app specific password for programatic drive access
I am using MFA to access Proton services.
I am testing Proton Drive as a backup solution, using rclone to send nightly deltas of a folder to the drive. This needs MFA, though, so it breaks after a while.
Could you add app-specific--passwords so that this can be achieved, without using MFA for this, but still keeping MFA for normal access?
Thank you.
-
Pierre
commented
This is critical!!! At this point our bigboy password needs to sit at rest in a file on a server just to sync what it does. I have the server locked down but its not right.
My current solution, which I am pretty proud of, is a second free account and the password sits there syncing to it without MFA. Then I share that folder with full rights to my main account. It just works and I see it all under "Shared with me".
Not ideal but hey it works
-
Wizard4_Uncorrupt2
commented
Especially the Drive SDK should allow for this, since that will likely increase the number of third-party programs that access Drive.
Cryptographically, it shouldn't be significantly different than shared links that only allow access to a single folder
-
slisd2
commented
Is there any other way you suggest that we can do this?
I mean, programmatic access to drive as a backup solution?
Id rather not pay google or apple for their storage and I'm already paying proton. -
Privacy101 commented
That would be a bit awkward due to the E2E. Would require a seperate public/private key which might slow down account.