Skip to content

Proton Mail

1076 results found

1. Import own OpenPGP subkeys only

Allow users to import just the encryption and signing subkeys, without the OpenPGP master key.

Users can generate new subkeys just for Proton Mail. The scope of the keys becomes limited. Independent revocation becomes possible. The keys are exported to keyservers under the user's own identity. Proton Mail becomes part of the decentralized web of trust.

No impact on Proton Mail's usability. Users can still use the keys generated on the servers. Advanced users gain the option to maintain full and exclusive control over their OpenPGP identity while benefiting from Proton Mail's services.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. default

A recent added web version requires the user to select an application - mail, calendar, drive, VPN, password vault. It would be nice to set a default application to bypass the selection process. I have link set to login to each of my accounts. Now, I have to select the mail app before proceeding.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CSS: Darken the seperator in the e-mail overview window (Carbon theme)

Hi,

I often use Stylish as an extension to modify small things on web pages that I visit often, to change the CSS slightly.

One thing that really bothered me in the dark theme on the web version is that the line separator between e-mails is slightly too bright. The high contrast made the e-mail subjects less pleasant to read, so I decided the darken it a little bit, still providing it's utility as a separator whilst also letting the subjects of each e-mail conversation be better readible, causing less eye-strain.

CSS:

.toolbar:not(.toolbar--in-container) {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #211e2d;
    }

.border-top…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send Attachments to ProtonDrive

An option to send attachments on emails directly to Proton Drive, rather than having to download them, and then head to Proton Drive to upload them.

Possibly a menu option under a right-click on the attachment? Or perhaps a button shown in that preview window when clicking on an attachment? - Something like that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pinned left side composer

Hello!
    I need a composer pinned on the left side, this is very convenient for me, so I see the message on the right and can write a response while reading a large message.
    Now the composer can be moved to the left, but it does not remember this state and every new message I see it on the right side, this is very inconvenient.
    Also, it would be good to expand the composer window on the left to its full height in order to see the text of the message as much as possible.
    It will be enough for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Golden Financial Solutions

Golden Financial Solutions is a trusted financial advisory firm dedicated to empowering clients with personalized strategies for achieving their financial goals. With a focus on transparency, integrity, and expertise, they offer comprehensive services including debt relief, financial planning, and wealth management, ensuring a brighter financial future for their clients.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom domain + email alias directly on ProtonPass/ProtonMail

It would be great if we could create email aliases using our custom domain directly through ProtonPass. I know this can be done via SimpleLogin, but thinking about a family plan where a spouse or children would use the service, it's complicated to deal with privacy education by asking them to use one portal to create emails and another to create and manage passwords and logins. Even for personal use, it's much simpler and faster to create aliases through ProtonPass directly via the app or extension.

Along with this, it would also be great if each family member could create…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. easier access to folder notification toggle and/or integration with iOS focus profiles

My motivation for this post is I want an easy way to turn off and on notifications for specific folders at different times throughout the day, either manually or on an automated schedule. Im using iOS.

A less than perfect improvement over the current situation, would be to simply make it easier for folder notifs to be toggled. Currently too many steps are required to toggle notifications for a folder. would be nice if the toggle switches were right there on the main interface so that toggling notifications for a folder was just a fast as tapping the folder to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email übersetzten - Email translate

Hi,

bei eM-Client liebe ich die Funktion "Email übersetzten".
    Das wünsche ich mir auch bei Proton :)

Gruß, Mario

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implement the "Choose" function

In the Identity and addresses/Display name and signature/E-mail address section, implement the "choose" function, so as to force the choice of the address from which to send the e-mail, avoiding sending errors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable keyboard shortcuts messages list (Proton Mail app for Mac)

Currently when users click a message in the messages list of the Proton Mail app for Mac, then press a keyboard button, the keyboard press applies to the message in the preview pane, rather than the messages list pane. Key examples:
    * Selecting a message in the messages list and pressing down arrow begins to scroll that message's preview in the preview pane, rather than jumping to the next message in the message list
    * Pressing Delete while a message is selected does not move the message to trash, it attempts to trigger a 'delete' action in the preview pane…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically move emails to folders

It would be great if it was possible to configure the automatic movement of incoming messages to certain folders.

For example, set up automatic movement to a folder based on the sender or keywords from the subject of the message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create Preview Pane to Read and Action an Email Without Opening It

Please add a Preview Pane that allows a user to both read and action (delete, move, mark as read, etc.) an email without opening it. This functionality is available in both Gmail and Outlook and is an excellent efficiency tool.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include at least the most known fonts from each of the Vox-ATypI classification's 11 fonts families along with a complete coloring palette

I am grateful to Proton for offering everyone safe services who complement Mozilla Firefox to a charm and that both Mozilla & Proton stand to keep Internet as a free and safe shared world resource as its inventor Tim Berners-Lee wanted it to be and I am sincerely grateful for that, I donate to Mozilla sometimes and even have been pondering switching to a Proton Unlimited account to support them because they actually respect us their users and they protect us from greedy corporations and paranoid governments who want to know everything on everyone whereas they are the ones who…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Desktop App High RAM Usage

Is it typical for the desktop app (running on Win10 Pro) to consistently and constantly use 450-500 MB of RAM while idle? If this level of memory usage is expected, can you work on reducing it? For comparison, two instances of Firefox, each with multiple tabs open, averages 600-700 MB of RAM when idle on my machine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Easy way to switch spellchecking language in desktop App for multilingual users

How about implementing a quick way (shortcut/right click whatever) of switching spellchecking language in desktop App (windows) for multilingual users such as me - I communicate in 4 or 5 different languages and I would love to get rid of the "angry" red squiggly lines under correctly spelled words, and perhaps even some help to avoid occasional typos/spelling mistakes, in the languages that I am less proficient in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore Deleted Items From Trash to Where They Were Deleted From

I accidentally deleted my entire inbox today, thinking it was spam. I was unable to cancel the operation so after some time I was hoping to be able to just restore my messages from trash. I needed to move files from trash, to archive, and then from archive to inbox. I may have missed the option in my haste, but I did not see a restore option, and think that would be highly valuable if it does not already exist.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cancel Large Jobs During Run

Some large operations take a significant amount of time. If a button is clicked by accident there is no way to cancel the operation.

E.g. I accidentally moved my entire inbox to trash when I thought I was in the spam folder. There was then no way to easily restore emails so I had to move to archive, and then go through each page to move emails back to inbox.

Had I been able to cancel the operation, this wouldn't have taken to long to recover from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ‘Self Destruct’ feature to the mobile apps

This feature is currently available on the desktop app and online. However, it’s not currently available via the mobile apps.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New paid mail tier

I can't find this anywhere else.

There is an enormous difference in both price and features between free proton mail (for individuals) and the paid option.

It would be nice to have an in between option.

For example;

EUR3.99/month with 200GB, 10 email addresses and 1 custom domain.

The current paid option is ERU9.99/month. In Europe or the US this is probably quite reasonable but it is almost AUD200/year.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?