Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have multiple inboxes under one account.

As a protonmail+ user using a custom domain I shouldn't have to use a filter to have my custom domain emails show up in my main inbox. I would suggest having multiple inboxes under 1 account. What I mean is you sign in with your email and you have an inbox for name@protonmail.com, another mailbox for a@domain.tld, and another for b@domain.tld . Under each of these inboxes they can all have their own spam and archive folders and whatnot. This would be much nicer, but for some users as well who prefer a unified inbox protonmail could automatically…

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Right to left support for mobile app

Right to left language support for mobil app

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need a delete function on the in box page

Place a delete box in line with the trash, archive, spam buttons.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. verification

PRC SIMless indivudual,without VPN,CAPTCHA not avaliable,SIM registration needs ID,hate PRC gov,need new methods for verification,at best CAPTCHA alternate.
    donation not avaliable,own device costs 40USD equivalent only,android.
    also suspect sms verification post is PRC or whatever tyanny related.
    --
    please try to cancal that address input for posting my own accout may get hacked down like 113u@protonmail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow anonomous users. Whats the point of secure email if sign up requires a record of your credit card, mobile, or other email. doh!

Allow anonomous users. Whats the point of secure email if sign up requires a record of your credit card, mobile, or other email. thats not secure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. inbound distribution list

Please create the option to have an inbound email distribution list, e.g. family@domain.com forwards email to multiple inboxes. Basically what gmail is doing with groups.

family@domain.com -> father@domain.com, mother@domain.com, kid@domain.com.

Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bridge for macos airmail

I use Airmail on my mac and my ios devices, and Bridge would be the fact to buy a plan.

Thanks

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add reminders for email OR add emails to (future) calendar

When a calendar feature comes out, allow emails to be added as an event.

To allow users to create a future reminder about an email.

For example i want to beable to follow up on an email in day, week, 2months time, by creating a date and time (and a reminder)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. be able to download attachments

It would be great to be able to download attachments. How can it be so hard to simply download an attachment? All i should know how to do is send the attachment, and then click a download button but NO, error downloading attachment then some bullshit about encryption. In your response please dont attach anything as one cannot download the fucken thing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How about REALISTIC SetUp process! ... (3rd friggin time!)

My idea is:
    How about you create a REALISTIC setup process for the user!

This is the THIRD friggin time Ive tried to set up an account and if everything is not PERFECT the first time, it refuses to let me proceed! ..as in, It will NOT allow a NEW Confirmation to be sent;
    NOR will it allow me to make the correction to the Verification number that may have been mis-typed. (all 3 times????)

I am using LastPass, but that should have nothing to do with it as I was MANUALLY setting it up - with LP in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There should be a backup feature provided for paying customers.

There should be a backup feature provided for paying customers. We need the ability to backup all email and folders to a local drive. The recent VFMail disaster demonstrates how vulnerable some email providers can be. I encourage you to provide this support as soon as possible. Consider this suggestion as an additional enhancement to your current email software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Accounts that are inactive for over 3 months may be automatically deleted." Please consider altering that policy.

"Accounts that are inactive for over 3 months may be automatically deleted."
    Please consider altering that policy. Three months is way too short a time!

Why not 1-2 or more years instead of 3 months?

1,098 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow sending future date to send email.

This is a feature offered by default in Outlook. To draft an email, set the recipients email addresses, and then set to send the email at a future date with confirmation alert once email is sent.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Calendar

Need a calendar

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PGP Smartcard Support

A moderately happy plus subscriber, however i was disappointed to find i cannot use my own PGP keys that i have stored on my YubiKey. I would hope at the very least in future i will be able to use the ProtonMail Bridge and have it allow me to insert my own PGP encrypted messages with my own keys using GPG4Win without throwing me a 554 error.

Other ideas for this area:

* Support PGP smartcards
    * Allow plain IMAP connections to ProtonMail so that i can use my own mail client and handle my own encryption
    * Allow integration…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When Archiving, Mark as Read

Along with making archiving from the message viewer on the app easier, when those emails are archived they should be marked as read.

Thanks!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ad revenue

Add an ad button in protonmail(in the settings) that allows users to choose if they want to see ads.
    There could be options added that allow the user to choose what type of ads they want to see for example tech ads or clothing ads and so on.
    Just think of what this could do for your revenue! You are not crossing any lines as the option to see ads is up to the user.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to export emails

Have asked for this before and urgently need it if I am to stay using Protonmail. I need the ability to export emails off onto a local drive!!! Please hurry with this, I don't have time to manually export emails!

Only have a few KB left on my email account and I just do not have the time to pull off all the emails one by one!! This is just simply ridiculous and I am now looking at other systems that offer this essential feature.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Encrypted Contacts app that shows who is calling you

The main disadvantage of using the ProtonMail app to securely manage contacts on a smartphone is that the person calling you is not shown on the display. The telephone number of the person calling you is not matched with the contacts that are managed within ProtonMail. Therefore I can only see the number that is calling me but not the name of the person.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Contacts date field with proper formatting

Currently, the birthday/anniversary fields in Contacts are text only. Please provide a proper date input and formatting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base