Lumo
612 results found
-
Auto-compress images over 10MB on mobile
Modern phone cameras regularly produce photos over 10 MB. When uploading these to Lumo on mobile, I get an error asking me to compress them first. This is really annoying, especially when using the camera directly in the app.
It would be great if Lumo just auto-compressed oversized images in the background instead of blocking the upload. Most people don't want to leave the app, find a compression tool, and come back. Just handle it automatically and keep the quality good enough for analysis.
1 vote -
Connections to Plaud & Other AI/Notes Services
I would really love to see Connections added to Lumo.
Other AI assistants already offer the ability to connect external services and apps, allowing the AI to work with your own notes, documents, and other information.
For example, it would be great if I could connect Plaud to Lumo and ask Lumo questions based on my Plaud notes and transcripts.
I think Connections could make Lumo much more useful as a personal AI while still keeping Proton’s strong focus on privacy.
Some examples could be:
Plaud
Note-taking apps
Cloud storage
Personal knowledge bases
Other services containing my own dataHaving…
1 vote -
Saving and printing a chat without greyish background
I found an alternative to copying a chat without the greyish background on Apple MacOS: if Notes has a white background, copy Lumo chat in Notes, then export to Pages and print from Pages.
That removes the greyish background, but it's still a lot of actions to do for a clear result to be saved or printed.
I hope Proton will offer a simpler solution.
1 vote -
Copy Block for generated Email and COde
When Lumo generate response and if it contain Email or Code, it should be in a block with copy button which i can copy the whole Mail or Code with single click and paste in my mail or IDE.
3 votes -
Please have a text to voice function at the end of each message.
Please have a text to voice function at the end of each message. Every other AI incorporates this and it reads the text back to you. It helps people with disabilities or if you are driving and trying to pay attention to the road. This way you can voice to text to Lumo and get text to voice back. Thanks!
2 votes -
Custom event time zones in Proton Calendar
I have been traveling more, and I would like to book work and personal events in their respective time zones. I have my current primary time zone as Central U.S. (Chicago), but a secondary time zone doesn't really make sense for short trips to other time zones. An example is I booked a museum tour at a specified time in London, UK next year. I would like to add it with the 12:00 at London 0 GMT. And then let's say I book a dinner reservation in Washington, DC for my trip this week. I could make it 6:00 pm…
2 votes -
Subthread creation from highlighted response, pinning, pruning, editing, model changing.
A fractal of subthreads started from a response.
Tree navigation, Pruning, and editing.
Subthread PinningG
I understand this is complex,
I'de rather have it slow and capable, instead of not at all.2 votes -
**Feature Request: Research Integration & Source Transparency**
Feature Request: Research Integration & Source Transparency
As an engineering professional using Lumo for medical/pharmacological research, I'm requesting:
1. Research-database integration for web search: Preprint servers (medRxiv, bioRxiv), clinical trial registries (NCT database), and PubMed with full-text retrieval—not just consumer health pages. Current gaps hurt real-world workflows (e.g., GLP-1 titration research misses >1 year of data).
2. Visible source trail: Inline citations linking claims to specific retrieved passages so technical users can audit responses faster.
3. Fresher model training: April 2024 cutoff creates systematic lag in fast-moving domains like pharmacology and longevity science. Request more frequent retraining cadence.
4. Domain-aware…
2 votes -
Add the option to protect Files and Messages, from the Chat Compaction Routine, by pinning them.
Please add the feature to "pin" files and individual messages (be it user or Lumo messages),
within the scope of one chat,
in order to protect them from summarisation AND deletion..
The reason is clear:
it's AWESOME that we now can continue using one chat for much longer, so that we don't have to interrupt our research or work so often any more.BUT often times during the cleanup, important details, source files or parts of files, get lost to the summarisation.
.
P.s.:
My suggested feature having the scope of one chat would be perfectly fine for me,…
3 votes -
Double click to edit
Coming from other calendar apps, I find myself always double clicking the event to edit it, this would be a super nice little feature that saves time and clicks :)
2 votes -
Think and respond in the user's English variant, with full regional settings for Lumo (units, currency, time zones + more)
Lumo has language selection, but no regional settings governing how it formats measurements, currency, dates and times in its responses, or how it reasons within them. For users outside the US this is constant friction. Critically, these settings should shape how Lumo thinks, not just how it writes: drafting a document in British English should mean composing it in British English from the first word, rather than generating American English and converting the spelling afterwards.
Requested options, ideally as one Region preference with independent sub-settings:
English variants with full grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and idiom rules (en-GB, en-AU, en-NZ, en-IE, en-CA,…
2 votes -
Implementation of sorting options for Projects, Chats within Projects and additional sorting options for All Chats in Lumo (alphabetical as
Thank you to the Lumo team for building and continuing to improve upon such an easy-to-use privacy-respecting assistant, and for Projects in particular, which have become central to how I organise ongoing work.
I would love to see additional sorting options for the Projects list, the Chats within the Projects themselves, and All Chats that have not been assigned to Projects. If possible, these could include:
- Alphabetical order (ascending and descending).
- Manual reordering via drag and drop.
- Retaining the current 'Last updated' and 'Date created' sorting defaults in All Chats for those who prefer them, and adding…5 votes -
Add Lumo integration for Android Auto
I'd like to request official Lumo support for Android Auto. This would enable hands-free voice interaction with Lumo while driving, improving safety and accessibility.
Why This Matters
Currently, accessing AI assistants while driving requires unsafe workarounds (phone screens, third-party apps without privacy guarantees). With Android Auto integration, users could:
- Ask questions hands-free via voice commands
- Get navigation assistance with private AI
- Request summaries, translations, or information without touching the phone
- Keep conversations encrypted end-to-end (proton's core value proposition)
Key Use Cases
| Scenario | Benefit |
|----------|---------|
| Navigation queries | "Where's the nearest charging station?" → Private, no tracking…3 votes -
Custom Lumos usability (quick selection and/or prompt)
In order to make the use of custom Lumos more efficient (I still catch myself prompting instructions every time instead of selecting the relevant custom Lumo) present custom Lumo icons in the tool bar of the prompt window so i can activate them with one click.
Maybe allow to 'pin' certain custom lumos for folks that have too many ...
Mentioned in other posts: a prompt that activates a specific custom lumo would be great too.3 votes -
Lumo search/conversation widget
I would like to have a Lumo search/conversation bar widget (like Google search widget) in order to access Lumo faster from home screen.
2 votes -
Transparency Gap in Lumo — Model Disclosure Consistency Issue
Dear Proton Team,
I'm writing as a supporter of Proton's privacy mission who deeply appreciates what you've built with Lumo. The zero-access encryption architecture, European datacenter infrastructure, and commitment to keeping conversations off training pipelines are exactly what the AI privacy space needs. However, I've identified a significant inconsistency in transparency that undermines this otherwise exceptional privacy-first positioning.
THE CORE ISSUE
Currently, Proton markets Lumo as using "open-source language models" without disclosing which specific base models or model families power the service. This creates a transparency gap between your stated values and your actual disclosure practices.
WHAT IS CURRENTLY DISCLOSED:…
2 votes -
Integrated events into calendar?
It would be amazing to have an integrated toggle for moon phases, holidays, special days like tax day and voting day (country specific).
3 votes -
Make all Project Knowledge files searchable and selectable with @ and selectable with @
When using Lumo Projects with files linked from Proton Drive, all files can appear correctly under Project Knowledge, but only a subset of them is available when typing @ in the chat.
This creates a usability problem: a file may clearly exist in Project Knowledge, yet it cannot be found or explicitly selected through the @ mention interface, even when typing part of its exact filename.
Because Lumo also uses smart retrieval, it is currently difficult to understand whether:
- the file has been fully indexed,
- indexing is still in progress,
- indexing has failed,
- or the @ autocomplete simply shows a…
4 votes -
Enable .ICS file import from https://calendar.proton.me/u/1/ instead of via https://account.proton.me/u/1/calendar/dashboard
Various platforms are used increasingly for video meetings and webinars. When booking, I often receive a .ICS file to download frtom an email, then import into my calendar. Each time, I have to go to my calendar, then select settings, then all settings, then Import/Export. This process takes a long time. Given the frequency of needing to import .ICS files, it would be much faster and easier if it were possible to import it from the Calendar view.
3 votes -
Feature request — Lumo integration with Proton Drive as project context
Hello,
I'd like to propose a feature that would significantly increase Lumo's value for professional users: the ability for Lumo to read files directly from the user's own Proton Drive as conversation context.
The current gap: Lumo works great with individual files pasted or uploaded into a chat, but there is no way to give it access to a complete folder — for example, a software project directory. Working on real code means needing context across many files at once (source code, configs, changelogs). Right now, this means repeatedly uploading files by hand, which breaks the workflow.
Concrete user story…
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?