Proton Mail & Calendar
973 results found
-
set time zone manually
Proton mail uses the browser time zone for all events and there is not a way to set it manually. I use Librewolf to minimize browser fingerprinting and one of it's features (which is not easy to turn off separately) is that is displays the time zone to websites as Zulu / GMT, instead of local time. This means that calendar events come in with a time shift displayed in email. They are correct in the calendar since Calendar allows you to set the time in the top bar.
3 votes -
5 votes
-
Dedicated Proton Calendar App for MacOS
Instead of using the proton mail app for calendar, have a dedicated proton calendar app for macOS.
In the meantime, or if this is not something Proton wants to pursue, I would appreciate a couple of changes to the proton mail app:
I would like to be able to pick which is the default view when the app is launched to calendar instead of mail.I would also like to be able to two finger swipe left or right to be able to scroll back and forth between different weeks or months or days instead of just having the arrow…
5 votes -
Add option to stop processing email filters
Please add a "stop processing filters" option to the custom filters - to prevent mail that meets the criteria of the first filter with this option enabled being processed by subsequent filters.
For example, if I have a rule that sends email to the trash or spam, I may not want subsequent filters from moving it elsewhere.
11 votes -
Permit Handling of attached files ie ISO 26300 (.odt/ods) open office formats
Protonmail frequently shows an inline file with standard suffix which it states preview is not supported. Many times these files are standard non-proprietary format (ie ISO 26300 or .odt or .ods). Yet, it does support and display proprietary files (ie Microsoft .docx).
This behavior is prejudicial and quite frankly a waste of time, bandwidth and storage to have to download to a temp storage location, find the file and where it was downloaded from LibreOffice/OpenOffice and reopen it.
It would be a straightforward program fix on files flagged as unsupported view types to permit the user to redirect the file…
6 votes -
Modernize/expand the email editor
The email editor should have more formatting functions.
Markdown as input transform to HTML mail with preview function. (This would cover pretty much everything you could need.)
Create and manage tables
More editor functionalities (links from Drive)
Add meetings
Indentation levels (increase/decrease indentation)
The current editor feels like Notepad from Windows 95.
7 votes -
Calendar: when i get a notification email of the event, i want to see the NAME of the event as the email SUBJECT
Calendar: when i get a notification email of the event, i want to see the NAME of the event as the email SUBJECT
5 votes -
Recurring event options
Would it be possible to add options to schedule events relative to other events? e.g. schedule a recurring event to be one week before other event X.
Or to schedule recurring events based on how many weeks before the end of the month?I have a recurring event that is always on the last Thursday of the month, and a related event that is the Tuesday in the week before. I can schedule an event on the last Thursday, but for the second event I cannot get it to schedule correctly. I can put the third Thursday, but that doesn't…
5 votes -
New message on top
Message conversation view - Add option for new message on top vs bottom
14 votes -
Customizable Android notification actions
There are currently three actions on the notification "Archive", "Trash" and "Mark Read". It would be great to be able to customize those such as we already can with the swipe actions.
I for one would never have mark read and archive there, but would add snooze and spam.
3 votes -
Allow undo on android notification quick action
Whenever seeing a notification you have three options "Archive", "Trash" and "Mark read". Clicking any of them will perform the action immediately, but very often I click "Archive" instead of "Trash" (muscle memory from Gmail listing delete as the first option) and it would be nice to undo on the same spot without having to open the app. Other mail apps like the aforementioned gmail allow undoing.
3 votes -
Overhaul of folders and unread email identification
I know there are similar requests in this vain, but I wanted to consolidate ways to deal with the "problem" here.
With the emphasis on aliases and the use of SimpleLogin (or similar) within Proton Mail ("PM"), for those of us that are (to a fault) uber-organized, the sidebar has become a huge list of folders to help manage all the emails from all the aliases. Filters place emails directly into the appropriate folders to be dealt with. In an overkill of organization, subfolders are used as well.
Example: a master folder might be "Travel" and general travel-related emails end…
3 votes -
Improve Calendar UI for more transparency
I migrated my business from M365 to Proton Business. Unfortunately, it’s not really possible to use the calendar for professional work. It would be helpful if you could change the resolution of the calendar view (e.g., hours, 30 minutes, 15 minutes). This would allow you to properly display and read appointments that last only 30 minutes.
3 votes -
Make swiping more fluid, just like in the old Proton Mail app on iOS
In the old version of the Proton Mail app on iOS, you could easily swipe a message to delete it. Now, when you want to delete a message by a quick swipe, it stops and shows you the bin icon. Only when swiping again, or clicking the bin icon, it deletes. This is not as intuitive and by far not as satisfying.
11 votes -
Sharing calendar with non proton users to show a webpage and not to download a .ics
Hey, is this the year 2010 ? Because when I share a calendar and it gives me a link, I'd expect that this links shows the Proton Calendar webapp with my calendar in it. And I can then say if this link is viewer or editor. I don't know, like Google Docs, Proton Docs, Proton Sheets and oh everyone ??
Seriously how is Proton still in the Stone Age where they thought it was an okay thing to have a share link that was a mere « download a .ics » link ??? That freaking baffles me. Proton, get your…
3 votes -
Add a 1 button apply all Filters to existing emails somewhere on the main page.
When creating filters for the first time, you have to either go to the settings menu to create and run them or you have to click the check box of an email > click the move the folder icon > select the folder > select 'Always Move sender's emails'. To apply that filter to past messages, you still have to go into filter settings, and run that 1 filter against the entire inbox.
If someone has a mailbox that they've never organized, this adds a lot of unnecessary back and forth between the Inbox to select an email and create…
3 votes -
Show warning when link text doesn't match destination
I recently sent some emails where I accidentally had a mismatch between link text and the destination itself.
One was where an email link didn't match its target:
alice@example.com (points to: bob@example.com)
I also had another email where the URL was slightly different from what was displayed:
example.com/profile/alice (points to: https://example.com/profile/bob)
I would blame myself for these mistakes, but the hover tooltip shows link text instead of the actual destination, giving a false sense of safety. The fix could be as simple as showing the destination in the tooltip, or adding a confirmation before sending when there's a…
3 votes -
label custom sort
I accidentally pressed the "sort" button for labels and now they are sorted alphabetically. There is no way to undo this...
I would prefer if I could sort by most recent label.
For example I have labels for travels trips. Italy 2023, Italy 2024 etc. but they show up very far down because of alphabetically. Also only the most recent one is important and needs to be accessible.
3 votes -
Dark mode not rendering correctly on mobile
When I use dark mode on the Proton Mail mobile app, it doesn't render certain emails correctly. Specifically it doesn't adjust the background color consistently, so some sections have very low contrast and become unreadable. When I open the same emails on my browser, they render just fine on all the themes. The issue seems specific to mobile. It would be very helpful to have a more consistent experience across mobile and browser. I have kind of given up on opening up emails on mobile for this reason because sometimes I truly can't ready them.
5 votes -
Independence Day in the United States should always be listed on July 4.
Independence Day in the United States should always be listed on July 4. There is no "observed" day for Independence Day.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?