Lumo
612 results found
-
Theme
I understand that this isn’t a priority right now, but in the long term it would be great to let Lumo have the same themes that are offered in the other Proton products (Mail, Drive..). (Lumo with Ebony would be beautiful 😍)
3 votes -
The ability to set a permanent but editable preamble that is always considered by Lumo+ at the start and during each chat.
I have recently moved from ChatGBT over to Lumo+ and I noticed some differences. Lumo+ under it's current configuration isn't nearly as accurate as Chat. Yes, Chat can get you up the wrong tree at times, but not as much as Lumo. One thing that I think that helped with Chat is the the ability to create a general header for how I wanted Chat to operate which included instructions about accuracy, depth, reply style, and whether to resort to the web to get latest information about softwre updates on things like Home Assistant and Raspberry Pi. With Chat I…
3 votes -
Rich text in the Calendar
It would be great if the "Description" field in the Calendar entries would be rich text, like Google Calendar offers. That way, we can copy text and paste with formats like bold, underline, etc. etc.
3 votes -
I want to be able to use Lumo using the latest Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) version
I want to be able to use Lumo using the latest Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) version, so that I can continue to use Lumo on my company notebook that does not support other browser brands.
Since yesterday (1 Nov 2025) I receive a message that says "Unsupported browser". There has been no communications to inform us that the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) version will no longer be supported. Our browser version is fully up-to-date, at the time of writing it is 115.29.0 Firefox ESR October 14, 2025 and no newer version of Firefox ESR has been released at…
3 votes -
Custom shortcut/alias/abbreviation for a frequently used queries/prompts
It happens that your Lumo question is long and used repeatedly while minor part of the question is variable. For example:
Translate "string here" to spanish.Instead of needing to always write this sentence, i would like to setup custom shortcut, for example:
t2sp paste here the phrase i would like to translate to spanishThere would have to be some page, where i can manage all shortcuts (search/filter, sort). And it should not require learning/remembering any complicated syntax. Intuitive, layman friendly.
Similar feature request: https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/932842-lumo/suggestions/50578022-lumo-system-prompt
3 votes -
Lumo system prompt
When I ask Lumo for help, I have to always give instructions how it should respond, otherwise it may generate an undesired huge response for rather simple questions. Having an ability to predefine a system prompt to influence this behaviour is in my opinion a required feature. This feature could be also expanded to have several system prompts to choose from at the beginning of a conversation.
3 votes -
Security
Changes to all existing idieas replace with a save and more secure one
3 votes -
Last Day of Month Events
Recurring events on calendar - ability to choose the last day of the month. I tried choosing the 31st of the month, but on days that don't have 31 days, the event just disappeared, rather than adjusting to the last day.
3 votes -
Please have a text to voice function at the end of each message.
Please have a text to voice function at the end of each message. Every other AI incorporates this and it reads the text back to you. It helps people with disabilities or if you are driving and trying to pay attention to the road. This way you can voice to text to Lumo and get text to voice back. Thanks!
2 votes -
Custom event time zones in Proton Calendar
I have been traveling more, and I would like to book work and personal events in their respective time zones. I have my current primary time zone as Central U.S. (Chicago), but a secondary time zone doesn't really make sense for short trips to other time zones. An example is I booked a museum tour at a specified time in London, UK next year. I would like to add it with the 12:00 at London 0 GMT. And then let's say I book a dinner reservation in Washington, DC for my trip this week. I could make it 6:00 pm…
2 votes -
Subthread creation from highlighted response, pinning, pruning, editing, model changing.
A fractal of subthreads started from a response.
Tree navigation, Pruning, and editing.
Subthread PinningG
I understand this is complex,
I'de rather have it slow and capable, instead of not at all.2 votes -
**Feature Request: Research Integration & Source Transparency**
Feature Request: Research Integration & Source Transparency
As an engineering professional using Lumo for medical/pharmacological research, I'm requesting:
1. Research-database integration for web search: Preprint servers (medRxiv, bioRxiv), clinical trial registries (NCT database), and PubMed with full-text retrieval—not just consumer health pages. Current gaps hurt real-world workflows (e.g., GLP-1 titration research misses >1 year of data).
2. Visible source trail: Inline citations linking claims to specific retrieved passages so technical users can audit responses faster.
3. Fresher model training: April 2024 cutoff creates systematic lag in fast-moving domains like pharmacology and longevity science. Request more frequent retraining cadence.
4. Domain-aware…
2 votes -
Double click to edit
Coming from other calendar apps, I find myself always double clicking the event to edit it, this would be a super nice little feature that saves time and clicks :)
2 votes -
Think and respond in the user's English variant, with full regional settings for Lumo (units, currency, time zones + more)
Lumo has language selection, but no regional settings governing how it formats measurements, currency, dates and times in its responses, or how it reasons within them. For users outside the US this is constant friction. Critically, these settings should shape how Lumo thinks, not just how it writes: drafting a document in British English should mean composing it in British English from the first word, rather than generating American English and converting the spelling afterwards.
Requested options, ideally as one Region preference with independent sub-settings:
English variants with full grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and idiom rules (en-GB, en-AU, en-NZ, en-IE, en-CA,…
2 votes -
Lumo search/conversation widget
I would like to have a Lumo search/conversation bar widget (like Google search widget) in order to access Lumo faster from home screen.
2 votes -
Transparency Gap in Lumo — Model Disclosure Consistency Issue
Dear Proton Team,
I'm writing as a supporter of Proton's privacy mission who deeply appreciates what you've built with Lumo. The zero-access encryption architecture, European datacenter infrastructure, and commitment to keeping conversations off training pipelines are exactly what the AI privacy space needs. However, I've identified a significant inconsistency in transparency that undermines this otherwise exceptional privacy-first positioning.
THE CORE ISSUE
Currently, Proton markets Lumo as using "open-source language models" without disclosing which specific base models or model families power the service. This creates a transparency gap between your stated values and your actual disclosure practices.
WHAT IS CURRENTLY DISCLOSED:…
2 votes -
Farb-Funktion gratis zur Verfügung stellen bitte
Hallo,
wäre es möglich die Farbfunktion von Kalenereinträgen kostenlos zur Verfügung zu stellen, bitte? Es hört sich etwas absurd an, wenn ich mit Leuten über Alternativen zu Google Produkten (u.a. Kalender) rede und ich dann erklären muss, dass man für das Einfärben von Kalendereinträgen 5€ im Monat zahlen muss. Im google Kalender geht das einfach und gratis. Es ist somit halt echt schwer mit dem begrenzten Funktionsumfang von Proton Kalender Leute zum Umsteigen zu bewegen...
Deshalb meine Bitte: Stellt die Farb-Funktion von Kalendereinträgen bitte gratis zur Verfügung, vielen Dank.2 votes -
Real Life Meca Lumo
I found out how may of the small robots, with raspberry (<- mini pc) and such exist.
It supports many of the other ais. And i can't help but want a cat like this:)))
After all... can you Imagen if, despite having an ai, as a mini robot, seeing and talking and more with you, it's still 100% privacy? (i am not taking in account crimes and similar as per limitation of what 100% privacy means).
For Proton: i don't know how they work but if the little robot can be compatible with Lumo, then we can take it from…
2 votes -
Lumo iOS Search function
Sometimes during a long session, you want to get back to particular answers that you need to keep on working right now the only way to do this is to either scroll through the whole session manually or copy paste, the answer to a new document which is somewhat cumbersome
2 votes -
Responsive chat width when sidebars are collapsed
🧩 Problem
When I collapse the left sidebar and the files panel, the chat area stays narrow.
Since the chat content isn't responsive, the conversation remains constrained to a
fixed (narrow) width, wasting the freed screen space.This makes it harder to work with:
- 📊 Charts and tables generated in conversations
- 📝 Code blocks / longer lines of text
- 🖼️ Wide images and generated content💡 Proposed Solution
Make the chat container responsive to available width, so when panels
are collapsed, the conversation stretches to use the reclaimed space.Options to consider:
1. Chat width dynamically…2 votes
- Don't see your idea?