Lumo integration into other proton apps (mail/calendar/drive etc)
Hi all, would be great if Lumo could be integrated into current and new proton apps such as mail so it can be used to help compose emails, create calendar entries etc.
-
M
commented
Lumo integrated with mail and my own custom skill.md for organizing and processing my email would be amazing!
-
M
commented
Lumo integrated into drive documents would be extremely helpful!
-
M
commented
Proton uses UserVoice as a pressure valve, users get a place to vent and vote, Proton gets to point to it as "listening to the community," but the actual development priorities seem to follow their own roadmap regardless of vote counts. - Lumo
-
J
commented
Lumo's biggest selling point would be an integration to Proton's ecosystem.
At this point, Lumo is so far behind any other AI provider, that I don't see a reason to use it – not even its privacy features.
But if Lumo could manage my email, calendar, etc., I would absolutely start using it.
-
Anonymous
commented
The missing integration is the main reason why I don't use Lumo. I always need to download an email thread manually as eml files and upload anyway, so I use Claude to summarize the thread instead of Lumo. I always have to copy generated ics content into a text editor, save as ics, and then import to ProtonCalendar, so I use Claude instead, as composing and downloading files is possible.
-
Tristan Nixon commented
Today having a capable AI agent that can help manage my email, calendar, documents, etc. is essential. Much as I love proton products and I love the idea of privacy, it's just not realistic without this integration.
I would also love to be able to delegate to Lumo from another AI framework - that is, providing some kind of MCP interface to Lumo, so that it can act as a sub-agent for tools like Claude, ChatGPT, etc. This helps to maintain a bit of a privacy barrier. I can ask Claude to summarize my important action items for the week, and it could delegate to Lumo to search for relevant things from my email. Claude doesn't need direct access to my ProtonMail, but if it can delegate searching to Lumo, then it can get the summaries it needs for it's larger task.
-
John Vidal commented
Big supporter of this!^
Being able to ask an AI assistant questions about my inbox — "summarize unread emails," "find the invoice from last month," "draft a reply to this thread" — is genuinely one of the highest-value AI use cases, and I've built daily habits around this capability with other AI products.
Here's why I'd switch those habits entirely to Lumo if this existed:
Privacy as the differentiator. Right now, if I want AI-powered email insights, I have to grant access to services that don't prioritize privacy the way Proton does. An email integration built into Lumo — with the same zero-access, end-to-end encryption philosophy that protects my mail today — would let me completely disconnect from those other AIs. Privacy-preserving email AI is something only Proton can credibly offer, and it would be a genuine differentiator rather than a parity feature.
Suggested privacy safeguards (to keep it consistent with Proton's values):
Explicit opt-in, scoped permissions (read-only by default, per-conversation grants)
Lumo processes only the emails relevant to a query and discards them after the response, consistent with how the existing knowledge base and Drive integration work
Easy auditability of what was shared
Why it's worth building: This is a habit-forming daily-use feature. Once I rely on an assistant for email triage, switching costs are high — which makes it a strong retention driver and a natural reason for users on other AI platforms to migrate to Lumo entirely.Thank you for building Lumo. I'd happily move my entire AI workflow over if email integration existed.
-
Allan Kristensen
commented
Just want to add my vote for implementing a way for Lumo to access my accounts products. Specifically today, I would like to access the Proton Calendar, but I definitely see the value in accessing my mails or sheets or similar in the future. Thanks for amazing products!
-
Luckas
commented
It would also be great if the Scribe feature were available on the Unlimited plan, since it's currently limited to Duo+ subscriptions. As of right now, I just open Lumo in a browser tab instead and get the same result for free, even though I'm already paying for Unlimited :/. It's just unnecessary friction the AI gets used one way or another.
-
Tata Gabby
commented
Sorry for the rage Lumo team... I'm here because I care and because I am cheering for you!
-
Tata Gabby
commented
I love the IDEA of Lumo being a truly private AI assistant, but why can't it read Proton's OWN FILE TYPES?? I have to export Proton Docs and Proton Sheets so Lumo can work with them! WHY?
-
Drew B
commented
Really need the ability to ask questions about my emails
-
Ken
commented
As a temporary solution, being able to tag certain emails in ProtonMail to be accessible by Lumo would be very useful. The system could create a shadow copy in ProtonDrive which could then be accessible to Lumo.
Alternatively, a button in ProtonMail that allows me to export a single email or an email thread to a Lumo project would also be helpful. At the moment I need to copy and paste the email text to Lumo - and this has its own quirks/inefficiencies.
-
CW
commented
Projects aren't nearly as useful without this feature. Read and write proton drive. Inbox processing.
-
Jethro Hobab
commented
Unfortunately and also fortunately Proton doesn't have the big business funding to get things moving the way google and perplexity do. My bet is Proton is looking at this one though. Give us the peace of mind to know you are Proton people!
-
Rene
commented
Sadly, there is no official confirmation from Proton despite this being the top suggestion for Lumo. Once my subscription expires, I will not renew it if this is not implemented. Calendar integration is especially vital to me.
Let's face it: The underlying models are not really that good when it comes to complex thinking tasks. The untapped unrivaled potential for Lumo is the integration with the rest of the suite with privacy in mind.
Please, make this a priority, or at least let us know if there are plans for doing this other than the usual "we are exploring options" marketing buzzwords... Instead of focusing on stuff the users want, they give us useless features like subpar-quality image generation.
-
Jacky
commented
Drive especially!! (Save to Drive)
-
Andreas
commented
I would like Lumo being able to access (read/write) content in selected proton apps. Example: Lumo reads e-mail (protonmail) and writes information to calendar or sheets. That would enhance skills of Lumo for producing work results across the proton apps.
-
H
commented
Great idea! Especially if Lumo+ remains available and Optional, and clearly visible, not just a simple toggle switch, would be "convenient" privacy, and efficient!
-
Valerii commented
Please add an official ChatGPT / AI assistant integration for Proton Mail.
The integration should allow users to:
• securely read emails (with permission);
• summarize inboxes;
• draft replies;
• create drafts without sending;
• assist with job applications and business communication.Security requirements:
• OAuth authentication;
• user-controlled permissions;
• read-only mode;
• draft-only mode;
• no automatic sending without confirmation;
• audit log of AI actions.This would make Proton Mail the best privacy-focused email service for professionals, founders, developers and business users who rely on AI.