Proton Mail & Calendar
1283 results found
-
Calendar Day View Popup
It would be nice to allow for a popup view of the events for the day (similar to Samsung's default calendar app). For example, if I have my calendar in month view but I click on one of the days in that month, a popup with the events for that day appears. You also have the option to hit the "+" button to add events for that day (taken to the event entry screen) or just tap away from the popup to return back the the calendar view (month view in my case).
Here is an example: https://techwiser.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Samsung-Calendar-Event-Open.jpg (from this…
3 votes -
Less Resource-Heavy Web Browser Interface for Proton Mail
Proton Mail's inbox was heavy enough on my Celeron N4020, hogging all 100% of the CPU when I opened it on Mullvad Browser along with Brave Browser for Gmail to set up a recovery email on my Proton account and crashes for several times.
4 votes -
Add a Proton-specific bank or sounds that can be played when specific senders send emails, or when other criteria are met.
Add a Proton-specific bank of sounds that can be pre-selected to be played when specific senders send emails, or when other criteria are met. User uploaded additions to the list should also be permitted within user accounts. Explore similar rule-triggered flash-screen or pop-up options to accompany sounds or to operate silently. And of course, don't forget the quick pull-down on-off toggle switch!
3 votes -
Pull-down or placement-editable button to sequester suspicious emails and/or emails known to contain trackers that cause problems.
Pull-down or placement-editable button to sequester suspicious emails and/or emails known to contain trackers that cause problems. Tracking emails can cause system glitches and have (for me) caused the Proton Mail App to dump repeatedly until the problem email was removed. Additionally, users should be able to report and send emails to technical support [zen desk or tech person or automated system] to be processed for problems in sime fashion.
3 votes -
Disappearing Calendar Events
In messaging contexts, it is well accepted that there may be times where you want to use disappearing messages, even despite the fact that your messenger (i.e. Signal) provides a secure, e2ee platform. Ultimately, this is because those messages, for whatever reason, are not worth keeping around past a certain point. And in many activist communities, messages or group chats could be used to correlate activity, attribute actions, or perform social network mapping. People then decide that the safest thing is to let those messages disappear to reduce the potential impact of a future "breach" of one participants' device.
Calendar…
2 votes -
Android's Calendar API integration
Android's Calendar API should be incorporated into Proton Calendar, because without that it lacks some fundamental features.
First, if you click a calendar event link, there is no option to open it in Proton Calendar, since it doesn't plug into that intent.
Second, widgets and great launchers (like Niagara) do not see Proton as a calendar, so its events can not be shown. Proton's calendar widget is nice, but it would be much better to have total freedom about launchers and widgets integrate.
110 votes -
Global busy calendar link
Proton Calendar already allows you to mark many calendars as contributing their events to the user's busy time. Unfortunately, this is only visible within the Proton organization and there is no easy way to show people outside of proton whether you are busy or not.
Proton Calendar should add an ICS link that can be shared in order for others to subscribe to your availability. The busy link can be passed on to colleagues or appointment software such as cal.com. The ICS file combines busy times from ALL calendars that the user has marked as showing themselves as busy.
Alternatives…
11 votes -
Make Proton Mail follow the "Cache Directory Tagging Standard"
If it's possible, it would be useful to follow the "Cache Directory Tagging Standard" in Proton Mail, so any directory containing a CACHEDIR.TAG file will be skipped from backups.
If cache data it's not necessary I don't see a reason to backup it;
The CACHEDIR.TAG file helps tools like Restic to exclude certain cache dirs2 votes -
I have filters and folders for multiple emails. When I receive mail addressed to more than one email, I need then to go in each folder.
I have filters and folders set up for multiple emails. When I receive mail addressed to more than one of my emails in the same account, it ends up going to the folder associated with the last filter. I need the email to go in each folder.
3 votes -
Small iOS widget
A small widget gives more flexibility in screen real estate.
13 votes -
Allow UI zoom for desktop application
As a user, I want to be able to zoom into and out of the reading pane, so I can more easily see the text of my emails.
Rationale: Presently, the application seems to default to desktop resolution but the UI and text are very small and I cannot increase them. Being older and having poor eyesight, this makes it very difficult to use the desktop application. In contrast, using the webmail interface, you can easily increase the zoom as needed to make things readable.
30 votes -
Alert new senders on inbox
If a sender never emailed me before, the UI could display a tooltip or an icon alerting me as such.
How would this help? If someone from npmjs.help is emailing me about a 2-factor authentication update, if I am alerted that it is the first time that email address is sending me emails, I am going to think twice before clicking it.
Important! Let's make it the first time they are emailing me in my inbox (in case they sent an email with the purpose of arriving at my junk folder and, a few months later, send another email that…
3 votes -
Edit Proton Calendar Notification Intervals on iOS
Please allow Proton Calendar on iOS the ability to edit the intervals before an event that notifications appear. For example, change it from "15 minutes before" to "1 hour before."
4 votes -
Disable/enable notifications for specific hours
Add the ability to choose time slot for notifications.
E.g. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for professional notifications.
This would particularly be useful if we can choose for which alias and/or folder we set the time slot.Example 1
address@proton.me -> notifications always enabled
address+alias@proton.me -> notifications enabled only from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.Example 2
address@proton.me -> notifications always enabled
Folder 1 -> notifications enabled only from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.20 votes -
Notifications for when calendar event is ending
I need a notification sometimes for when my events are ending not just when they're beginning.
It would really help me keep track of the passing of time when I'm deep into my work/study time and need to clock out/wrap up on time.
I'd suggest it work the same way notifications are set up at the beginning of an event, especially that it is an event by event basis to opt into and that you can customize the time of notification (could be 10 min or 30 min etc)
Thank you for considering and reading! I'd appreciate a vote in…
2 votes -
Allow downloading attachments without having to open the email first.
Automated statement emails, etc. have no use other than the attachments linked to them. It is a waste of time having to open each one just to download the attachments. It would be very convenient to be able to download one or more emails' attachments with a single button click.
4 votes -
How to Unlock Password-Protected PST Files for Seamless Backup and Recovery?
I have several old Outlook PST files that are password-protected, and I need to access them for creating a backup and ensuring recovery options are available. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the passwords for these files, which is preventing me from proceeding. Can anyone suggest reliable methods or tools to unlock password-protected PST files safely without risking data loss? I am looking for a solution that works smoothly and allows me to regain full access so I can back up and restore my Outlook data without issues.
2 votes -
How to Convert MP4, AVI, and MOV for Cross-Platform Compatibility
Different players often demand different formats. Have you tried converting your videos for cross-device compatibility? Share your favorite tools here.
2 votes -
12 votes
-
Enable replication of email actions in EMClient
When I used Outlook together with EMclient, any email action in one app (e.g. delete or saving in a folder) would be replicated in the other app.
I now use EMclient together with Protonmail because at least I can sort by sender in EMclient - which a long overdue feature in Protonmail. But if i delete an email in EMclient its still sits there in Protonmail and is difficult to find amongst the many many pages of emails that have stacked up.
Replication of email actions in one app - Protonmail - needs to be replicated in the other app…2 votes
- Don't see your idea?