Proton is privacy focused, they really should adopt Monero. Bitcoin is obsolete at this point.

Supposedly one can send bitcoin to a proton email address now? This is the wrong road to travel for poroton if it is truly dedicated to privacy for it's users. Bitcoin has very serious privacy shortfalls. Not to mention, it's lack of usefulness as a payment network. The interest and implementation of crypto services is great, but please utilize Monero instead, which adheres to the privacy ethos. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. logout from ALL devices

Currently, proton (free accounts) do not see "logout from ALL devices" option and this leaves a residue session in some cases and leaves vulnerable. Preparing to provide an option as "logout from ALL devices" and make sure this option terminates all sessions associated with that account.

Also when someone already logged in and trying to submit a suggestion it should not ask e-mail and password since I think it is redundant.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Commit to becoming carbon neutral

Since servers and any form of interaction with websites, mobile apps, and APIs has an energy cost, it is inherently negatively impacting the environment. Particularly with any use of crypto, AI, or computationally heavy operations.

Therefore, I am requesting that Proton commit to becoming carbon neutral. Not merely via purchasing carbon offsets which have questionable effectiveness, but by directly powering all infrastructure with renewable energy. There are also optimisations that can be made to source code to reduce the footprint by boosting efficiency and reducing resource usage.

Proton has been a shining example of ethics in computing via respecting and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Proton hosted SearXNG instance

SearXNG is a privacy respecting, open source metasearch engine. It's great, as you can aggregate many search engines into one (google, bing, etc...), and that it's fully self-hostable.
    However, the issue is, that the instance provider has full support of what you send as queries to the servers. If you self host it yourself, then the queries still go through one IP address, alas still insecure.
    Here's where proton would come in, it's relatively easy to self-host, and would be a great alternative for people moving to a trustable searxng instance, since the main problem with it, is that you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Proton Pass To Do Lists; Reminders

I think it would be excellent if you could expand Proton Pass to include reminders, in addition to the Notes functionality.

I would love to be able to create 'to do' lists - with tasks I can check off - within Proton Pass, benefiting from the security and cross-device synchronisation Proton Pass provides. If this included functionality to be able to specify deadlines (with associated notifications), that would be even better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recipient groups

When you send a email, it is annoying to pick the recipients one by one, especially if you usually send the email to the same people. You also probably want to send different emails to same recipients so it is more secure and organized.

That is why I am suggesting recipient groups. Basically, you make a group of contacts and name it. When sending an email you can choose the group and add more groups and recipients if you want to. The group(s) that you have picked will receive the email that you have created. Simple and easy, but useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow family members to create new email addresses privately.

Currently the Family Plan provides a total of 90 email addresses for all family members, but the admin users must create the addresses for each member. From a privacy standpoint this is very wrong.

I recommend having an option for the admin users to allocate an amount of addresses from the total of 90 to each member. Each member should then create their own additional addresses, and the additional addresses should be only visible to each user. Family admins should not be able to see family member secondary addresses.

I purchased the Family Plan for my family because I value…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ANSSI (France) and ISO 27001 certification for Secure Links and Vault

Like with HIPAA for the medical field, having this certification (at least in France) and possible look for ISO 27001 certification (worldwide) for these specific areas would be beneficial as a personal and business user (I hope to become business client soon). This is also useful for promoting your services to my clients, as I work in data protection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include Android APKs in all GitHub releases

For Proton Mail it's already being done:
    https://github.com/ProtonMail/proton-mail-android/releases

I'd like to see GitHub releases with attached APKs for all other Android apps as well.
    This would be really helpful for people using Obtainium & similar tools.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Proton Hub

One Proton Hub application with the ability of opening mail client, calendar, contacts, drive syncing, vpn etc... all at once loged in (only one logging in proton hub).

Also it would be nice if i could install and update other applications through it. Or preferebly auto update. Then I would just install/update one application and the rest would be beside me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proton Docs How to use!

I received an email directing me to https://account.proton.me/docs and telling me I can now create and collaborate privately with Proton Docs in Proton Drive. Sounds great. Couldn't wait.
    Well the first thing I did was follow the link, and all that happened was I got an almost blank browser screen, with some icons presumably to make a document.
    There is no visible "help" or "explanation".
    Eventually I found Help hidden underneath the document name.

Only trouble is the link doies not take one to anything to do with Proton Docs. No link nothing!
    All I can say is that so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link Tracking Protection for Mobile Apps

Add Tracking Link Protection for Mobile Apps it’s currently only on the website version.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a budgeting app / feature

Create a budgeting app. I would love to have the privacy of Proton when dealing with my money.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete emails when using forwarding from Gmail

Allow Proton mail to delete emails in Gmail in addition to just forwarding. Hopefully this isn't something google is preventing. It is available when forwarding Gmail to other providers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate used storage amount by product

With the new addition of Proton Photos, I believe it would be nice to see not only how much storage is being used, but the used amount based on products.

Example: X GB Mail, Y GB Drive, Z GB Photos.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter by Sender

So Yahoo has a feature that I have found very useful. There is a small magnifying icon that when clicked, lists all emails to and from the from email address. Presently, I have to manually perform a search, open the email, copy the address, go to advanced search, paste the email address and so on. And well, that is way too many clicks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Proton router and wifi access points (hardware or softwaredefined)

Dear Proton,

You guys are amazing and I really enjoy using your products.

What I enjoy about your approach is that you guys are extremely thorough in terms of privacy, security and configurability.

This idea is a little bit different than your normal activities perhaps, but how about Proton router and Wi-Fi access points? So Proton network infrastructure products.

Proton could explore designing Proton secure home and business routers and Wi-Fi access points / extenders.

This could be hardware, OR you could do a similar approach as PfSense / OPNSense designing the software and we as the users choose our…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Text message

Proton messaging app

I would like to see a proton messaging app which sends and receives end-to-end encrypted messages. Messages should be able to be received on Apple messages or other text messaging platforms. The option would be given to have it appear locked on the recipients end in Apple messages and you can open it with a code. You would also be able to receive messages from any messaging app.

I am aware that there are messaging apps out there but they are a closed system as far as I’m aware.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base