Proton Forms
Survey builder alternative like Google Forms for Proton
-
jc1992
commented
I made an account just for this feature. I've been on proton since 2015. Bummed I couldn't afford the lifetime, but have visionary which has been a great value. I really need ability to poll people and leaving to create a strawpoll or google form means I have to spend time elsewhere. Just do it already. PLEASE
-
jj
commented
It's really the small things like this that make me have to dig my Gmail account from the grave :( Forms/Surveys are very useful (and important) to have if Proton wants to act as an alternative to the Google ecosystem, especially for anyone running events, festivals, organizations, etc.
-
zaphod357
commented
without this feature we're still stuck with google
-
関節のパニック commented
please add this as one step closer to completely being able to degoogle our lives
-
user12345
commented
I get it, forms don't sound like a priority, but many of us are hooked into Google just because of these small things. And forms are definitely one.
-
Becca Hammond commented
please add this one!!!!
-
greazeball
commented
The spreadsheets are really missing this method of data entry. Without some kind of form it really limits their functionality for me.
-
bells
commented
Similar to Google Forms, it would synergize well for e-mailing and communicating with peers, it's commonly utilized in business, workplace, and communities. There are people that often need to make forms, imagine if they found one available under Proton's ecosystem.
Recipients would provide their e-mail address for permission to access forms, but they should not need to register or log-in to take the survey.
-
FeatureMonkey
commented
Basically an end-to-end encrypted alternative to generating forms and conduct surveys with an option to export collected data to Proton docs/sheets or third-party services like Notion, Airtable.
-
reid
commented
I would absolute use this on both of my paid accounts, and have several clients that would be more interested in migrating to Proton from Google if this was a feature offered.
-
Cynthia
commented
I rely heavily on forms for my work as an educator and entrepreneur. I would much rather be using a secure and private source for forms vs. Google Forms. Hoping Proton can consider adding this feature soon!
-
Sam
commented
As an educator, I rely on forms for student surveys, parent communications, permission slips, registrations, and feedback collection. Google Forms has become the default tool in education, despite often being used to collect sensitive information about students and families.
A Proton Forms product would fill a genuine gap in the market by providing schools and educational organizations with a privacy-respecting alternative that is easy to use and widely accessible. Given how frequently forms are used in education, this would be one of the most practical and impactful additions to the Proton ecosystem.
-
FCG
commented
Our company operates primarily online, and I have recently begun migrating my practice from Google’s ecosystem to Proton’s. I also plan to transition from Google Meet to Proton Meet.
The one major missing piece is a secure form builder comparable to Google Forms. All new clients are required to complete an order form, and their responses are automatically captured and organized in a spreadsheet. This workflow is a core part of our operations. A Proton Forms solution would allow me to manage the entire client journey within Proton—email, calendar, documents, storage, meetings, and client forms—without relying on external services.
Beyond my own business needs, I believe this represents a significant opportunity for Proton. Google Forms remains deeply entrenched, and to my knowledge there is no widely adopted, privacy-first alternative that offers the same level of simplicity, convenience, and integration.
Every day, people are asked by businesses, healthcare providers, schools, community organizations, and countless other institutions to submit sensitive personal information through Google Forms. Much of that information is private and should not have to be shared with Google by default.
A Proton Forms product would provide a genuinely privacy-respecting alternative for both organizations and individuals. It would strengthen Proton’s ecosystem, help professionals manage their entire workflow within a single privacy-focused platform, and address a real privacy problem that affects millions of people every day.
-
Robin
commented
I use forms sometimes. Need those forms to be secure.
-
dan
commented
I've been wondering: why hasn't Proton created Proton Forms yet? I really miss not having to rely on this Google tool, particularly because there's no equally good alternative available. It's still widely used (especially in academic settings here in Brazil, and I imagine elsewhere in the world too), and I'm frustrated that there's no way to at least safeguard such sensitive data.
Just throwing this out there as a suggestion for Proton's next product :)
-
MP
commented
Having a survey builder alternative (like Google Forms) would get me to use Proton as well as several other people I know!
-
Ivana Cavallo commented
I am a psychotherapist who works mostly online, and I have just begun migrating my practice from Google to Proton’s ecosystem. I also plan to move from Zoom to Proton Meet.
The one major missing piece for my private practice is a secure form-builder equivalent to Google Forms. All new clients are required to complete an intake form before beginning therapy, so having Proton Forms would make it possible for me to manage the full client journey within Proton — email, calendar, documents, storage, meetings, and client forms.
For privacy-conscious professionals working with sensitive information, a Proton Forms product would be incredibly valuable.
-
Franz
commented
I think this is a timely and important feature for many people to have proton forms.
-
AMJ
commented
i'm finally making the full shift from tebot (that evil behemoth over there) & this is the last thing i need to make things complete for my psychotherapy practice. even better for it to be able to work with the calendar & booking pages.
-
Garreth Baldwin commented
This would literally be the last thing to fully transition my entire business to Proton. Almost 2 years later and still no sign of it though.