General Ideas
1516 results found
-
Proton's Sustainability
It would be nice if Proton had some transparency about their sustainability commitments. To be able to see if they use renewable energy and/or other sustainable practices, Is what I believe would be a great selling point for potential users.
13 votes -
Ability to share files/folders with non-proton users by sharing a link and password instead of having to create an account
Absolutely need the ability to share a link to a file or folder on Proton Drive with a non-proton user without them having to create an account at all, e.g. proton user could simply share a password with the recipient and they could then access the file or folder via a link with that password.
The fact recipients have to create an account makes them opt out and request the use of unsecured channels for file sharing. This is NOT the way. Please add this ability to remove this important element of friction that’s preventing users from using proton services…
30 votes -
Notification when a photo is shared
I’m using Proton Drive to share photos with my family. It would be great if my family would get a notification when I add something to an album. Now they have to check or I need to tell them. Either a push notification in the app or an e-mail would be very helpful.
7 votes -
Share album with public link
Currently, it is not possible to share a photo album or a photo using a “public link”; you must provide an email address, and the recipient must create a Proton account or already have one in order to view the content.
This is unlike images hosted in Proton Drive folders, where it is possible to create a public link.
Sample image illustrating the issue:
https://i.imgur.com/s6ozkVD.png4 votes -
Allow aliases to be used on reply to and forward mails
I recently received a reply to a message I sent using an alias address. When I tried to reply to and forward that message, I could not do so using the alias address. I could only use my primary or secondary address. Neither of which I want the recipients to see. I want them to see the alias address only. You need to add this feature because the current alias address feature is only half useful the way it is.
3 votes -
Syncing both of my Proton Drive Accounts
I have two Drive accounts, only one can be synced. So only one is useful.
6 votes -
docs
Adding headers, footers, and (editable) pagination would be appreciated by those who edit course materials, along with more font options, even if they have to be uploaded to your platforms.
And if this type of feature is complicated to implement online due to hosting providers, why not also create a Proton Docs desktop app?
Sincerely,
15 votes -
A Pronton USB drive, for storing files on a physical device.
I like the Proton Drive, but a Proton pen drive for offline file storage would be interesting; I just don't know if I'd have access to buying one in my country.
4 votes -
Feature Request: External Cloud Document & PDF Integration
Hi Proton Team,
It would be very helpful to add improved external document integration and viewing capabilities for cloud-hosted files and shared PDF documents.
I have compiled a detailed test report and sample reference document here:
[https://swiftgaragedoorsrepair.com
Adding this feature would greatly improve workflow and productivity for power users. Thanks!3 votes -
It should be possible to use filters in viewer mode in Proton Sheets. This makes working with the sheets much more useful for viewers.
Viewers in Proton Sheets cannot use the column filters. However, filtering columns in large datasets is a valuable tool for viewers as well, and it does not alter the data. In my view, there is no need to save the filter set.
3 votes -
Block all GDID traffic in Proton VPN option..
Newly discovered Windows tracker that has some scary implications.
GDID - Microsoft’s Secret Windows Tracker That Can’t Be Turned Off
4 votes -
Edit as new message
I miss the function which I know from and use a lot in Thunderbird: Edit as new nessage.
With this function I can take a message I sent previously and just update the recipient or parts of the context and don't have to copy and paste. I find this very useful.
4 votes -
4 votes
-
[Proton Meet] Dedicated Proton Meet Category on the UserVoice Platform
It would be very helpful to have a dedicated category for Proton Meet on the service/feedback platform, even while it is still in closed beta.
At the moment, Proton Meet feature requests have to be posted in the general category, which makes them harder to find, track, and discuss. A separate category would improve visibility, feedback quality, and organization for both users and the Proton team.
17 votes -
Multi-platform Contacts Manager for PC and Android
Contacts management happens on smartphones and most people use the google standard issue app. This raises huge privacy concerns. A Proton alternative could provide similar utility without the privacy issues of Google and could be made such that it syncs with a PC version.
9 votes -
Native Thunderbird integration for Mail + Calendar (without Bridge)
Description:
Thunderbird is one of the most widely used desktop email clients in the open-source ecosystem. Presently, Proton Mail can only be accessed through the Bridge, and Proton Calendar cannot be used at all. This causes several limitations:
• The Bridge must always be running in the background;
• There is no native calendar support in Thunderbird;
• Reliability and performance depend on a proxy layer instead of direct protocols;Meanwhile, Mozilla has just merged K-9 into Thunderbird as their official Android app and is developing Thundermail—a new service platform that will offer online mail, documents, spreadsheets, slides, and more.…
18 votes -
hybrid support for RTL languages
Critical Bug: Proton Mail Android App Fails to Render RTL Text Direction for Hebrew Composition
Description: I am experiencing a critical usability issue when trying to compose emails in Hebrew on the Proton Mail Android app. While the app allows me to select Hebrew as the interface language and my Android system keyboard successfully switches to Hebrew, the compose window itself does not recognize or apply Right-to-Left (RTL) text direction.
5 votes -
Add a secure “Gaming & Entertainment” folder category for Proton Drive
I think it would be useful to have an optional “Gaming & Entertainment” category or folder template in Proton Drive.
Users could organize game-related files such as configuration files, manuals, screenshots, save backups, emulator documentation, and other personal gaming resources in one place.
This could be particularly useful for people who maintain collections of older games and emulation-related documentation. For example, I often find it helpful to keep PS2 BIOS and emulation reference information organized alongside other gaming resources. I’ve also put together some information about PS2 BIOS and emulation here:
https://ps2biosonline.com/An optional template could include:
Game Saves
Configuration…2 votes -
tags
Proton Pass Tags
Allow Tags to be added to Proton Pass passwords to we can easily organise passwords into different tag groups just like 1password
3 votes -
Agenda view 5 days (on phone)
As a fan of Proton Agenda, it would be great if a 5 days view could be added.
As most people use their agenda mainly for work, it gives a handy overview of appontments.
7 days is a bit too much on a phone, 3 days misses the overview. 5 would be perfect!3 votes
- Don't see your idea?