Skip to content

Proton VPN

80 results found

1. Adult content - move out states that Require ID Verification or create safe list of states

Consider moving servers out of states (like Virginia, for example) that require ID verification to access "adult content." Failing that, please allow VPN users to create a list of "safe" states or else to block/opt out of those that aren't safe for online browsing.

Allowing a pre-selected list of states would also be helpful for sites that only operate in certain regions of the U.S. and block access to states where they aren't in business.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Netshield settings for Browser Plugin

I would really love to have the netshield an maybe even the killswitch settings in the VPN Plugin for Browsers. There are some reasons why I dont always have my VPN Client on but I would really love to use the VPN in my Browser all time with all the settings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to exclude free servers (for subscribers)

Somewhere in the settings or connection page, please provide a way for paid subscribers to exclude connecting to FREE servers when not selecting a specific server.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve screen reader support

As a screen reader user it can be fairly tricky tabbing around the interface to get access to all the various sections and areas of the app such as viewing the server list by country. You can get most things done through Windows command prompt which is excellent but for most people it would make life so much easier if screen reader accessability was taken into consideration during development of the app. For that reason I find it quick and simple grabbing server configs from my account using either Openvpn or Wireguard for windows as the interfaces and menues in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exclude unwanted countries from the list of random and fastest servers.

It often happens that in random or fastest mode, a connection is established through servers in countries that are not desirable for many people.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Split tunneling for folders

I would like to have the option to split tunnel folders so that I don't have to add each program individually to the split tunneling list.

For example, I want to add all my Steam games to the split tunneling list (for multiplayer games), with this option I only had to add my Steam library folder to the list.

In this split tunneling folder, there could be an option to exclude some subfolders, so that some games, for example, can still run through the VPN.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unlimited connections

Please give unlimited device connections to Plus subscribers like some competitors do

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change desktop app icon color to indicate connection status

The proton VPN app icon currently shows the connection status by showing a tiny cross sign or a tick, which is hardly noticeable when you have a high-resolution monitor. Changing the icon colour will make it much better. This can even be an option for the user to select the icon they would like to see when the connection is established or disconnected.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better map: individual city markers and country outlines

The server markers on the map can be confusing, especially in very large countries. lt would be nice to have one marker per City, which would also make it easier to find a location closer to yourself in countries like the USA.
    What makes it even more confusing is that there are no country outlines in the desktop (or at least Windows) client. As a result, you often have to guess where each country marker is. One marker per city would help, but even better would be country outlines like in the Android app.
    Another thing that confused me was…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More Toronto Servers

I currently live in Canada and geographically closest servers to me are in Toronto. However, with Toronto having relatively fewer servers and with average server load throughout the day remaining around 70-80% or more, It has become quite frustrating. I'm an 'always-on VPN' user, So I keep on having to check the server load and re-connect to a server with lower load manually (even that is somewhere in 70%+ range), as there is no option to automatically switch server to lower load in IOS yet. This affects me significantly since I have 3 Gbps internet connection.

Please kindly consider adding…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom DNS should be able to be profile-level, not only app-level

I have a custom DNS at home. I still want to use VPN and for the most part, your app allows this via the Custom DNS configuration. However, I need to manually change that whenever I leave home and use VPN elsewhere. It'd be nice if I could quickly choose between two profiles, one that is just proton-managed defaults to use outside my home. The other is one I can choose when I'm at home and want to use my own DNS (i have locally hosted services I'd like to still be able to access, my own domain blocking, etc).…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dedicated IP for personal plans

It is an option for business users and would be a nice add for home users. My wife is sick of all the capchas and blocked sites from the VPN. I have been using Proton mail since 2019 and the unlimited since last year. Had to switch back to mail only until you add the dedicated ip to home users at a reasonable cost.

Thank you for the consideration.

Todd

138 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. LAN subnet allowlist in macOS client

Add an allowlist of LAN subnets for local routing (macOS). I switched from the PC client, which allows a list of allowable private IP addresses to bypass, to the macOS client which only has the generic "Allow LAN Connections" toggle switch. The macOS client has a lot less functionality and customization: It only passes-through on the current local subnet. If you are on a more complicated local network that includes VLANs, for example if you are on the 192.168.0.x side, you cannot go to 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.2 or 172.16.0.2, etc. It would be nice to be given the option for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Profiles: Select Multiple Countries

I would love if there was a way to select multiple country servers for a random pool so when I connect I know I'm connected to one of the preferred countries but a different one each time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More profile customization with independent features (MacOS 13+)

I would love if we could create a profile with different configurable and automatic combinations allowed as well as multi-select options. So for instance say I wanted to connect to a p2p server in whatever country (don't care) I cannot currently just do that, I need to specify P2P then specify a country rather than random or fastest option (for country selection).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Killswitch to be enabled with Split Tunnel

Currently, the app will not allow you to use the Split Tunnel feature if you have the Killswitch enabled. Having migrated from Private Internet Access, I was used to having this possibility with their client and would love to see this in Proton VPN as well.

Having some exceptions configured to bypass the VPN should not completely block the killswitch feature and open the risk of IP leaks.

I would be okay with the VPN app completely killing my bypassed connections as well, it wouldn't even have to be gracefully respecting those. That would just be a nice-to-have.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Android: Smart View (Screen/Mirror Cast)

The Samsung feature called "Smart View" which allows screen casting/screen mirroring your phone to the TV does not work if Proton VPN is enabled despite having the "Smart View" app in the excluded apps list in Proton VPN and despite allowing LAN connections is enabled as well.

Please fix this issue as this feature can and has been done with other VPN providers.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the option to disable the connected taskbar icon overlay

I have a very minimal taskbar with custom icons for everything, and this doesn't fit the theme. I'm sure there's others that have a similar problem and would like to be able to turn off the icon overlay for when connected. I think the option to have only a disconnected overlay or both would be useful too. I'm always using the vpn so the normal state is the one alerting me with an icon and the abnormal one isn't.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unblocking every outbound port on protonvpn's https proxies (web browser addons)

Some websites use a port which is not 80. And, for some reason, those are blocked by ProtonVPN's HTTPS proxies used in their browser addons.
    This is a request for unblocking it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?