How can we improve ProtonMail?

Can we short the "protonmail" name?

Just like when Google started with the Gmail service, back then it was @googlemail, which is not so good compared with the short @gmail name.
What if ProtonMail stars something like "@pmail.com"?

650 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LL shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tomtom commented  · 

awesome i love this idea!! i love protonmail just wish we had shorter end name....my idea was buy promail.com and let us have that as a option..
        or just 1 of 2 or 3 options with shorter back names

• LL commented  · 

Amazing! I really, really like @pm.me. It's short, easy and catchy!

• TT commented  · 

When I see pm.me it makes me think it's asking someone to private message you. For business purposes I find it a bit unprofessional. If the domain was proton.com it would circulate protonmail making others aware of more email options out there.

• LeonardoLeonardo commented  · 

@pm.me is not so good solution, sounds terrible ... I prefer @pmail.ch, @pmail.com, @pm.com, @pm.ch, you should make a poll

• Anonymous commented  · 

Like admin@pm.me ? I will tell you that when I had my Apple mail using the "me" as Apple used it, I had a lot of bizarre comments about it from people to the point I stopped using it. Also, I will tell you major corporations and networking companies don't want anything but top-level domains as anything else is considered "unprofessional" and questionable security wise.

I think this isn't likely a good alternative, at least not for most customers.

• kaka commented  · 

proton.ch, proton.com, proton.mail really sound great

• JZJZ commented  · 

Simon, thanks.... will take a little getting use to (.me), but what better way to become that much better, than to be an innovator.

youremail@pm.me

As I'm putting in my email to post I'm already thankful.... now all I need in Proton is to be able to open in tabs and I'll be fine.

• Thomas JackThomas Jack commented  · 

pmail is too hilarious to take seriously. I would never send something from that domain.

• Redowan NafiRedowan Nafi commented  · 

They acquired a two letter extension and tweeted about that recently? Didn't disclose the actual name.

• davedave commented  · 

the "mail" part is kind of redundant in a way. everyone and their grandmother would recognise name@site as email because of the @ symbol, so something like @proton.com would be alright

but if the .mail domain was available then "@proton.mail" would only be one character longer than .com so that wouldnt be too bad in that case

i dont find "protonmail.ch" to be much of a problem tbh... chrome can autofill it when you are putting it into some text boxes. if not then just use something like autohotkey to make a hotstring that will type it when you type "pmail"
        most keyboards on mobile should be able to autofill the address for you as well

• GrahamGraham commented  · 

promail.com would sound better

• TerrawinTerrawin commented  · 

@promail.com would be nice.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base