General Ideas
1520 results found
-
Proton Bridge: local readonly MCP server OOTB (or at least a readonly user+password)
For local AI usage - e.g. using local LLM, I am practically limited in how to give them readonly access to my email. The best I can do is use a local MCP like https://github.com/nikolausm/imap-mcp-server which has a parameter for readonly, but the readonly is really just a value in a file and an AI that locally does BS can mess around or run the MCP itself. And I am still in a situation to have to trust that bridge, my installation, the package source etc.
a good first step for embracing local AI securely could be to have proton…
2 votes -
Photo search by face (and object)
Photos is essentially unusable without Face Search. Even if I had to host my own AI that would work.
2 votes -
Proton Apps: Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts
'Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts' allowing Users to:
• change 'default keyboard shortcuts' • create 'new keyboard shortcuts'.3 votes -
Manage contacts on a separate page
It would be very useful to be able to manage my contacts on a specific page.
This would provide an overview of contacts, rather than just a small space on the right-hand side of the messaging app that doesn't show all the contact details.
It's a waste of time having to scroll through my entire list to manage it.Thanks
10 votes -
Dark App Icons for macOS
It would be nice, specifically with macOS 26, that there would be dark mode Icons for Proton Mail, VPN and Pass.
21 votes -
[Mail] Export all search results (or a folder/label) as individual EML/MSG files or MBOX
Please add a way to export all messages that match a search in the web app. Right now I can only export emails one at a time, or export my whole mailbox with the Export Tool. I'd like to select all search results (or a folder or label) and download them as individual .eml or .msg files, bundled in one .zip, or as a single MBOX file. Readable file names (date + subject) would help too. Thank you!
2 votes -
Better document organization for official applications
One feature I’d find useful in Proton is an easier way to organize important documents and reminders for official applications. For example, users could keep related emails, document copies, and renewal dates together in one place.
This would be useful for people managing documents such as an NBI Clearance(https://nbiclearances.net/nbi-clearance-registration/), especially when they need to keep track of requirements or renewal information.
2 votes -
Add a "Custom Theme" feature with a color picker for personalization and comfort
I love Proton's commitment to privacy, but the current 8 preset themes are very limited. Everyone has different visual preferences, what looks sleek to one person might cause eye strain or feel cold and sterile to another.
I would love to see a Custom Theme feature added to the settings. Instead of just adding a few more presets, allow users to pick their own accent colors and background shades with a simple color picker or hex code input.
This would benefit everyone: it gives users the freedom to match their interface to their personal style, and it makes the platform…
2 votes -
I have said this before, and others have too. Please can we have our own icon/photo instead of our initial, AND pls could we have more fonts
I have said this before, and others have too. Please can we have our own icon/photo instead of our initial, AND pls could we have more fonts??
2 votes -
LaTex rendering in Lumo
When using Lumo in my web browser (both Firefox and Librewolf) LaTex does not render properly. For example, Lumo returned the following:
[ x^T A x \geq 0 \quad \forall x ]
instead of the actual LaTex rendering.
It would be nice if you could have Lumo actually render this.
33 votes -
Add birthday field to contacts
It would be nice and it shouldn't take more than a day to deliver it.
37 votes -
Proton Blog for individual users
Yes, there are alternatives: Wordpress, substack, etc... but I want a safe, GDPR ready and European alternative @ Proton to start a blog, just like substack.
3 votes -
add free api to all of your services
Subject: Feature Request: Introduction of a free API tier for all Proton servicesDear Proton Team,I am writing to you as a dedicated user and supporter of your platform. I deeply appreciate your ecosystem's commitment to digital privacy, security, and open-source software.I would like to formally suggest the introduction of a basic, free API access tier with reasonable rate limits across all of your services.Providing a foundational, free API would bring great value to both your team and the user base:Developer Innovation: It enables the community to build secure, open-source integrations and complementary tools.Ecosystem Growth: It will attract developers who will…
3 votes -
Unified data export across all Proton apps
I've got Mail, Drive, Calendar and Pass now, and pulling my own data out of all of them at once is basically impossible — every app exports its own way, if it exports at all. At my day job I build data pipelines, and one thing that clicked for me was reading through this https://cobit-solutions.com/en/services/data-lake-consulting-services/ on how you land raw data from a bunch of different sources into one place first, then structure it. Something like that under the hood would let Proton give us a single "export everything" that actually works. Right now it feels like each app is…
3 votes -
How to Investigate a Bitcoin Scam — Contact SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE
“I Truly Believed We Were Going to Build a Life Together”
I never imagined that someone I met online could completely change my life—and not in the way I had hoped.
After meeting my partner online, we spent weeks and months talking, sharing our hopes, our fears, and our plans for the future. I genuinely believed that we had fallen in love. We talked about living together, building a home, and finally being happy together.
Because I loved this person and believed our relationship was real, I was willing to do almost anything to help my partner when financial problems…2 votes -
Better Access to Government Websites With Proton VPN
I think it would be helpful if Proton VPN could improve compatibility with government websites and online services. Some government portals may behave differently when a VPN is enabled, which can make it difficult for users to complete online applications.
For example, people using government services such as NBI Clearance may need to access information about application requirements, valid IDs, appointments, and other procedures. I came across this guide while looking for information about the NBI Clearance application process: https://nbiclearances.net/nbi-clearance-requirements/
A simple notification or troubleshooting option when a government website has connection issues would make the experience easier for users.
2 votes -
Event Invite
An event invite sent to an alias cannot be added to the proton calendar.
I expect to be able to do so.2 votes -
Professional Scam Investigation Worldwide — SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE
I thought my $180,000 was gone forever. SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE helped me understand my case and pursue the appropriate recovery process. I subsequently recovered $180,000. I’m deeply grateful for their professional assistance.”
Lost cryptocurrency to a scam? Contact SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE for confidential investigation support.
2 votes -
Online MCA Program
Explore a flexible Online MCA Program designed for students and working professionals who want to build advanced knowledge in computer applications. Compare leading Online MCA Colleges in India and understand course structure, eligibility, and learning features. Get complete details about Online MCA Admission and check Online MCA Fees before selecting the right programme for your career goals.
Visit our site: https://distanceeducationschool.com/online-mca2 votes -
Account-level regional settings applied across applicable Proton apps: configured once for all, or per app/service
Proton Account already has the right foundation: account settings are shared across all Proton services, and some regional settings exist. Mail offers default language, time zone and date/time format under Language and time. Calendar offers week start day, week number display, time zone with a secondary time zone, and subscribable public holiday calendars. But the settings are incomplete, inconsistent across products, and not composable: language is a single dropdown with no English variants (en-GB, en-AU, en-CA, en-IN, en-ZA and others), and most regional settings (measurement units, temperature, currency, number formatting, financial years, paper sizes) exist nowhere in the ecosystem.
This…
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?