Proton Mail & Calendar
1283 results found
-
Change app icon
The option to replace the icon with a privacy icon has been added. It would be even better, however, to be able to replace the app icon with the older ones from 2014–22, 2022–26 (no Liquid Glass) and Liquid Glass. This feature could be implemented on Android (without Liquid Glass), iOS, macOS and Windows (and perhaps even Linux).
4 votes -
Quick Reactions to Emails
It would be great to have a feature similar to message reactions in chat apps, for example, being able to quickly tap an icon (like 👍 or ❤️) to react to an email without writing a full reply.
Microsoft Outlook already includes this, and it’s great for acknowledging messages or quick feedback without having to write a full reply.
For Proton Mail users, the reaction could appear inline (e.g., “Recipient liked this email”).
For other email providers, Proton could send a short, automatically generated message such as:
“[Username] reacted to your email with 👍.”15 votes -
Ability to change event times with the mouse, like in Apple Calendar on Mac.
In Apple Calendar, I can change event times by moving the mouse to the bottom edge of an event block. A line then appears with arrows above and below, indicating that I can “stretch” or “shorten” the event.
I can’t find this feature in Proton Calendar, and I have to edit each event manually. What used to take me 5 minutes in Apple Calendar to plan my week now takes much longer in Proton.
This feature would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
3 votes -
Add labels to Calendar Events
We have the chance to add tags or labels to emails in Proton Mail. I would like to use the same/new labels in Proton Calendar to be able to search emails and events for a self created label.
This would make dealing with projects much easier.Many thanks
10 votes -
Multiple Language Recognition in WIndows App
When writing emails in multiple languages, I noticed that the only language recognized by the Windows app is English (the primary language set in the app). This means that my emails are constantly full of red underlines, and I have no spell check help in other languages.
I have noticed that my wife does not have this problem on her Mac, and her desktop app automatically checks spelling in any language she has installed on her OS.
I also have all the languages I need installed on my Win OS, but this has no effect on Proton.
It would be…6 votes -
Pulling down on Profile Picture to switch accounts on mobile
It would be great if pulling down on the top-right profile picture icon on mobile would switch between logged-in accounts.
2 votes -
Move an Event to Next or Previous Week
I want to move a calendar event from a week to next week on UI but I cannot do it. It would be nice if we have such a one.
2 votes -
Calendar Scheduling for Passport Appointment
For a Philippine passport, you need to book an appointment and select your preferred date, time, and DFA branch during the booking process. I think a calendar reminder with the appointment date, required documents, processing details, fees, and branch information would be really helpful for keeping everything organized. For more details about the Philippine passport appointment booking process & choosing right date, time, and branch checkout https://dfapassportappointmentt.com.
2 votes -
forward a sent email
In other mail providers the whole message would be included if I wanted to resend to another address.
For example, when you receive an "out of office" auto response, which provides another email contact within that organisation.Maybe even if I have to "move" sent message to "draft" then replace existing recipients with the new, then send to the new recipient.
3 votes -
How do I convert OLM to EML with attachments?
You can convert OLM to EML with attachments using a dedicated tool like SysInfo OLM Converter. It allows you to export emails from OLM files to EML format while preserving the original email content, attachments, and folder structure. To start, install and launch the software on Windows, click Select Files or Select Folder, and add your OLM file. After loading the file, preview the mailbox data and select the email folders you want to convert. Click Next, choose EML as the output format, and select a destination folder. Make sure the attachment option is enabled so the files attached to…
2 votes -
Privacy-Preserving Notifications/Generic Notification Mode
Recently, reports involving Signal highlighted that operating system notification databases may retain sensitive information from message notifications, even after the original messages are deleted. While this example involved Signal and iOS, the same general risk may apply to other apps and operating systems where notification content is stored or indexed outside the app.
For privacy-focused users, Proton Mail and other Proton products should offer an option to use generic notification text instead of exposing message content in system notifications.
For example, instead of showing sender names, subject lines, or message previews, the notification could simply say:
“New Proton Mail message…
4 votes -
Calendar Search On Android App
Really not much to say. I would like to be able to search my calendar using the android app. Not having search in the app severally hinders the functionality for me.
135 votes -
S/MIME signature validation support for e-mail clients via Proton Bridge
Please add support, that an e-mail client connected via Proton Bridge is able to validate S/MIME signature.
Reason: Banks, delivery services, public authorities, etc. use S/MIME signed e-mails to prove that an e-mail is genuine. This helps fighting fraud, fishing and other criminal activites.
Context: Currently, S/MIME signature cannot be validate in Proton Mail. A validation with an e-mail client connected via Proton Bridge cannot validate an S/MIME signature because Proton modifies e-mail headers that are essential for a successful S/MIME signature validation.
The posted idea "S/Mime Support" at https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-proton-mail-calendar/suggestions/16574134-s-mime-support requests for much more: a full S/MIME implementation.Although full S/MIME…
23 votes -
Mass email delete by date
Please give us the option to mass delete emails. Ideally delete by date, For example all emails from Jan 1, 2022 and older. This helps us clean out our emails, saves server space, and has important privacy implications. I'll bet I'm not the first to ask for this, but I was encouraged to ask here to add my request to others. Hopefully there is enough demand or you see the need, to get some attention to this change. Thanks for listening.
3 votes -
Set all messages as default view instead of inbox
The default opened mailbox when launching protonmail is the inbox. It could be useful to set the default to an other mailbox / folder. For me, the all messages will be great because all my email are sort automatically in folders with filters.
18 votes -
Security or biometric lock for calendar
The only phone app that doesn't have a security lock in order to access (once already logged in) is the calendar. Assuming the worst and a bad actor steals your device and gets access to the phone, they have unfettered access to the calendar. Piecing data together via the calendar (data aggregation) can quickly compromise a person's identity, their circle of friends/associates, patterns, whereabouts on given days and times, etc. Having a security or biometric lock on the calendar helps add another level of OPSEC.
15 votes -
Improve Android Tablet and Desktop Resizability
Please improve proton android apps to support Android Tablets, Android Desktop, Chromebook and Googlebook. https://developer.android.com/about/versions/17/changes/ff-restrictions-ignored
2 votes -
Open in a specified folder - or last opened folder
I want proton Mail to always open in a folder specified by me.
This could also be "latest opened folder".
Right now I always see the inbox, which ideally is pretty empty in my setup, since I have a ton of subfolders and filters.
This means that I have to go to the "All mail" section - or browse many subfolders - to see discover new mails.
I'd personally prefer to always see "All mail" when opening Proton on the web or in an app, but another solution could simply be that Proton opened in the folder that was active…
3 votes -
Address-specific Whitelist for Enhanced Security
I propose adding a whitelist feature that can be linked to specific email addresses.
Some addresses are intended for highly restricted communications (e.g., online banking). By allowing users to whitelist only approved domains for such addresses, we can significantly reduce spam and phishing risks while minimizing unnecessary storage consumption.
An account dedicated solely to banking communications could be configured to accept emails only from the bank's domain (@bankname.com).
Given the power and potential impact of this feature, it requires clear warnings and user education to ensure safe adoption.
2 votes -
when thunderbird moves a message to Spam, have the Bridge do normal proton spam processing
Like the title says - if I move a message to Spam on Thunderbird, have the Proton Bridge do whatever is needed to update the Bayesian filter and (optionally - don't actually care about this part) put the sender in the blocked filter (this is of limited usefulness as the sender tends to keep changing on spam messages).
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?