Skip to content

Proton Mail

397 results found

1. Desktop email notification opens the message

When you click an email notification on the desktop, go to (or open) PM desktop and open the message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove temporary alias limit "Too many aliases created recently"

I'm transitioning from 1Password and iCloud+... There are a lot of limitations with ProtonPass, but the biggest one is encountering an error message that reads "Too many aliases created recently" when changing iCloud aliases to Proton ones.
    The goal would be to lift this conditional and allow as many aliases whenever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unlimited custom domain forwarding addresses

TLDR: ProtonMail offers you to pay them to provide THEIR E-MAIL SERVICE on YOUR OWNED DOMAIN and then acts like they own your domain and limit the amount of addresses you can use on your property. Custom addresses need to be unlimited.

——————————————————

ProtonMail is an E-MAIL SERVICE PROVIDER.
    As a base service, they let you taste test how it feels to choose them as your trusted E-Mail service provider. They will provide you an E-Mail from one of THEIR domains, where they provide the E-Mail service for themselves. As they do this for free, they will limit you to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gmail Selection Mechanic of Mail

Under the Inbox header, where all of your emails are located, I would like to be able to move up and down on my arrow keys and automatically display the email content over on the biggest pane. Currently, you are able to move up and down with the arrow keys over your mail but only hover over the little preview of it. In order to display it over on the biggest pane, one has to actually click or select on it which could be simplified by just defaulting to showing the selected preview's mail content on the biggest pane when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove Sentry

All or most Proton apps bundle Sentry. This is allegedly for crash reporting only, but Sentry can do way more than that (e.g. profiling for performance, seeing how users navigate the UI and where they get stuck). I would like to see Sentry removed.

Proton's entire business is staked on privacy. However, telemetry software like Sentry is fundamentally incompatible with user privacy. As a user, it is not feasible to thoroughly vet what every tracker is actually collecting, especially because this can change at any time. The best way to reliably avoid unwanted data collection is to exclusively use apps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customize iOS notifications (with filters)

Currently I get an IOS notification every time an email comes in. The vast majority of my emails don't need an immediate response, but a few do. I would like to only get a notification on the IOS app if an email triggers a specific filter.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow download only option for PDFs

When it was requested, you did not give us the opportunity to preview PDFs, you FORCED us to preview them. I do not and never want to preview PDFs, as I ONLY use my pdf software to view PDFs. Now, you MUST preview it before you download it. I have had nothing but problems by closing protonmail entirely due to your poor interface with the PDF previewer closer when I try to close the PDF, I keep hitting the "close preview window" button, but it's also the "close PM" button. I frankly hate this new "feature," which borders on a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send encrypted email without password (user clicks a link to respond)

Why can you only send a Password-protected Emails? It should be optional for receiver to just click a link. That way its easier for them, and the secure message can still expire..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shorten 'Message sent' notification in Android app

The dialog box lingers for way too long after sending/forwarding a message, causing a long wait to access the delete and other buttons at the bottom of the app. Please enable user to suppress, reposition, tap through the box to shorten the display time. Same with 'message deleted'. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize favorite labels in reading action menu

In the web application when reading an email there is an action menu for the email on the screen: "mark as read/unread, move to folder, move to trash, label, filter, etc.".

I would like to be able to choose some favorite labels and have them show up on this menu bar so I don't have to hunt for them in the label menu. Likewise you could use a simple algorithm to show the commonly used labels here as well. I have a lot of labels but tend to apply some frequently and don't have easy logic to be able to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ProtonMail leaks my real address when replying to alias received mail and use BCC

1. I have created an email alias in Proton Pass for Firefox.
    2. I have sent an email to this alias (from different provider) and inside ProtonMail (opened in web browser Firefox) replied that e-mail. During replying, I have also added my other external e-mail into BCC field.
    3. I have received an anonymized reply to main address to which I was replying, good. But the copy sent to BCC address was NOT anonymized.

I think that when i want to remain private under alias, the privacy should be complete, not revealing my real address when BCC or CC(not tested). Will you consider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better Command Palette

As a heavy keyboard user I was happy to see you have a command palette via ⌘ + K. Only to be disappointed by it's small feature set.

Would be nice to have more actions inside the command palette:

• Move message to folder
    • Label message
    • Go to folder

And anything else that you can currently do via a shortcute or via UI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Android app: show all copied emails by default in replies

In the new Android app (which is great, btw), when I click "Reply All" to an email, by default it only shows the "To" field. "Cc" and "Bcc" are hidden by default, which is fine...unless there are recipients hidden on the Cc line. Right now if you Reply All to an email there is no indication at all on the draft screen that others are on copy unless you click the little arrow to expand the Cc options. This can (and has already, for me) create situations where you might send an email without noticing there are additional people on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export mailbox as a single file (similiar to PST)

Currently Proton Mail is exporting every mail as a single file as eml and also json files. It would be much better if it can export whole mailbox as a single file, similar or same as PST.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use vector graphics in official Proton emails (rather than rasterized)

At the bottom of almost every email is a list of all the graphic assets used in the body, of which need to be authorised for viewing before display (unless on a white list).

Why not scrap all of that in your own advertisement emails by using vector based graphics, of which almost all of the assets are anyway.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't show number of Snoozed emails

Displaying a count on the Snooze folder is contradictory to the purpose of a Snooze folder.

1) The purpose of snoozing an email is so that it clears (currently) unnecessary clutter from the interface and from the mind. The count however is constantly reminding use of stuff we want to (temporarily) forget.

2) The purpose of a count is to make sure we don't overlook a mail. This is achieved with a snoozed email by it reappearing in the inbox - there's no need for a second mechanism.

Fwiw, personally I think most folders should have counts (e.g., spam and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto forwarded emails should be in the sent email folder of the sender

Auto forwarded messages have an additional header, but this doesn't help the sender at all to confirm that an email was actually forwarded. Most senders like me are second guessing that emails are truly forwarding and it would be nice if the receipt of the sent email is listed instead of always confirming with the recipient that they received the email.

Thank you for the consideration to this need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. workstation/laptop Mail

The mobile Mail app supports multiple users without relogging in. It would be very helpful if this feature existed on Win /MacOS as well. I have multiple domains under multiple users and this is less efficient than the Google version that I transferred from

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show total number of emails in folders

Please add functionality to view total number of emails in a specific folder and total number of selected email.

It could be something similar to google implementation.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Undo" button next to confirmation that a message was archived or deleted.

Currently, when I archive or delete a message in the Proton Mail app, it confirms with a bottom ribbon that the message was processed. I would like that message to have an "Undo" button/link next to it, in case I archived/deleted it by mistake.

This happens often with swipe gestures, and would be a quick/easy way to recover from it without having to go hunt it down in the Trash or All Mail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base