General Ideas
1520 results found
-
Per-project Ghost Chat Mode
I have a project where each chat is disposable. Instead of manually culling chat history for the project, I would like a per-project setting to have ghost chat mode enabled by default.
2 votes -
Slideshow in Proton Drive - Photos
As a user, I would like to have a slideshow feature in order to play a short movie of my souvenirs of certain event.
It would be available in each album as a button next to {Add photos, download, share}, but also as an appearing button when several photos are selected.
When clicking, a small panel will appear with some default options checked and a button “launch slideshow”. The options would be about the duration of each photo, the transition effect and others (I would avoid cringe/elevators music though).
Complementary feature: this slideshow could be shared as a private video…14 votes -
Share audio when screen sharing in Meet
It would be really useful to be able to share audio when screen sharing in proton meet. I do trainings and sometimes have brief video clips in my slide decks.
7 votes -
Named Sessions
Named Sessions:
It is challenging when using different vpns or when cache clears to connect to a single session.
I end up having to login and clear sessions constantly, even with defined exceptions for cache because depending where I am the PC uses a different VPN.
It would be cool to be able to connect to a predefined session via some key or token or whatever mechanism may work to identify and authenticate a unique session beyond cookies.
That way you could have explicit sessions, and not have to worry about wondering if 1 of the 50 sessions that is…
4 votes -
Proton Wallet support more than btc
Well Add new cryptocurrency such as USDT,SOL,KAS,ETH and much more
6 votes -
Hide username / email alias when emailing someone an encrypted email with hide my alias
Please can you make it that the username / the proton alias email address is not shared,
When emailing an encrypted email to someone not using proton, or any self destructing email.
While using the hide my alias from proton pass / simple login.Currently, if i email someone to keep the conversation private and encrypted, they get an email inviting them to log into the encrypted account, using a code which we set, and to view and reply to the sent email.
This is amazingly useful, and allows a user to share private content with a person who is…2 votes -
Distribute applications through package managers
I would like to keep the Proton Drive CLI and Proton Mail Linux desktop applications up-to-date and manage them using either my operating system package manager, apt, or a third-party package manager like Homebrew.
As of right now, I need to manually visit https://proton.me/download/drive/cli/index.html, click the download link for my architecture, manually validate the checksum, and then delete the existing installation and install the new version. There's a lot of friction in that upgrade process. Even if I write a script to try to automate most of it, it would be fairly brittle. Something as simple as
brew upgrade…2 votes -
Proton Docs "View only" should enable comment section
We should be able to share a doc to someone without a proton account and let them comment without a login.
Is it possible?2 votes -
Cape mobile carrier
"Cape is a mobile carrier designed with privacy and security as major considerations". They "partner with proton to provide their subscribers with Proton unlimited". Do you think that in the feature Proton will also partner with them to provide Proton subscribers access to their network?
2 votes -
Ability to categorize email aliases
Scrolling through the long list of aliases is cumbersome. The ability to group by category, possible with some visual separation either by grouping or color or icon category would make this easier to use and more functional.
3 votes -
See through all ideas
There are lots of ideas here on the platform. Many have already been implemented. Perhaps we should go through all the users' ideas and mark those that have already been implemented as completed with a link to the documentation page. That would save a lot.
15 votes -
Feature Request: Quick Language Toggle Button in Proton Docs Toolbar
Hello Proton Team,
I love using Proton Docs for its privacy and security, but I’ve encountered a workflow friction point when writing in mixed languages (specifically Danish and English).
The Issue: Currently, changing the spell-check/autocorrect language requires navigating deep into the global account settings (Settings → All settings → Language and time). For users who frequently switch between languages within the same session or document, this is disruptive and breaks the writing flow.
The Request: Could you please add a quick-access language toggle button directly to the Proton Docs formatting toolbar?
Proposed Functionality:
…A small dropdown or icon in the4 votes -
calendar highlight current day
Have an option to make the current day more visible. This is an accessibility request.
I find it really hard to see which day Is highlighted.5 votes -
I really hate the new popup-style search bar. It moves the search bar out of my field of view and away from my mouse. MacOS computer.
Let me edit my search without having to chase it all over my screen by removing the pop-up feature.
2 votes -
2 classes of passwords, one with master password one without masterpassword
2 (or more) classes of passwords. One set requiring Master password one set NOT requiring Master Password.
local logins to IOT devices locked down to local network don't need high security. OR even 2 or more groups with different Master passwords5 votes -
The Power of Consistency Over Hype
Quantron AI changed the way I approached crypto investing. Instead of making emotional decisions, I relied on a structured AI-powered framework. Starting with $30,000, I advanced through the platform's challenges and eventually joined the Whales Club. My portfolio later exceeded $2.0 million, with my most recent withdrawal totaling $500,000. The experience taught me the importance of patience and discipline.
2 votes -
Make Proton Docs searchable
Add the function to search inside proton docs.
16 votes -
Address Aliases
First of all, I love the email aliases future, because I'd rather not put my email on every single site I have to sign up for, and it's always as easy as removing the email if I don't want to receive emails from them anymore.
However, a very big issue I have all the time is certain sites that want you to enter your street address. This is especially annoying for sites you don't trust but that you have to sign up for and create an account if you want to make any digital purchase.
This idea came to my…3 votes -
Add Self Hosted Video Conferencing Support to Proton
It would be useful to have a self hosted video conferencing option that gives Proton users more control over their meetings and data. This could be helpful for teams and organizations that prefer to host video calls on their own servers instead of relying entirely on third party platforms.
Solutions such as MirrorFly provide self hosted video calling capabilities that could be considered for this type of integration. Some useful features could include:
Self hosted deployment
Secure video and audio calls
Group video meetings
Screen sharing
Chat during meetings
User and access management
Custom branding and configuration
Support for web…2 votes -
Add "Move existing conversation to a Project" feature
Background
Projects were introduced with Lumo 1.3 to centralize conversations, files, and instructions around a specific topic. It's a great feature for maintaining context and working in an organized way.
However, there is currently no way to move an existing conversation into a Project. This limitation makes Projects useless for any work started before they existed, and forces users to lose the historical context of their exchanges.
Why this is critical
Context loss: A Project should gather all discussions related to a topic. Without being able to migrate older conversations, the Project remains incomplete and Lumo cannot access the…
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?