Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add more frequent notifications to backup email or support notifications without Google Services

I just switched to GrapheneOS on Android, a super secure Google-free OS. I love it but am surprised that there are no options to get notified of my emails in Protonmail. Push notifications don't work without Google? Supposed to be privacy focussed but to get your emails, you have to have Google(the least privacy respecting entity on Earth)? Doesn't make sense. Telegram and Signal and other apps have working notifications on this OS, so PM should be able to also. One option in PM is to connect a backup email to send notifications to, but once a day is the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ProtonCalendar: create calendar event templates

Hello ProtonTeam,

Could it be possible for a user to create an event template? Example, almost most of my events, I set the same reminders (1 week before, 1 day before, 1 hour before). Or for events on XX calendar, I would like to have them all to have a certain note included.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dead Man's Switch

A "Dead Man's Switch" allows users to be contacted automatically once per month (per week, per year etc) to confirm they are still alive. If (for whatever reason), the user does not reply and thus provide "proof of life," the "Dead Man's Switch is activated.

This involves sending one or more emails out to designated addresses with instructions. It's a sort simple will, but one triggered digitally instead of by a person.

Prontonmail's anonymity suits this type of feature well because hosting one's will on Gmail is akin to sky writing it over Langley, Virginia. LOL!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contacts, Calendars, and Notes

To sync with your cell phone and email - iphone calendar, contacts, and notes.

8,633 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    161 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Besides Weeks, Months and Years, ADD Days as well for Repeating Events.

An Option to have multiple Events during a Day gives the possibility to be warned to "Walk the Dog" twice a day and repeat this activity also every day of the week, forever..
    Similar, if you must take Medicins, twice a Day and do so every day (getting a Beep!) is usefull.
    The Location is "Not Applicable" in both examples.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Small Business Suite

There are several companies now offering "small business suite" concepts however there are a few that really offer something trusted, stable and worthy.

There is a huge market for small businesses that require some of the most basic features such as email, contacts, calendar, notes, docs (letters, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.), domain name, scheduling, tasks/todo's and web page hosting. Certain features such as calendar's, contact's, docs, could optionally be shared.

For the next level up most companies need a means to create a basic invoice and process payments (PayPal, N26, Square, Credit/Debit Cards, etc.)

These are simple tasks that small businesses…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide option to block emails sent to Android and iOS devices

I do not want to receive email notifications on my mobile phone. Texts and emergency warnings are distracting enough as it is. I am able to block gmail notifications but seem unable to block protonmail notifications. Please advise if this can be done using existing commands or whether it could be developed as an option. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Messinger as Skype with Full secure end-to-end voice+Full HD

Hi I would like ask about possibility create messenger as Skype but with full PGP secure end-to-end protection voice and full HD

952 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

824 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make a completely dark theme

In the dark I would like a dark theme to be completely dark with only the text, lines and symbols visable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bigger icons and smaller rows in v4.0 beta

The new beta for ProtonMail v4.0 is great! I love the dark mode! It would be cool if one could change the height of rows, as they are way too big now. And the size of icons, on the other hand, are too small for the size of the bar that contains them. I'm talking about the icons for "mark as read", "move to spam", etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. time Mail

Dear, Is it also possible to schedule messages, so I am working late at night at the office and I would like to be able to prepare email for sending so that it arrives at the customer the other day. It is undesirable for many customers to receive email after 21:30.

Perhaps there is a solution or you can include this idea in future developments.
    I have been using ProtonMail completely for a month now and believe that I should have done it 5 years earlier. Keep it up.! thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Beta Calender Syncing

I really like the Beta Calender but I need it to syn with my other Calenders. I am not always able to log on to the PC Beta site and this is not available on the current Proton Mail app with my iPhone. It would be great to have it sync to my other Calenders that I choose to sync to

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calender on phones/tablet apps.

Include a calender on the phone/tablet apps and let it sync with the calender on the new desktop app (at the time being in beta version). A calender on the desktop PC and not on the mobile devices is not useful to me since I work a lot out of office. Syncing with an existing calender - say Google or Hotmail - would of course be convenient - but such a "leak" to another calender system might compromize the security and thus the very idea of ProtonMail (?). But easy syncing between mobile devices and desktop PC is a must…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alternative to SecureConnect of Tutanota.

I need an end-to-end encrypted contact form with attached file that sends the message to the PM inbox.

For RGPD compliance on health personal data

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your website should use the React JavaScript library

Your website should use the React JavaScript library. It is used by many major websites, including Facebook(the developer), the NYSE, Instagram, Airbnb. Netflix, Dropbox, Salesforce, Tesla, Twitter, Yahoo, Atlassian, The New York Times, and many more. It is free and open source, and it is easy to use. Please use it to improve your users' experience. Their website is https://reactjs.org/.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. v4 beta: please give us the option to return to solid colour folders and labels rather than just the outline

This is likely just a problem for me, but really should not be hard. I navigate my email mostly by colour rather than folder name, and the outline only having a colour in the new beta is a SIGNIFICANT reduction in usability for me. It's so much more effortful and takes much more time to find my way around. Could be please either have solid colour folders and labels back, or have an option to toggle this? That would be fantastic. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Event import (rendez-vous) in Calendar - Will be this a feature ?

Event import (rendez-vous) in Calendar - Will be this a feature ?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4.0 Beta: Folders/Labels sort button removed

In the current beta version (ProtonMail v4.0.0-beta12), Folders/Labels cannot be automatically sorted anymore, the sort button is not displayed in the settings.

By the way, if you implement it back, please add a confirmation message to avoid any click by mistake on it.

Instead of alphabetically mixing folders/labels, it could be interesting from the settings to automatically group and sort the folders/labels, meaning sorting all the folders alphabetically first, then all the labels (alphabetically also).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base