Sort messages FROM
Something really simple that is missing and that is essential to organize the inbox, is to be able to sort messages by user/email. In addition, if we could sort ascending/descending dates, that would make much easier to select, archive and clean messages.
I can't do in the Web and App, only through in Outlook bridge. Please fix!
-
Kathy R
commented
As a new user I was amazed and very disappointed to find that I could not sort my inbox by sender and date. While there are work arounds they all require extra work on the user's part to accomplish what has been a standard feature in every email client I've used.
Having to create a filter and folder for each important sender is time consuming to set up and then you must go into each individual folder to see the messages on from that sender. Also trying to find an email that you may have overlooked but you do know the approximate date you received the email would be so much easier if you could just click on a column header and sort by date.
I'm amazed that this was first requested over six years ago and still is not available. In my days this request would have been considered a "low hanging fruit".
Please consider or reconsider - if this is not in your product roadmap.
ps. as a new user I just stumbled on this forum when trying to find and learn the different features of the mail client. Then to have to create another password to participate in the forum has kept me from "joining" in earlier. It just seems cumbersome. If I have an email account it seems like I should be able to provide feedback without l having to set up yet another username & password.
-
Wim Van Aelst commented
Dear ProtonMail Team,
I would like to request the addition of alphabetical sorting functionality in the inbox. Specifically, the ability to sort messages by:
- **Sender name** (A-Z and Z-A)
- **Subject line** (A-Z and Z-A)
- **Date** (already available, but with reverse option)
- **Size** (already available, but with reverse option)This is a fundamental feature found in virtually all major email clients (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail, etc.), and it would significantly improve the usability of ProtonMail for organizing and finding messages.
**Use cases:**
- Quickly locating all emails from a specific person by sorting alphabetically by sender
- Finding emails with similar subject lines grouped together
- Managing large inboxes more efficiently without relying solely on searchI understand ProtonMail prioritizes security and privacy, which are excellent. Adding sorting options would not compromise these values while making the interface more intuitive and user-friendly.
Thank you for considering this request. I would greatly appreciate this feature addition.
Best regards,
Wim -
Teresa
commented
This is very critical for us.
-
Patrick Masseus
commented
Can't committ without being able. to sort by sender or subject or date. so i am stuck in outlook..:0(
-
Chris Morrison
commented
This is an essential tool for sorting through particularly large mail folders. The ability to sort by "from" and "subject" are vital for cleaning old messages, copying to other folders etc.
-
Marvin
commented
I agree, Essential for your inbox.
-
Charlotte
commented
essential
-
Bill
commented
We can not manage/organize our email boxes without more sorting options.
-
Petr
commented
I agree. This must be implemented!!!!
-
Barbara Tapp commented
This needs more up votes -- when I come back from vacation, the easiest way to empty out messages is to sort by sender. Deeply disappointing.
-
Martin
commented
I can no longer recommend Proton as a service. The failure to allow sorting of the inbox by user or email is not acceptable. This has been a simple request from the community for years. I think Proton is non-responsive and been focused on less important functions.
-
Denis
commented
I agree - this is a critical function that should not be missing in a professional paid email client.
-
mj
commented
I agree with others here. Better sort functionality would be much appreciated:
- sender/email
- reciever/email
- datesEverything with the ability to choose ascending or descending order and that the mail program/app remember the last choice. For this last point it would also be desirable to have the ability to choose if Proton mail should remember the setup for all units that is accessed by the user or, if the setup chould be uniqe for every unit the user is using. For example, when using Proton mail app on my Linux computer I might be in a context that needs one kind of sort order and if I am on my Windows computer another sort order, accessing through a webbrowser another, from my phone the same as for my Linux computer and so on.
A solution could be that there is a "global" setup that proton define as the users "default" for every new unit/access point and then there is the possibility to tell the Proton app in use that for just this unit, it should use another setup.
Thank you -
CB
commented
Right now is March 2024, and I still do not want to switch fully to Proton for that ONE reason ONLY = I must be able to sort my Inbox by Sender or even Subject. Proton cannot sort by sender :-(
Fastmail can and I love it. Had to make a decision if to switch to Proton or renew my fastmail annual subscribtion. And annyongly, as much as I would love to go with Proton's full featrue set (Email. Passwords, VPN) I cannot.Versatile sorting email features for bulk email users are ESSENCIAL. Proton lags behind. Very annoying.
Why is it so hard to program a "sort by sender"? -
tadiemi
commented
Totally neccesary feature.
-
Daniel Y
commented
PLEASE add this feature. It takes a lot of effort to find emails from people. Presently I have to use the search option, over and over again. It is exhausting to clean up the inbox. If Microsoft wasn't so evil, we would use Outlook. But they are and we must not succumb. Proton is my only hope.
-
Phil
commented
The request is dated june 2020 and the functionnality is still not implemented.
This is A MUST to have:
- user/email.
-ascending/descending dates
Why?
Thank you