Proton Mail & Calendar
973 results found
-
calendar show location
Currently events only show the title in the web calendar. It would be great if they also showed the location. I have taken to adding locations to the event title but that is wonky since there is a location field.
Thanks!1 vote -
Clickable Week Numbers
Make week numbers clickable everywhere and have them open the view of that week.
2 votes -
Allow any email alias to be used when SMTP Submission is authenticated.
Problem Statement
The current SMTP submission authentication system in Proton Mail & Calendar requires users to authenticate with the exact email address they're sending from. This creates unnecessary complexity and limitations for power users and developers who need flexibility in email handling.Current Limitations
Single authentication constraint: Users must authenticate with the same email address they're sending from
Token management overhead: Requires creating separate aliases and tokens for each service that needs to use different email aliases
Multi-user environment issues: Particularly problematic in systems like Ubuntu where different user accounts (root vs. logged-in user) have different usernames
Developer workflow disruption:…4 votes -
how do I get rid of the 'Primary,social, promotions, and news letters' buttons, i don't like or want them. a big pain!
how do I get rid of the 'Primary,social, promotions, and news letters' buttons, i don't like or want them. a big pain
1 vote -
Mobile client - Respect quoting in replies
When replying to a threaded mail in the mobile client, I expect the threading indicators (>) to be respected. This works fine in the desktop client, but in the mobile client, the threading isn't respected, so when I try to reply to a message, the last sender's mail doesn't have the '>' symbol in front of their text, and previous replies are not incremented to >> or whatever.
This makes it impossible to use the mobile client to respond to long mail threads without manually going through all of the text and editing the thread indicators, which is crazy.3 votes -
See ongoing and completed folder actions
At present when you perform a bulk action (eg moving many emails from one folder to another) while this is still in progress the folder/label shows a banner saying "Message actions in progress. This may take a while." I would like a central place in settings to see what actions are currently in progress and when they have completed. This is particularly important when setting up filters and applying them to existing emails.
Eg I moved all emails from "facebook" to a particular folder, then moved all facebook emails regarding events to a sub-folder, at present it is very difficult…
5 votes -
2 votes
-
In the new categories, please add "all mail" as an option
Right now, categories are all separate. You need to look from one to another to another. I just want my old inbox as an option, where everything is available at one time.
2 votes -
Thriftyevents Guest post link insert
https://uploadarticlenow.com/thriftyevents-guest-post-link-insert/ shows up in some SEO marketplaces as a guest-post and link-insert opportunity, often listed under a celebrity niche alongside broad "all premium niches accepted" claims. Before ordering, treat any listed domain authority figure as marketplace information rather than a permanent measure of quality — it says nothing about actual traffic, readership, or editorial standards. The stronger signals worth checking directly are whether the site publishes original, regularly updated content, whether your topic genuinely fits its audience, and whether outbound links look natural rather than dominated by unrelated commercial placements.
Whether you're considering a full guest post (a new article…
1 vote -
Remove in-app adverts
Please remove the adverts that are starting to appear in Proton Mail. I object to these as a paid subscriber. If you wish to promote items you should offer a marketing email option which users can opt out of.
This is too intrusive and distracting, and it certainly won't result in me referring friends or opting into additional services.
1 vote -
reconcile differences between proton contacts and google contacts
I have used the import feature to bring contacts from google contacts into proton contacts. I still need google contacts for phone calls, however. The issue is that when a contact changes, I have to update both locations.
I'd like to suggest adding a reconcile differences feature that could compare the 2 contact lists, and allow the user to merge/edit differences.
10 votes -
Add "description" for "my addresses"
Please add a "description" column under "my addresses" so we can label what each email address is being used for. This seems like an easy fix. Thanks!
26 votes -
Allow users to generate separate SMTP credentials to enable secure third-party integration
Note: This is a different request than the similar SMTP Token customization.
Problem Statement
Currently, Proton Mail (including Proton Bridge) uses the same authentication credentials for both receiving and sending email. This creates a security risk when integrating third-party services:
Single Point of Failure: Any service with my credentials can send emails from my account No Safe-by-Design Option: Even if I instruct an AI agent not to send, there's no technical enforcement Least-Privilege Violation: Services that only need to read/process mail shouldn't have send capabilityUse Cases
…AI Email Assistants: Sort, prioritize, summarize incoming mail without send risk Automation Scripts:3 votes -
Allow organizational admins to disable mail forwarding
Currently, anyone within an organization could set up mail forwarding and send all their communications to an insecure email, essentially exfiltrating company data. As an organizational admin, I would like to disable this for security reasons. I think this setting could live near the 2fa/mfa settings so that as an admin, I can lock down this functionality.
3 votes -
Add the day of the week to the calendar quickview sidebar
Hi, a real simple enhancement that will help loads. In the calendar sidebar in the mail app please add the day of the week to the date. So, at the top is says "Wednesday, 14 Jan 2026" etc. rather than just "14 Jan 2026". It'll help ensure we get appointments, etc in on the right day.
7 votes -
To Proton Developers
"Keep it Simple". Adding duplication to each line of email is exactly that, duplication. The icon for an attachment is already shown to the far right. Why add an additional line show what it is in the email description?
I hate this, please, please, please give me the option to Turn It Off!
1 vote -
"Add to Existing Filter" Function
As I have been building out a fairly deep organizational structure using the "Filter" feature, I would like to bring up one thing to potentially add. I have seen similar idea posts on here but hopefully this is a quick and easy to implement solution.
When an email comes in that has a slight difference that goes outside the filters already set, I would like an "Add to Existing Filter" function through any of the emails I open.
Example:
1. Open an email in "Inbox"
2. Click the "Filter On" button which already shows:
- Subject
- Sender
- Recipient…1 vote -
Move entire thread/conversation to folder
Unless I'm missing something I often find the "move to folder" function does not work because the message is part of a thread.
I have to mark every contribution for movement! It would be helpful to have the option to move the whole thread to a folder in one action (this seems so obvious that I suspect I've missed it somehow).1 vote -
Be able to easily re-order folders
Self explanatory
3 votes -
Automatic time parsing for new calendar events
When creating a new event in the calendar, any time written in the event header should automatically be put as the time for the event. The given time should then be removed from the header of the event.
Example #1: If an event is made with the header "Hairdressers 17:15" then the starting time for the event should be automatically set to 17:15 (on 24H systems) with a standard duration time of 1 hour. The header for the event in the calendar should then be just "Hairdressers" with the given starting time.
Example #2: Similarily, if an event is made…
11 votes
- Don't see your idea?