Skip to content

General Ideas

1516 results found

  1. passkey

    que se pueda utilizar passkey en replazo total de contraseña y no solo 2fa

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding images to Proton Docs (and a dedicated application pls)

    Hi! new (paying) proton member here.

    In addition to needing a decidated Docs application and many more features (like spacing etc.), it is super difficult to add images to Docs. I tried uploading a 4mb jpeg and it almost crashed my browser and the quality was heaviliy downgraded. The last update on Docs was a sidenote in this blog (https://proton.me/blog/2026-spring-summer-roadmaps). I'm sure we can all use another update! I would like to know where the development of the Proton Docs applcation is headed because for now I will keep on using LibreOffice.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Proton Forms- a privacy-focused form builder

    I would really love to see Proton Forms as a new service in the Proton ecosystem. Proton already has Mail, Drive, Docs and Sheets, so I think a privacy focused form builder would be a really nice addition. It could be used for surveys, questionnaires, registrations and feedback forms, w-ith responses stored securely and easy to view and manage. I think a privacy focused alternative to Google Forms would be really useful for people who want to collect information without relying on Google or other advertising focused platforms.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ENCRYPTED KEYBOARD FROM PROTON

    ENCRYPTED, USER SIDE KEYS, KEYBOARD. A simple idea come true... and maybe, only maybe, people will believe privacy and secrecy is central to Proton :-) ...And I mean for Android and Web and Desktop... I mean REALLY a central thing

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Voice Input / Speech-to-Text to Lumo Web Browser Version

    I noticed that voice input is currently unavailable in the web browser version of Lumo. As someone who frequently uses Lumo on desktop, I would love to see this feature extended to the web interface as well.

    Here's why I think this would be valuable:

    Accessibility: Voice input is an important accessibility feature. Users with mobility impairments or those who struggle with typing would benefit greatly from being able to dictate their prompts directly in the browser.
    
    Multitasking: When working on a desktop, being able to speak a prompt while referencing documents or taking notes would improve productivity significantly.
    
    Consistency
    …
    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Multi-Page Pagination System to Proton Docs

    Hello,

    I would like to submit an important feature request for Proton Docs.

    The problem:

    Proton Docs currently has no page system. It is impossible to create properly structured multi-page documents with real pagination. This makes it unsuitable for longer documents (reports, essays, theses) and any professional or academic work requiring more than a single page.

    Impact:

    Without this, I must continue using external tools for multi-page documents. I would prefer to stay within the Proton ecosystem for privacy, but this limitation prevents me from doing so.

    Feature request:

    Add a true multi-page pagination system to Proton Docs, similar to…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve Proton Calendar notifications on Linux (sound, persistence, snooze)

    On Linux (Ubuntu / GNOME), Proton Calendar notifications are easy to miss: they are transient, quiet, and disappear after a few seconds if you are away from the screen.

    There is currently no way to:
    • enable audible alerts
    • make notifications persistent until dismissed
    • snooze calendar reminders

    This makes Proton Calendar significantly less usable on Linux compared to mobile platforms and even basic desktop calendar apps.

    Please consider improving Linux notifications by supporting one or more of the following:
    • notification sounds
    • persistent / actionable notifications
    • snooze support
    • better integration with Linux desktop notification standards…

    15 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. shared workspace

    Shared workspaces would be nice because we have a drive and we're meeting soon. You can share files and chat with each other in a space where you can share files and chat with each other, like Teams/Sharepoint. We already have a drive, and we get meet soon. I think this will make it complete.

    22 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create alternate formats for Proton Mail contacts (i.e., US/CAN addresses)

    I understand that a lot of users are not in North America, but the address formatting is inconvenient / annoying as someone who lives in the US as it is out of order and displays the address in a European format. I would love to see an option that allows you to choose a country's formatting.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug — Lumo 2.0 Randomly Switches to Chinese Mid-Conversation

    Title: Bug — Lumo 2.0 Randomly Switches to Chinese Mid-Conversation
    Category: Lumo / Bug Report

    Description:

    Lumo 2.0 intermittently switches entire responses to Chinese during English-language conversations. This is not isolated — multiple users have reported the same behavior across Reddit (r/lumo, r/ProtonMail) with the issue persisting since at least Lumo 1.1 through the current 2.0 release.

    Reproduction Pattern:

    Conversation language: English (exclusively)
    Trigger: Appears to occur most frequently during responses containing dense structured data (comparison tables, pricing breakdowns, URLs, multi-section formatting)
    Context usage: Both occurrences happened at high context usage (~73%)
    Frequency: Twice within three consecutive prompts in a
    …
    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Warn if outgoing message is missing an attachment

    When I click Send in a new Mail message, warn me if the body text refers to an attachment (e.g. "attached is...", "see attachment...", etc.) but there is no attachment.

    (Obviously this would require that Proton scan the body text; not sure if that's something that's prohibited by Proton privacy policies. But the scanning would be done locally, so it shouldn't be an issue.)

    9 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow unlimited aliases for custom domains across Proton Mail, Pass, and SimpleLogin

    Proton currently limits the number of email aliases, even when users connect and manage their own domains. This restriction feels unnecessary for custom domains because the user already owns and controls the domain.

    Please allow unlimited - or substantially more - aliases for custom domains connected to Proton. Ideally, aliases should not count toward the standard Proton address limit.

    Custom-domain integration should also extend across Proton Mail, Proton Pass, and SimpleLogin.

    Users should be able to:
    Create unlimited Hide-my-email aliases using their own domain or subdomain.
    Share a connected domain across Proton Mail, Proton Pass, and SimpleLogin without configuring it…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Black is the new purple - Let's make an OLED/AMOLED/ultra dark/black global theme for Proton apps and widgets

    I would love to see Proton develop a #000000 (100% black) theme, alongside the current options, that can be applied to all widgets and apps. It is a well-known fact that true black menus consume less battery and are easier on the eyes. However, for those of us who primarily prefer dark mode for the aesthetic, I would love to see an option to go all the way and make the entire Proton experience pitch black. It’s worth noting that there are already browser extensions available that provide a true black experience on web, so this request is primarily aimed…

    11 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. proton calendar icon show current date

    Can the Proton Calendar icon update to show the current date as IOS calendar app icon does

    8 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need support for passkeys on multiple accounts at the same site

    Background:

    • I have a personal Microsoft account
    • I have a work Microsoft account
    • My work Microsoft account is a guest user in another tenant

    Passkeys have been activated on the tenant of my work account, but I am not able to add one using Proton Pass.

    Expected behaviour: I work through the set up passkey remedies, Proton Pass detects that I have multiple logins saved for https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and lets me select the login I want to attach to the passkey.

    Actual behaviour: When I try to set up a passkey for my work account, Proton Pass has preselected my Microsoft…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show permanent timestamps (date and time received) under email headers

    Please add a setting to permanently display the exact time and date an email was sent/received directly in the reading pane. Currently, users must hover or click the relative date dropdown to see the specific time. A persistent visual layout option would greatly improve daily workflow efficiency and prevent errors.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Easy application update (in Linux)

    I use a script to update Proton Pass. I would like to do the same with other products. I need the equivalent of this file https://proton.me/download/PassDesktop/linux/x64/version.json for other products.

    Does it exist? Where are they for the other products? (don't you love bash scripts?) I just realized I retrieve the version file more than once. I will fix that if you answer my question.

    !/bin/bash

    NEWVER=$(curl -s https://proton.me/download/PassDesktop/linux/x64/version.json | jq .Releases[0].Version | sed s/\"//g )
    OLDVER=$( rpm -qi proton-pass |grep Version | awk '{ print $3 }' )
    echo OLD $OLDVER NEW $NEWVER

    if [ "$OLDVER" != "$NEWVER" ] ;…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upload-Only “File Request” Links for Proton Drive

    Hello Proton Team,

    I would like to request an upload-only “File Request” feature for Proton Drive, similar to what is offered by Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive.

    Current shared folders with “can edit” permissions are useful, but they still allow users to browse folder contents and potentially modify files. For privacy-sensitive workflows, this creates unnecessary exposure and administrative overhead.

    A dedicated File Request feature would allow:

    • upload-only access
    • no browsing or downloading
    • no visibility into other uploaded files
    • optional password protection
    • optional expiration dates
    • optional one-time-use links
    • per-request isolation and auditing

    This would be extremely valuable for:

    • healthcare offices
    • legal…
    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for Void Linux. Especially for Proton Authenticater. I love the Authenticator. Please expand services to support Void Linux.

    Nothing else to add, other than to say, I will beg if there's any chance it would help...

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add End-to-End Encrypted Family Location Tracking (Secure "Life360" Alternative)

    As a privacy-focused user, I currently have no safe way to track my family's location. Existing apps like Life360, Google Maps, or Apple Find My store location history on their servers, meaning the provider can see exactly where my family goes, when, and for how long. This creates a massive privacy risk and contradicts the "privacy by default" philosophy I trust Proton for.

    The Solution: Please introduce a Family Location Tracking feature within the Proton ecosystem (integrated into Proton Pass, Drive, or as a standalone module in Lumo) that offers:

    True End-to-End Encryption (E2EE): Location data is encrypted on the…

    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?