Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ProtonDrive

Cloud drive service backed by ProtonMail box.

10,876 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  229 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync contacts with phone address book

Sync the Protonmail contacts with the phone address book (contacts app) and vice versa.

1,544 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bitcoin Cash Payment Option!

Bitcoin transactions fees are now too much, and it may take up to a few hours for a transaction to be confirmed. There's a payment system, which is nearly same of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash. Its devs have a better vision "low fees, 1 block (10 minutes) transaction confirm time." If you haven't heard of it, here (https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/58969/38618) you can see that many wallets support it.

Kind regards.

1,724 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    135 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yubikey / FIDO U2F Support for Two Factor Authentication

Although convenient, a cellular phone is not the most secure method of 2 Factor Authentication. Even more so, it is more likely to be stolen than a Physical 2 Factor device such as a Yubikey. I propose support for FIDO U2F which in turn would support physical 2 Factor devices that support this standard such as Yubikeys.

Lastpass and Google both support these standards. If you truly want to become the encrypted version of Gmail as it has been said in the past, you need to be competitive with googles security standards.

1,068 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    55 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yubikey as a second factor authentification

That would be good to integrate a protection with Yubikey for the 2 factor authentification. https://www.yubico.com/
    Google already uses this feature for the mailbox. Facebook also accepts yubikey as the 2nd authentication factor.
    I think that as a safety-conscious company, you should make your services compatible with yubikey.

1,992 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple accounts login support in Android

Just like in Gmail I would like to login to multiple accounts in my Android (don't know about the iOS app since I've never tried it) at the same time

12,765 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  42 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MacOS & Windows Mail App

It would be awesome if ProtonMial built apps for Windows and macOS just like on mobile. I feel that this is the missing gap for PM.

696 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Publish Android app to F-Droid and remove reliance on Google Apps/services

With the emphasis on security, it'd be great if you could put the Android app under a free license and place it in the F-Droid repository (https://f-droid.org/) so that we don't need to use Google Apps/Services to install and run the Protonmail app.

I've noticed that the beta version asks for Google Services, but doesn't seem to need it to function. It'd be nice if you can remove this message/requirement.

1,499 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  85 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fingerprint Authentication for Android App

This would be the same as Support of TouchID for iOS. I know it would work only for Android 6 and up, but it's much more comfortable than PIN [of course as an option and not replacement of PIN completely]

279 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Informing ProtonMail users about potentially unsafe messages

Hi,

I would like to see this feature added to ProtonMail.

When a ProtonMail user sends email to other email service or receives email from other email service, then ProtonMail will indicate / highlight...
    a) When a received message was not encrypted (TLS)
    b) When composing a message to a recipient whose email service doesn't support TLS encryption, or when the sender’s domain couldn't be authenticated. An indicator before sending a message to a service that doesn't support TLS encryption

This will be useful, as the user can find out if email (sent / received) is encrypted in transit when…

331 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Android APK Download

English:
    I'm using ProtonMail due to security concerns, and therefore I do not have Google Services installed on my device.

Please provide the ProtonMail Android APK as direct download on your homepage.

Deutsch:
    Aus Privatsphäregründen nutze ich ProtonMail und habe deshalb auch keine Google Services auf meinem Gerät installiert.

Bitte stellt die Protonmail Android APK auch als direkten Download auf eurer Website bereit.

303 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support For More Languages (Including Right-To-Left)

Support For More Languages (Including Right-To-Left)

7,803 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chrome / Firefox add-on

Even the mailbox encrypted, it is possible to subvert the code in your servers - or force ProtonMail to subvert it by court order - to capture users mailbox password and therefore gain access to emails. This is exactly how the HushMail got "busted" some time ago, feeding a specified user a subverted code, that captured the users password to them!

Systems like BlockChain Wallet use browser add-ons to prevent this from happening. Ever. Since the add-on is used to handle ALL communications from and to the servers, and it decrypts the content from the servers, it does not matter…

4,343 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  20 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. iPad iOS Version rather than stretched iPhone version please.

Please make an iOS version that works for the iPad. The current iOS is the same resolution for the iPhone stretched out that has a cumbersome keyboard that stretches across the whole email view. The view can be a lot more effective and incorporate a higher resolution on the iPad. Effectively the app looks terrible and doesn't utilise the possibilities of an iPad Screen.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ProtonChat

Let's make it in some math style:

ProtonMail : Gmail = ProtonChat : Hangouts

:)

Secure private chat same principle of secure email, but applied to chats.

1,452 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  90 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ProtonBox, ProtonNote and might be more

Dropbox and Evernote like service that share storage with protonmail. I think lots of people would happy to pay. :)

850 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    64 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Carddav Server For Contacts (Synching Contacts)

Carddav Server For Contacts (Synching Contacts)

1,241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Calendar Synchronization

Calendar Synchronization

950 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calender

Within email systems, the requirement for a calender is high on the list of "must have's". The ability to encrypt your email should go hand in hand with a diary/calender/task system which will be tied in with your mail box and allow for interaction between all features.

379 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add in pin password or touch id protection to iOS App

Have an option in the iOS app where you can enable a pin password or touch id password requirement everytime you open the app. Something simple just to keep your email from being snooped through, if your phone is open/unlocked. If you've ever used the Serverauditor app they have a similar feature and I find it very useful.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base