How can we improve ProtonMail?

Accept Bitcoin on the Lightning Network!

The Lightning Network is in beta, but it allows for instant payments (no confirmations) and almost 0% fees, provided the user has a channel open. You already accept Bitcoin... and the Lightning Network is a major upgrade to way people will use BTC to make payments. If you do it soon, you will also get a P.R. boost, as it will inevitably be mentioned in the Bitcoin media.

475 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Corey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pepe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bitcoin and LN patents would not only allow for great PR to your services, it would also allow me to obtain an upgraded account without having to give anyone my name or credit card information. Thus allowing for more anonimity.

• ST33 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some countries like India are aresting people for buying/selling bitcoin.
    Bring it on.
    More Anonimity

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had emailed support literally a few days ago asking them to add LN. Glad to find this vote.

• Julio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't used pronton mail before but would start using it if you accepted lightning :P

• Franco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lighting obfuscates payments. This is in direct line with your mission statement. PROCEED!!!!

• Kazimir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would greatly enhance your anonymoty feautures. Fantastic idea!!!!

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a terrible idea. Please don't pander to the Lightning Network nonsense. People on reddit.com are organizing a campaign to cast votes on this issue. Please don't encourage this type of brigading.

Your resources will be much better invested in accepting more cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin BCH.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see Protonmail support Lightning! This would enhance privacy and reduce transaction fees. Please don't waste any time supporting the scam coin bcash.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base